Weitz & Luxenberg Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 1, 2017

2.5

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Weitz & Luxenberg (New York, NY).

Interview

Met with a member from Human Resources who gave me an introduction to the firm and more clarity on the position. It was very direct and came across as a very honest assessment based on their opinion and experience. Then met with a senior manager who has been with the firm for many years. He was very straight to the point about his expectations and spent an ample amount of time describing his experience with the firm. He also seemed very genuine and sincere.

Interview Questions

• If you were told to do something with explicit instructions on how to do the task; however you discovered a faster way to get the task completed, would you complete the task/project the way you were instructed by management or the way you discovered, even though your process expedited the completion of the project?   Answer Question

Legal Assistant Interview

Application

I interviewed at Weitz & Luxenberg in June 2017.

Interview

My first interview, I met with a man from HR; he was absolutely lovely and asked basic interview questions. I then met with a floor manager and an attorney. Both were friendly but did not seem particularly interested in the interview. After completing the first interview, I was asked to come back to meet with a senior attorney, which I accepted. This attorney was one of the most miserable people I have met; she has evidently lost the ability to smile. The moment I walked in the door, she had a palpable aversion to me. She hurried along all my answers to get me to leave faster. When I shook her hand, she did not even look me in the eyes. Within less than six hours after the second interview, I was denied. This was a welcomed sight, as only a masochist would want to work under that attorney.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Weitz & Luxenberg (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I first spoke to a HR manager (really nice guy) then to the attorney who was the one hiring the legal assistant. First, they have 3 opening positions, each position with a different attorney. Second, my coworker from my current job ALSO applied a day earlier, but got an interview super quickly and hired the next day with a male attorney. For me, it was different. It was really weird because I am very hardworking, witted and quick/competent, and we all expected I would also get hired because my qualifications are slightly higher than my coworkers. However, my interviewer who was a female attorney didn't really ask any questions and went on a whole spiel about her job. Sadly she didn't make the job seem great either and looked miserable. We ended with how she was seeking someone who could stay for 2 years but I had mentioned I may only stay for one (woops should've lied here because my coworker lied too.) In the end, I wasn't hired. Why I make a distinction between male and female, because women are more micro-managing whereas men see the bigger picture. I tend to not do so well when my interviewer is a female, sadly.

Interview Questions

• What are your current plans/goals.   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Weitz & Luxenberg.

Interview

Phone interview where we basically just talked about the position then in person interview on site where I met with two separate employees. One employee mostly just told me more about the position and the company whereas the other employee asked me more skill based and behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• What kind of administrative work do you do in your current job?   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Weitz & Luxenberg (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted by in-house recruiter within 5 days for a phone interview, followed up with an in-person interview the following week, meet with 2 people I would be working with directly, was there for approximately 1.5 hours.

The interviewers told me I was 1 of 3 they were interviewing, and that they would make a decision on the candidate by the end of the following week & let me know either way. After 2 weeks passed from the interview date, and no notification from the company on my status, they re-posted the position online.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with different personalities? What would you do in a situation where there was a deadline for paperwork and the person in the office was not cooperating with returning it or honoring the deadline? What are you looking for in this role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Weitz & Luxenberg (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

My firm has been partnering with Weitz & Luxenberg for years and we have guided many candidates through the interview process. The firm is selective, efficient, and professional and we have received overwhelmingly positive feedback from our candidates regarding their process. The HR/Recruiting team is among the best in the industry and always does their best to provide feedback despite a heavy volume of candidates who are not selected for hire due to their high standards.

Interview Questions

• To best manage your expectations in regards to the responsibilities of this opportunity; how would you like to see this position allow you to grow within your career based in your skills and interests?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Weitz & Luxenberg (New York, NY).

Interview

My interview went incredibly well. I met with a guy from HR (whose name I cannot mention per Glassdoor rules) and the attorney I would be working with (who I really liked). I was even offered the job! I was very excited. We were negotiating salary and it was at this point where the guy from HR told me he would reach out to the attorney and get back to me. It is now four months later and I have never heard back from him.

During the first follow up when I asked him what was happening in terms of negotiation, he would say "yes, yes I will get back to you". During that first month I heard back twice from him, after that I never heard from him again. I was supposed to hear back within the month. Every time I called this man or emailed him he ignored my inquiries. I finally reached out to the attorney's assistant and she said "oh, HR should've called you about this. I'll have them talk to you". HR never called me. I never heard anything again AFTER ALREADY being offered the job. The most unprofessional experience I've ever had. A simple "hey, we can't offer you more than ____" would've been great. Inexcusable.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Weitz & Luxenberg (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I was in contact with a staffing agency and they setup an interview with the firm. I had a total of 3 in-person interviews directly at the firm. For the first interview I met with 2 people from the department I was interviewing for and was asked normal interview questions. The 2nd interview I met with the same group and 2 other department supervisors. We discussed the role of the position and I again was asked normal interview questions about my strengths, weaknesses, goals, and experience. The 3rd interview was with HR and they gave me a tour of the building. I was offered the position after the 3rd interview. Extremely professional process and all the staff that was involved was extremely welcoming and helpful. All of my questions during the whole entire process were answered. Highly recommend.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Weitz & Luxenberg (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Took three weeks to score interview, and never heard back from them. Meet with managing partner who told me attorney who i would be working with was not in. Never heard from them again. They must not have liked me.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Weitz & Luxenberg (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied on Linkedin and was contacted by a recruiter on the same day who scheduled a call with me. Although the position on Linkedin was for the role of an "HR Assistant", the recruiter started describing a COMPLETELY different role. Apparently it was a "hybrid role" that they were creating that was a mix of an executive assistant and a paralegal. I was told that my qualifications matched what they needed and that he would contact me back to schedule an on-site interview but was never emailed after that day. Overall, a very shady experience, and after reading the reviews on this site, I'm glad I wasn't asked to proceed.