Weight Watchers Receptionist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Weight Watchers Receptionist Interview Questions

2.2

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Weight Watchers.

Interview

I had to fill out a questionnaire first rating myself in certain areas. Then I had a 15 minute phone interview. It took about 6 weeks to hear from anyone after submitting my questionnaire online. I got an email that wanted me to select a time for the phone interview. After that I was told it might be 2-3 weeks before I hear from the regional director whether I will get another interview. That is where I stand right now.

Interview Questions

• Tell about my Weight Watchers experience and why I feel like this is a job I would like to do.   Answer Question
  • As a receptionist, what would be my goal for the position ?   Answer Question
  • How would I handle a customer that is upset or angry?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Weight Watchers

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Weight Watchers (Newark, NJ).

Interview

It was very relaxing. The leader of the meeting interviewed me then I had to go through training.. I did hands on training in live meetings. Then I was tested on what I knoew.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery Village, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Weight Watchers (Montgomery Village, MD) in November 2012.

Interview

if you have been through the program then there really is no need to look through or research interview questions. Many of them are related to subjects or experiences you've had during your weight loss journey... ope this helps. There is no depth in the company; in retrospect the interview questions topics where very shallow.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Weight Watchers (Boston, MA) in November 2012.

Interview

Met at a Dunkin Donuts. They asked a few standard questions and I was hired. Very easy. I think that if you personable and at your goal weight, you were hired.

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Weight Watchers (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

I was sent a card after I reached lifetime asking me to become part of their team and I accepted then I was contacted and was asked to come to an interview. There were two of us and the job was explained to us and we were told after they went over our resume, if we were suited for the position we would be contacted and I was and I met with the TM and was hired and told how much I would make and was also offered work at home which I was given down the path. I did it and sent it to the TM she never acknowledged that she got it and I was never paid for it. I was never told that the training would be so little and that I had to shadow for nothing on my own time all over the city and I was never told that it would take 1 to 2 years to get a meeting. If I had know that I would have never started with them as I was broke and needed a job and she knew that.

Negotiation

same as above

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Weight Watchers (Atlanta, GA) in January 2012.

Interview

Chose from a group setting. Wanted to know your weight loss journey so you could empathize with members who struggle with weight loss. Wanted to know if you could work weekends, nights days Only work when needed so not always a set schedule.

Interview Questions

• What was your weight loss journey   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Basically minimum wage, no raises in years

Anonymous Employee in Crystal Lake, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Weight Watchers (Crystal Lake, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

I was a member that had just made Lifetime Status. After telling my leader that I was interested in working for WW, I met with the regional manager to have the interview. We met at a meeting location in Crystal Lake, IL and we talked one on one. I also met with the leader there to ask her any questions that I had. They were very nice and after the interview, I was offered the job and asked when I could start training. Training went smoothly and I was working a meeting by the next month. Overall I enjoyed my time at WW but the pay and hours were not high enough to justify the time spent.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for WW?   1 Answer

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Weight Watchers in October 2010.

Interview

Weight Watchers is very thorough in their interview and hiring process. Once filling out the online questionnaire, I received an email very quickly from the closest Territory Manager. I was invited to a Job Fair with a presentation on jobs available, what each entailed and how to proceed.
    The process of getting hired was very organized. Once hired I was immediately assigned to a Mentor who led me through a four stage process. All materials were provided and my mentor was available as I moved into my own job assignments.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a member who was very upset?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation- salaries are set.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crystal Lake, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Weight Watchers (Crystal Lake, IL) in May 2010.

Interview

very casual interview with the regional manager, but since then they have change to an on-line test first before you interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Weight Watchers (New York, NY) in March 2009.

Interview

Attended an open/group interview, then was invited to a 1-to-1 interview two days later. I was referred by a current Weight Watchers employee (leader). I had been a member of WW for two years, losing 74 pounds.
    I was offered a job at the second interview with the Territory Manager. They are most interested in upbeat personalities, those who understand the WW philosophy, those who are personable, and those with flexible schedules. In NYC most WW reception work is around the lunch hours 11-2. All employees have been
    successful WW members, so most are highly motivated and enthusiastic. Most enjoy careers/jobs helping others. Reception is low pay. So it is a decent job for a retiree or someone selfemployed or looking for part-time. Health benefits are excellent for "full timers" Full time is 27.5 WW hours per week.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle and angry customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No. Pay rates are formulaic and standard to all.