Weitz and Luxenberg, P.C. Paralegal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Weitz and Luxenberg, P.C. Paralegal Interview Questions

Updated Nov 3, 2016

2.4

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Weitz and Luxenberg, P.C. (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

My firm has been partnering with Weitz & Luxenberg for years and we have guided many candidates through the interview process. The firm is selective, efficient, and professional and we have received overwhelmingly positive feedback from our candidates regarding their process. The HR/Recruiting team is among the best in the industry and always does their best to provide feedback despite a heavy volume of candidates who are not selected for hire due to their high standards.

Interview Questions

• To best manage your expectations in regards to the responsibilities of this opportunity; how would you like to see this position allow you to grow within your career based in your skills and interests?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Weitz and Luxenberg, P.C. (New York, NY).

Interview

My interview went incredibly well. I met with a guy from HR (whose name I cannot mention per Glassdoor rules) and the attorney I would be working with (who I really liked). I was even offered the job! I was very excited. We were negotiating salary and it was at this point where the guy from HR told me he would reach out to the attorney and get back to me. It is now four months later and I have never heard back from him.

During the first follow up when I asked him what was happening in terms of negotiation, he would say "yes, yes I will get back to you". During that first month I heard back twice from him, after that I never heard from him again. I was supposed to hear back within the month. Every time I called this man or emailed him he ignored my inquiries. I finally reached out to the attorney's assistant and she said "oh, HR should've called you about this. I'll have them talk to you". HR never called me. I never heard anything again AFTER ALREADY being offered the job. The most unprofessional experience I've ever had. A simple "hey, we can't offer you more than ____" would've been great. Inexcusable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Weitz and Luxenberg, P.C. (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Took three weeks to score interview, and never heard back from them. Meet with managing partner who told me attorney who i would be working with was not in. Never heard from them again. They must not have liked me.

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Weitz and Luxenberg, P.C..

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy for this entry level paralegal position. They ask you about your work experience that is displayed on your resume and want to know if you can handle a high volume work load.

Interview Questions

• How many files were you responsible for during X job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Weitz and Luxenberg, P.C. (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume, employer looked it over called me and asked if I could start the next day. We agreed on a salary and began the next day. The next day I arrived was given an overview of the work to be done, given deadlines, given training manuals for the case and team assigned, photographed and placed in holding for almost 7 hours till I got a work station.

Interview Questions

• What type of experience do you have   1 Answer

Estates Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Weitz and Luxenberg, P.C. (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

They brought me in and asked me about what I was looking for and what my plans for the future were, wanted some context for stuff I had in my resume but it wasn't by any means formal

Interview Questions

• Are you capable of making a year commitment   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Weitz and Luxenberg, P.C. (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a very quick and easy interview. They told me a bit about the role, and then asked mostly generic questions about my interest in law and their organization in particular. I felt like much of the interview consisted of them complimenting my resume, and me elaborating on my achievements.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in going to law school or another graduate program in the next few years?   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Weitz and Luxenberg, P.C..

Interview

HR was disorganized. Salary range was required on application, and at interview, I was informed it was unrealistic. Asked if I was still interested, and I said yes because my time was already wasted. Waited around for 40 mins to speak with three junior staffers

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with this low of a salary with your qualifications?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Weitz and Luxenberg, P.C. (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Met with HR and supervisor. You have a feeling as to whether you will the job when you leave the office. One on one interviews. You can meet with several people. They want you to start immediately but work with you in some cases.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience talking with people?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Weitz and Luxenberg, P.C. (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

The process was pretty simple. I applied via LinkedIn and I was called in to meet with HR they just did a basic rundown of my experience and resume. Then I met with two of the department heads and they asked me questions about my personality, experience and why I would be a good fit for the position. All of it was pretty routine. Then I was told to wait to meet with the attorney, she was a little more intimidating, but asked routine questions and I got a call that I was hired within 30 minutes of walking out of the building. The interview process was quick and painless.

Interview Questions

• I can't say there was a difficult or unexpected question, everything was routine in comparison to past interviews with other companies.   Answer Question