Weill Cornell Medical College Research Technician II Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Weill Cornell Medical College Research Technician II Interview Questions

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Weill Cornell Medical College (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I was emailed requesting a good interview date. The interview was with the Laboratory Manager and Two Postdocs. The Interview lasted no more than 30 minutes. Before the interview started I was given a tour of the lab facilities. Everyone was very nice and easy to get along with. This was followed by an HR interview to hand in transcript verification.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe the process for completing a western blot?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Weill Cornell Medical College

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Weill Cornell Medical College (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and directly contacted the PI to follow up. We set up a relatively casual phone interview and talked about my experience. After thinking I would be a good fit, the PI initiated the more intense process with HR. I ended up being interviewed by the PI, an HR representative, and a veteran lab manager at a neighboring lab. I was offered the job exactly one week after my official interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Weill Cornell Medical College (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Hiring was a two-tiered process. I was first interviewed by the lab's Principal Investigator (PI), then by HR at Cornell. The PI's questions were related to previous lab experience and techniques, while HR asked the more standard interview questions. All in all, everyone was very communicative and supportive throughout the process, and I have no complaints.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question was related to a scientific technique that I learned a few years back, asked by the lab's PI. Mostly to check critical thinking skills and scientific acumen.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Weill Cornell Medical College (New York, NY).

Interview

The interviewee must exude confidence during the interview and demonstrate a strong knowledge of life sciences. Many Principal investigators (PI) seek graduates that are either pre-med or preparing for a physicians assistant program.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have writing an NIH grant?   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Research Technician II Interview

Interview

Met with PI and the team. Everyone in the lab was nice. A week after my interview, I was sent to HR for a second interview. HR personnel asked questions irrelevant to research, and he was sarcastic and unfriendly.

Research Technician II Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Weill Cornell Medical College in September 2009.

Interview

Seemed a pretty standard behavioral and individual interview. I interviewed with the hiring manager and future colleagues to determine the fit and my level of knowledge. The atmosphere in the group was stiff with no communication between people and between people and management. As a general rule for people who interview I suggest first to take a look around and notice as much as possible.