WeiserMazars Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.3

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at WeiserMazars (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Talked about my experience on my resume, interviewer experience and about the firm. Interviewer was an audit senior and was very friendly. No questions, just a very casual and informal interview. Just be personable and you should be fine.

1+ week passed since the date I've interviewed and no response back or anything.

WeiserMazars Response

Oct 31, 2016 – Recruiting Coordinator

We regret that you have not yet received a response after your on-campus interview. We are still in the process of reviewing the candidates that were interviewed in the past week and will be... More

Markeing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at WeiserMazars (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Met with six members of the marketing team in the New York office. They were all very professional and easy to talk to. They asked appropriate questions related to the job and did not ask standard interview questions. They also made sure that I understood the job requirements and the marketing group structure.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a recent marketing campaign you worked on   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WeiserMazars (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a manager working at WeiserMazars. Probably that put enough weight such that the interview seemed a formality to me. I had passed 3 CPA exams prior to interview and had some experience in very small accounting firm. I was interviewed by 3 persons (4 if you consider main HR just walk me to the exit and give farewell ). Whole process was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• There were no hard question, partly because it was for associate level. It was just a conversational based and it never felt pressured.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WeiserMazars (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was conversational in nature. It was a discussion of my career history, They don't aske the typical "where do you see yourself in 5 years question.

Interview Questions

• How could they market my designation to their clients. It should have made me realize that all they were interested in was clients and billable hours.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was simply told salary and that I was bonus eligible, When I questioned the PTO days they added a week.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WeiserMazars (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Basic. As long as you're personable you're in. This is the easiest interview one could possibly have. They ask only about your experience and nothing technical whatsoever. If you can walk and chew gum you are as good as hired in this interview situation.

Staff Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WeiserMazars (Edison, NJ).

Interview

The hiring process was very relaxed and professional. I interviewed with the director of HR and an Audit Manager for roughly 40 minutes a piece and then a few minutes together. Doing research about the company ahead of time proved to be beneficial. Asking relevant questions based on information from the website shows the interviewer you did your homework and show interest in the company. The interview was behavioral and I talked about just about everything that was on my resume in conversation. Know your resume inside and out, be able to talk about the most seemingly insignificant details on it as you will likely be asked something about it and need to talk about it. Overall the interview was very friendly and no hardball questions were imposed. The entire process from interview to offer took less than a day.

Interview Questions

• Why WeiserMazars instead of another mid tiered CPA firm?
      Why not big four?
      Why should we choose you? What makes you stand out?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at WeiserMazars (Woodbury, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied through my school and received a call to come in. The office was very nice and the staff seemed very friendly.

Towards the end of the interview the interviewer buzzed for another staff member to come in the room, who then came in and told me its a very nice and relaxed office to work at, he seemed to be talking up the place and I took this as a good sign.

However, it was actually my first interview ever and I was extremely nervous- I never heard back.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my experience and other basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Staff Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WeiserMazars (New York, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

After being referred by current employee, I had an hour and a half phone interview with a partner. This was conversational and behavioral. The partner sought to determine competency, personality, and why you wanted to work for the firm.

The final round interview was an office visit with 2 one on one interviews that lasted about an hour each. These were also behavioral and conversational. Throughout both the phone and in person interviews, questions were encouraged, so be prepared with 10 or more questions that can focus on research you did on the firm, personal questions for your interviewer, or corporate culture and day to day functions.

Overall, the firm has a great corporate culture. Teamwork is emphasized, and there doesn't seem to be the internal cut throat competitive nature found at other consulting firms.

Interview Questions

The firm has a very new consulting practice (as of 12/2012) and the firm is small. I decided a small firm wasn't for me.

While everyone I met was incredibly nice and easy to get a long with, I noticed there were very few females. Other offers I received had females throughout the organization and at the Partner level.

Audit Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at WeiserMazars (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Met with two audit partners separately and then met with one manager with about the same level of experience and one senior accountant. All the people I met with were positive and seemed to enjoy the work and the overall environment at the firm. The pre-interview conversations with the human resource department were positive and gave helpful information.

Interview Questions

• how have you improved or made your current audit more efficient?   Answer Question

Tax Semi-senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at WeiserMazars (Woodbury, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Very informal.

Negotiation

no negotiation - no movement on offer - accept or nothing.