WellCare Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

WellCare Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

Interviews at WellCare

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at WellCare (Atlanta, GA) in May 2019.

Interview

I recieved a call from a talent acquisition representative. she was very friendly. Then had 2 subsequent interviews. They weren't difficult but they were in depth. They use the STAR format.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at WellCare (Atlanta, GA) in November 2018.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter. Recruiter told me about the position and the benefits. Told me I was going to have a one on one interview with a hiring manager. Waiting on my second interview with someone who is hiring for the position.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about your current position?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of something you're recently did in your position that was a benefit to the customer.   Answer Question
    • How did you hear about WellCare?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WellCare (Atlanta, GA) in May 2018.

Interview

Unprofessional.
    I was asked if I spoke Spanish at the beginning of the interview, which was verified, and at the end of the interview I was asked if I could be successful. Successful yes, but under that management most likely not. I wasn't asked any questions about my experience other than those two. I asked all the questions and got run around answers. I wanted to know what gave Wellcare the edge over other companies, their Network, their plans, how they compete against other companies, territories, how field reps are supported and supervised. I even asked how much their PPO was in this area (they said around 30 per month, it's 35). She was so exasperated with me she told me to look up all the plans on cms.gov and I that I could look up anybody I wanted. I was asking who are your top competitors, not challenging you. There was no reason for managment to get defensive, she was supposed to be interviewing me, instead the script flipped. I need to know who I'm working for - if I make money, you make money. In addition, it sounded like it didn't matter whether reps make goal or surpass goal, and was told it's up to me if I want to work two 35,000 jobs to make the same money. All directors want their reps to blow out their goal, that's where the real money is. It's such a shame, I was so excited to interview and come back to
    Medicare sales but as the interview progressed I was completely disappointed and balked. The base was low, but it's still free money to work with, MAPD, especially SNPs are easy sells. It sounds like they hire anyone, there is no real investment in their reps or products. I wasn't asked about my book of business, which by the way, I do have. Within an hour after the interview, I decided to call and leave a voicemail and said I'd be willing to work if they were willing to hire me. Within 15 minutes I received the formal email that they would not pursue my candidacy. I want to hit short term goals and succeed in the long term, and be proud of the company I represent. In addition, management didn't establish their own credibility with the company, just introduced themselves by names and titles.
    We were on two different wavelengths. I got the impression quantity vs quality breathed rampant here. Looks like they did me the favor.

Interview Questions

• Do you speak Spanish (very first question) and can I be successful (very last question), no questions in between.   1 Answer

WellCare Response

Jun 8, 2018

We are disappointed to hear this. If you are willing, please send an email to hrsocialmedia@wellcare.com. We would like to hear more about your experience.

Care Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at WellCare (Atlanta, GA) in January 2018.

Interview

Over the phone interview then a face to face interview. The process was very long. I applied 12/12 and learned on 2/14 that the position was given to someone else. The face to face interview was great! Very laid back and not the typical psychological interview questions. It was more of the manager selling me the company. Which wasn't necessary as I have done my research and will continue to apply to get into this organization.

Interview Questions

WellCare Response

Feb 16, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Glassdoor community. At WellCare, If you would like to share more about your experience, please feel free to email hrsocialmedia@wellcare.com.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WellCare (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

The process was smooth and seamless. The managers are really really fair and helpful. So helpful they give you advise concerning the position. The questions were quite intriguing and some were challenging.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WellCare (Atlanta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview was a panel of 2 managers and 1 Director. They asked a series of scenario questions about how I interact with people and why I want to be a Benefit Consultant

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a Benefit Consultant?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy. The position is pretty straight forward since it is a sales role

Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WellCare (Atlanta, GA) in July 2013.

Interview

Phone interview with human resources and the local hiring manager. In person interview matbe held with hiring manager. In person interviews may require driving 5 hours each way without accommodations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one of your challenges and how you over came it.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at WellCare (Atlanta, GA) in February 2011.

Interview

First their is a phone interview with a member of HR. Then you will be called in to have a series of 1:1 interviews. The interview questions were pretty standard. everyone was really friendly and took time to cover all of my questions.

Interview Questions

• You need to have a basic understanding of what a CMO does.   Answer Question
    • If applying for a claims related position, you need to be able to answer basic questions regarding claims. They may not ask directly but they will fish your knowledge and will be able to tell if your skirting   Answer Question

Negotiation

Because of my inexperience I probably didn't negotiate very well.

Network Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at WellCare (Atlanta, GA) in September 2008.

Interview

Staffing agency conducted background and drug testing. Group panel interview with department team.

Negotiation

No negotiation