Weitz and Luxenberg, P.C. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Weitz and Luxenberg, P.C. Interview Questions

Updated Mar 31, 2017

2.4

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Weitz and Luxenberg, P.C..

Interview

Phone interview where we basically just talked about the position then in person interview on site where I met with two separate employees. One employee mostly just told me more about the position and the company whereas the other employee asked me more skill based and behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• What kind of administrative work do you do in your current job?   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Weitz and Luxenberg, P.C. (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted by in-house recruiter within 5 days for a phone interview, followed up with an in-person interview the following week, meet with 2 people I would be working with directly, was there for approximately 1.5 hours.

The interviewers told me I was 1 of 3 they were interviewing, and that they would make a decision on the candidate by the end of the following week & let me know either way. After 2 weeks passed from the interview date, and no notification from the company on my status, they re-posted the position online.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with different personalities? What would you do in a situation where there was a deadline for paperwork and the person in the office was not cooperating with returning it or honoring the deadline? What are you looking for in this role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Weitz and Luxenberg, P.C. (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

My firm has been partnering with Weitz & Luxenberg for years and we have guided many candidates through the interview process. The firm is selective, efficient, and professional and we have received overwhelmingly positive feedback from our candidates regarding their process. The HR/Recruiting team is among the best in the industry and always does their best to provide feedback despite a heavy volume of candidates who are not selected for hire due to their high standards.

Interview Questions

• To best manage your expectations in regards to the responsibilities of this opportunity; how would you like to see this position allow you to grow within your career based in your skills and interests?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Weitz and Luxenberg, P.C. (New York, NY).

Interview

My interview went incredibly well. I met with a guy from HR (whose name I cannot mention per Glassdoor rules) and the attorney I would be working with (who I really liked). I was even offered the job! I was very excited. We were negotiating salary and it was at this point where the guy from HR told me he would reach out to the attorney and get back to me. It is now four months later and I have never heard back from him.

During the first follow up when I asked him what was happening in terms of negotiation, he would say "yes, yes I will get back to you". During that first month I heard back twice from him, after that I never heard from him again. I was supposed to hear back within the month. Every time I called this man or emailed him he ignored my inquiries. I finally reached out to the attorney's assistant and she said "oh, HR should've called you about this. I'll have them talk to you". HR never called me. I never heard anything again AFTER ALREADY being offered the job. The most unprofessional experience I've ever had. A simple "hey, we can't offer you more than ____" would've been great. Inexcusable.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Weitz and Luxenberg, P.C. (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I was in contact with a staffing agency and they setup an interview with the firm. I had a total of 3 in-person interviews directly at the firm. For the first interview I met with 2 people from the department I was interviewing for and was asked normal interview questions. The 2nd interview I met with the same group and 2 other department supervisors. We discussed the role of the position and I again was asked normal interview questions about my strengths, weaknesses, goals, and experience. The 3rd interview was with HR and they gave me a tour of the building. I was offered the position after the 3rd interview. Extremely professional process and all the staff that was involved was extremely welcoming and helpful. All of my questions during the whole entire process were answered. Highly recommend.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Weitz and Luxenberg, P.C. (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Took three weeks to score interview, and never heard back from them. Meet with managing partner who told me attorney who i would be working with was not in. Never heard from them again. They must not have liked me.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Weitz and Luxenberg, P.C. (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied on Linkedin and was contacted by a recruiter on the same day who scheduled a call with me. Although the position on Linkedin was for the role of an "HR Assistant", the recruiter started describing a COMPLETELY different role. Apparently it was a "hybrid role" that they were creating that was a mix of an executive assistant and a paralegal. I was told that my qualifications matched what they needed and that he would contact me back to schedule an on-site interview but was never emailed after that day. Overall, a very shady experience, and after reading the reviews on this site, I'm glad I wasn't asked to proceed.

Interview Questions

• "What experience do you have with administrative work"   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Weitz and Luxenberg, P.C..

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy for this entry level paralegal position. They ask you about your work experience that is displayed on your resume and want to know if you can handle a high volume work load.

Interview Questions

• How many files were you responsible for during X job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Weitz and Luxenberg, P.C. (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume, employer looked it over called me and asked if I could start the next day. We agreed on a salary and began the next day. The next day I arrived was given an overview of the work to be done, given deadlines, given training manuals for the case and team assigned, photographed and placed in holding for almost 7 hours till I got a work station.

Interview Questions

• What type of experience do you have   1 Answer

Estates Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Weitz and Luxenberg, P.C. (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

They brought me in and asked me about what I was looking for and what my plans for the future were, wanted some context for stuff I had in my resume but it wasn't by any means formal

Interview Questions

• Are you capable of making a year commitment   1 Answer