Welcome Wagon Community Marketing Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Welcome Wagon Community Marketing Executive Interview Questions

Updated Nov 16, 2016

1.4

Community Marketing Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Welcome Wagon.

Interview

The hiring manager on the phone was fantastic. She is the true treasure in the company. The interview with area manager is a joke. She over talks about herself and how great she was when she did the job 20 years ago. she just follow a manual.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any real substantial question from one on one interview. They company recruiter was excellent though. It was a meeting at a restaurant with said area manager, who offered no food or beverage before, during or after... even though it was lunch time.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Welcome Wagon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Villages, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Welcome Wagon (The Villages, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

Had short interview over the phone, then a local interview and was hired. Paperwork took a few weeks as they do a background check. Between my initial interview and being hired was about a month but I also had to wait til the beginning of that current month to be able to start for personal reasons.

Interview Questions

• ASked about my sales experiences   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Scarsdale, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Welcome Wagon (Scarsdale, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by an HR representative from the home office in Florida. She was very knowledgeable about the company and the job requirements. The second interview was a phone screen with the hiring manager and then we met in person. They checked my references and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• What I was looking for in a position?   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Welcome Wagon (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

The hiring process is very ambiguous because the position is straight commission and figures proposed regarding remuneration are based on "You CAN Make", which sounds very motivating.

Bottom Line: Regardless of how experienced a person is in Sales and Marketing, the first year out of pocket expense will deem greater than your commission intake. Additionally- the commission structure and payment amounts proposed have hidden meaning, due to residuals and monies due to the Marketer upon payment for closed sales.

The job candidate is motivated through the interview process to JOIN THE WAGON and GET RICH QUICK! They do not discuss the fact that you are not reimbursed for gas, mileage, or money spent on prospects through new account development, unless you sell over $16-K per/month in advertising sales.

A candidate is also not informed that they have to close at least 3 new accounts in each assigned territory upon start-up before receiving their first pay check. While attempting to sell businesses on the idea of advertising in their new homeowners discount booklet, the actual production after a lot of HARD WORK or past editions for any territory is NEVER SEEN by the CME to utilize as a marketing tool for examples of community advertisers? Welcome Wagon indicates that the they do not reveal the new homeowner discount booklet because they have to protect their previous and current advertisers through anonymity.

The candidate is told that they are "The New Community Marketing Executive" for a specified territory and Welcome Wagon is opening that area which is IN (or)closest to their place of residence. The reality is the fact that Welcome Wagon HAS been around over 85 years, and there have been MANY Marketing Executives prior to hiring the new candidate.

The job applicant is so smothered with charm through the interview with the dangle of a carrot, and is continuously flattered with compliments as an employee so they do not QUIT! The average tenure of a CME with this company is about 90 days which is when the probation period is completed, and about all the new hire can withstand or afford. Less than 1 year is the longest average of employment.

The vicious cycle continues to roll with the Wagon to capture innocent victims to sell their advertising services, while spending their time and own money only beneficial to the company. The program is also ineffective and the client retention rate is little to none, due to extremely poor results for client expansion that a Community Marketing Executive is trained to express to the business owner.

If you like the "Rah-Rah-Ray Shish-Boom-Bah", you may be perfect for this position. Otherwise, do NOT allow yourself to be flattered with kindness, taken-in by promises unkept, or swindled into making more money for this company than they've already accumulated over 85 years. This is the only reason they are STILL in business today while the program is only a huge disappointment, embarrassment, and great expense endured by the employee and new business owner.

Interview Questions

• There are no unexpected questions of the Recruiter, they do all of the talking through persuasive techniques to entice the interviewee through flattery to join their cult.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation because I believed and trusted every word promised throughout the interview, filled with positive affirmations and promises in commission.

If an employer has to sell you on their company and product, they have a difficult time in attaining employees you will be setting yourself up for disappointment.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Welcome Wagon (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Called regional manager and quick phone conversation; emailed resume as follow up; interviewed with regional manager; received call from HR dept.; received forms; offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult or unexpected. Manager interested in why I wanted to make a change and was leaving my present employer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little negotiation, only on the amount of the draw (but the total draw cap is the same-- just how you want it spread out in the dollar amount).