Wegmans Food Markets Pharmacy Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 12, 2017

2.2

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (New York, NY).

Interview

I got an email 1 day after applying, and then was called to schedule an interview. I had no phone interview. My first interview was very laid back and easy-going. The interviewer asked me questions regarding values of Wegmans and why i would be a good fit for the company, also, why i left my previous jobs. My second interview was intense. This interview was scheduled for a week later after the first. It was a panel interview with three people. They asked more behavioral related questions. For example, what i would do in certain situations and what i did previously to resolve certain issues. I would strongly recommend going on YouTube and searching for good ways to answer certain behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you had conflict with your manager and how you resolved it.   Answer Question
  • How would you resolve an issue with your co-workers?   Answer Question
  • Tell us about a time when when you had a disagreement and what you did about it   Answer Question
  • How would you deal with an angry customer?   Answer Question
  • How would you balance good customer service and company regulation and policy?   Answer Question
  • What does a pharmacy technician do?   Answer Question
  • Tell us a time where you had to research components of a topic and come to a conclusion.   Answer Question
  • How would you deal with someone if they didn't understand what you were trying to tell them?   Answer Question
  • What is food safety?   Answer Question
  • Why do you want to become a pharmacy technician?   Answer Question
  • Tell us about a time where you came up with a solution to a problem   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wegmans Food Markets

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets.

Interview

Phone interview with Human Resources followed by in-person interview with department manager. The phone interview was average and was composed of questions you would normally expect from any sort of interview. In-person interview was brief and also explained some of the job responsibilities more in-depth and gave a tour of the department I would be working in.

Interview Questions

• Name an obstacle you encountered at work and how you resolved the issue   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets.

Interview

I did not have a good experience. Was basically asked to repeat the same information I gave online. I think honestly, for a job that pays less than $10 an hour out of the gate, it's a little ridiculous that the HR person cared so much about why you disliked/liked or left a job from six years ago. I've had interviews for professional positions that didn't want to drill so far into your past or care. I was excited to work here because of how great a company it is, but I think they need to keep your employment history to last three employers or the last five years and give HR less say in the process. I felt silly having to give up my history for the last 10 years.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when someone didn't listen and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Rochester, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and 13 days later I received a call to do a phone interview. After that she set up a final in-store interview 2 days later. I was interviewed by 3 people: the woman who called me for the first interview on the phone, the pharmacy manager and a pharmacy manager in training. It was just the first two that asked the questions though. They seemed nice enough which made the process a bit easier. The interview consisted mostly general customer service questions and a couple regarding pharmacy technicians.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you and a coworker had a disagreement and how you dealt with it. Tell me about a time when you missed a deadline.   Answer Question
    • What does great customer service mean to you? What do you think you'd bring to the team?   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with an unruly customer? Describe a time when you had an interaction with an angry customer and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question
    • How would you balance providing great customer service while at the same time complying with all state and federal regulations?   Answer Question
    • To you, what does a Pharmacy Technician do?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets.

Interview

I applied online, about three weeks later I received an e-mail to set up a phone interview. On the day of my scheduled phone interview, I spoke with someone from HR. She was just confirming the information on my application, and asked a few simple questions. I was told I'd be receiving a call to set up an in-person interview within the next week or two. After almost two weeks passed, I finally received a call to set up an interview with someone from HR and the pharmacy manager. Went to the interview, it was very relaxed. They confirmed my availability and application information again, asked some more questions -- some weren't pharmacy related, they had a couple questions food related. Since I had no previous work experience, the questions were more based on my academic performance (i.e. Was there ever a time you had a group project and one of the members wasn't contributing? How did you handle the situation?). I received a call the same day with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What are your short term and long term goals?   Answer Question
    • Why work at a Wegmans pharmacy, why not another, more common, company?   Answer Question
    • If a customer were to ask you for a meal recommendation, how would you respond? What would you recommend?   Answer Question
    • Have you tried any new foods or recipes recently? If so, what was it? Did you enjoy it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Woodbridge, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

The lady was cold/rude. It was a phone interview. Read directly from a script and appeared to have no real interest in me or what I could bring to the job. Asked a serious of questions, most which had nothing to do with the position I applied for. Seemed like they were just interviewing for fun.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer needed help finding a product in the meat market?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Rochester, NY).

Interview

I applied online and was give a call by a lovely HR lady in couple of days to schedule phone interview. That went very well. You just need to be open, cheerful, don't pause for too long and elaborate on your answers. Few days later I was called for in person interview. Two HRs I spoketo were amazingly pleasant people. Simple open ended questions "how you dealt with difficult customers", "how would yo ex-manager describe you", "tell me about time you had conflicts with coworkers". Smile, be outgoing, make couple of jokes, thank them for giving you a chance. Just be overall NICE and CONFIDENT. Make a point how you always wanted to be in pharmacy business and stress it (this is very true for me). Make sure to ask THEM questions, I think if you don't have any, it shows your lack of interest. I WANT to wok there very very much, so I had tons. 3 days later I got a call - I am hired.
    I want to note that I have no college education, certification or pharmacy work experience.

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses, the ever favorite.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (State College, PA) in August 2013.

Interview

Filling out the application online through Taleo was very simple. I received an e-mail the next day from the recruiter. They set up a phone interview with the recruiter to see if you would be a good fit. Then they send your information to the store level. Human resources contacted me to conduct a phone interview and then set up a face to face interview. At the face to face interview the manager wasn't available to be there so I had to come back for a third interview. At that last interview it was a positive experience filled with many questions and the manager wrote my answers down on the sheet. I was offered the job and began work that next week.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time where you had to deal with a negative situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Rochester, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

it was very thorough but the manager i had the chance to speak to got very off topic but he was nice and talked me through the whole job and requirements

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Syracuse, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

I got called into the store for an interview and the Hiring Manager was very nice and bubbly which helped me feel completely at ease. She began by explaining the different positions available to me, I chose Pharmacist Technician, and went over basic questions such as availability and simple background check questions. I was actually given two interviews, one which was more vague and was supposed to be a phone interview. The actually 1:1 interview was quite repetitive but still very easy. Many situation questions were asked, nothing that involved a lot of thought. After the interview was done she told me I would receive a phone call detailing another interview with the managers of the pharmacy department. I was also told that I would be in training for 6 months to become certified.

Interview Questions

• Favourite restaurant and favourite thing to eat there?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you missed a deadline.   1 Answer