Find jobs for Research Technician

Weill Cornell Medical College Research Technician Interview Questions

Updated Jul 11, 2019

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Weill Cornell Medical College

Campus Recruiting6%
HardAverageEasy
Found 18 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Weill Cornell Medical College (United States)

Interview

The interview was held via Skype with the postdoc and the PI. They talked a little about their research and then went on to ask me questions. The interview lasted for about 45 minutes. They sent out a rejection email about one week later.

Interview Questions
  • Describe your research experience
    Answer Question
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Weill Cornell Medical College (United States) in Feb 2019

Interview

I was contacted by a PhD student in one of the research labs. Had a skype interview a few weeks later that asked about my resume and if I knew basic info about what the lab was studying. At the end of that interview I was then invited for an in-person interview two weeks later. There I met members of the lab and at the end of the interview was asked to give a few references. Three weeks went by and I heard nothing from the person I was initially contacted by. I decided to send an email asking about the status of the position and received a response saying I was a top candidate but they went with someone who had more prior research experience than me. I am annoyed and irritated that they didn't even bother to contact me to let me know that I didn't receive the position. If I didn't email them I would have never gotten a response back. Also this was an entry level position with no experience required. I just didn't like how they acted and it was not professional at all to drag someone along like that waiting for a response for weeks after a second interview.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Weill Cornell Medical College (United States)

Interview

Multiple interviews First with Pi, most concerning on the previous lab experience, and I was asked to submit a reference letter from my previous boss. then interview with senior labmates and HR. Finally I was invited to their lab to do a presentation about my previous work. Notifying me to get the job offer later

Interview Questions
  • Previous lab experience and pretty stick on your CV
  • Detailed information about your research work being presented, including how do you analyze data and some math questions
  • Future plan
  • The reasons why you apply research technician in this lab and how much contributions you can make to this lab, what could be the advantage of hiring you instead of others.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Weill Cornell Medical College (United States) in Jul 2018

Interview

First I had a phone interview with the HR manager and after a week, I got called in for a skype interview. The overall interview process was pretty standard. I did not get any response after the skype interview so I assumed that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Weill Cornell Medical College (New York, NY) in Jun 2018

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by the PI a few weeks later. He asked for transcripts and a few letters of recommendation which were promptly set. Met with him in person for a short interview before he gave a lab tour and introduced me to his lab. Currently waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Weill Cornell Medical College (New York, NY) in Jun 2018

Interview

I received a quiz testing basic math and laboratory techniques. The interview lasted about 45 minutes and he mainly talked about his own research during that time. He was supposed to email me after a week with a decision, but I never received any such email. I found this discourteous and unprofessional.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Weill Cornell Medical College (United States)

Interview

I applied directly with the PI (Principal Investigator) and was called in for an interview about a week later. Trying to apply through HR is a complete waste of time. I met with the PI only, and the interview revolved around my undergraduate coursework and prior research experience. I brought a copy of the paper where some of the research I contributed to had been published. But the PI wanted a minimum two year commitment to the position. There was also the expectation that I share his level of interest in the research, meaning working nights and weekends. And since Research Technician positions are grant funded, the low salary being offered was all I would be paid. With all the expected overtime, it would basically work out to minimum wage. And since Research Technician positions are grant funded, the PI couldn't guarantee me job security even if I wanted to stay two years. If his future grant proposals were rejected by NIH, NSF, etc., there would be no money. There were no promotions or decent salary increases in the pipeline either. It was basically a terminal position with small cost of living increases at the most. I received an email from the PI about a month later letting me know the position had been filled. But I knew from the interview that it wasn't going to work out. The job description doesn't exactly advertise it, but it basically only works if you intend to go to medical school in a few years. And you need to come from a rich family, because the non-negotiable salary isn't enough to live on in New York City.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Weill Cornell Medical College (New York, NY) in May 2017

Interview

Was contacted about a month after I applied via email. After answering a few introductory questions, I was called in for an interview. Met with PI and several members of the lab. All were very kind, and the conversations were mostly about the research being done at the lab. I followed up, and about two weeks later the PI let me know the position had gone to someone else.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Weill Cornell Medical College (New York, NY) in Sep 2015

Interview

There was an initial phone interview. Then an in-person interview approximately a month after the phone interview. I interviewed right at the lab with several supervisors and had a tour of the lab. The in-person interview lasted about 2 hours.

Interview Questions
  • Talk to me about your experience as an undergraduate.
Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Weill Cornell Medical College (New York, NY) in Mar 2015

Interview

Phone interview first with Principle Investigator. Then I met with the PI and lab members. I met with the PI first which went well followed by meeting members of the lab. I was interviewed by the other research techs on the team. This was followed by a meeting with HR.

Interview Questions
  • Strengths and weaknesses. Previous experience. Did I have Research experience.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 18