Weill Cornell Medical College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 26, 2017

2.8

Senior Patient Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Weill Cornell Medical College (New York, NY).

Interview

After applying online I received a called from the dept practice manager for a in person interview. It took about 3 days to hear back from her and she advised that I will have a final interview with the HR recruiter. After having that interview I was offered the job. The whole process too k about 21/2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why do i want to leave my current job?   1 Answer
    • tell me about a time when you went above and beyond your normal job duties?   Answer Question

Patient Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Weill Cornell Medical College (New York, NY).

Interview

I first heard about the position through a friend. I emailed and got a response for an in-person interview. First interview was easy-going and friendly. The following interview with HR was incredibly brief.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good fit for this role? What are your longterm goals?   Answer Question

Practice Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Weill Cornell Medical College (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Had numerous interviews for this particular role took a total of 3-4 weeks. In all I had five great interviews and each one made me love the dept even more. After my last interview I received a call from HR with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a difficult situation at your previous job? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Senior Patient Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Weill Cornell Medical College (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Greeted well and basic questions that pertained directly to the job at hand. Touched base with background and how it can be contributed to the job and allowed to discuss a little more about your self . All smiles and great edicate

Interview Questions

• What would you say your strengths and what are your weakness   Answer Question

Patient Coordinator Interview

Application

Interview

The interviewer seemed outwardly tired, and the interview was very short. It was difficult to fully answer at least one of the questions asked before the interviewer interjected, preventing elaboration. I was then made to wait to see if someone else could meet with me, but ultimately nobody did.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Weill Cornell Medical College (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a very friendly interview experience. All my interviewers were warm and detailed on what they were looking for in the position. Considering I was applying for one particular department, the interview process could have been a little different than the standard proceedings. I had gone in to interview three times with different people in the department. (One was a group interview) and a final interview with HR where I received my offer. When interviewing for this place, just be prepared to go in for interviews multiple times.

Once you accept the offer you have to go do blood work and other medical exams at their affiliated clinic and go into their office to set up an appointment for your On-boarding process to receive your Photo ID/Security Pass.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to deal with conflict in the office and describe how you dealt with the situation.   Answer Question

Data Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Weill Cornell Medical College.

Interview

Three phases in the interview process. The first interview involved interviewing with the director of the department. The second interview was with the physician involved with the department of interest for the clinical trials and then the third was with HR, which is the only department that can formally extended a job offer to you. The interview process took a full month before I found out I got the job.

Research Technician Interview

Interview

I applied directly with the PI (Principal Investigator) and was called in for an interview about a week later. Trying to apply through HR is a complete waste of time. I met with the PI only, and the interview revolved around my undergraduate coursework and prior research experience. I brought a copy of the paper where some of the research I contributed to had been published.

But the PI wanted a minimum two year commitment to the position. There was also the expectation that I share his level of interest in the research, meaning working nights and weekends. And since Research Technician positions are grant funded, the low salary being offered was all I would be paid. With all the expected overtime, it would basically work out to minimum wage. And since Research Technician positions are grant funded, the PI couldn't guarantee me job security even if I wanted to stay two years. If his future grant proposals were rejected by NIH, NSF, etc., there would be no money. There were no promotions or decent salary increases in the pipeline either. It was basically a terminal position with small cost of living increases at the most.

I received an email from the PI about a month later letting me know the position had been filled. But I knew from the interview that it wasn't going to work out. The job description doesn't exactly advertise it, but it basically only works if you intend to go to medical school in a few years. And you need to come from a rich family, because the non-negotiable salary isn't enough to live on in New York City.

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Weill Cornell Medical College (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Was contacted about a month after I applied via email. After answering a few introductory questions, I was called in for an interview. Met with PI and several members of the lab. All were very kind, and the conversations were mostly about the research being done at the lab. I followed up, and about two weeks later the PI let me know the position had gone to someone else.

Bioinformatics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Weill Cornell Medical College (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Someone from the lab I was interested in contacted me about a phone call. We called a few days later. The whole process was very relaxed and informal. We discussed interest in the job and what the position would entail.