WellCare Benefits Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WellCare Benefits Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at WellCare

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WellCare (Dallas, TX) in September 2019.

Interview

Smooth easy process, management team is down to earth and still professional. The first interview is a lot of information, but the second and third feel more like a real interview where they are getting to know you.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for WellCare

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at WellCare (Atlanta, GA) in May 2019.

Interview

I recieved a call from a talent acquisition representative. she was very friendly. Then had 2 subsequent interviews. They weren't difficult but they were in depth. They use the STAR format.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at WellCare (Atlanta, GA) in November 2018.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter. Recruiter told me about the position and the benefits. Told me I was going to have a one on one interview with a hiring manager. Waiting on my second interview with someone who is hiring for the position.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about your current position?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of something you're recently did in your position that was a benefit to the customer.   Answer Question
    • How did you hear about WellCare?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WellCare (Atlanta, GA) in May 2018.

Interview

Unprofessional.
    I was asked if I spoke Spanish at the beginning of the interview, which was verified, and at the end of the interview I was asked if I could be successful. Successful yes, but under that management most likely not. I wasn't asked any questions about my experience other than those two. I asked all the questions and got run around answers. I wanted to know what gave Wellcare the edge over other companies, their Network, their plans, how they compete against other companies, territories, how field reps are supported and supervised. I even asked how much their PPO was in this area (they said around 30 per month, it's 35). She was so exasperated with me she told me to look up all the plans on cms.gov and I that I could look up anybody I wanted. I was asking who are your top competitors, not challenging you. There was no reason for managment to get defensive, she was supposed to be interviewing me, instead the script flipped. I need to know who I'm working for - if I make money, you make money. In addition, it sounded like it didn't matter whether reps make goal or surpass goal, and was told it's up to me if I want to work two 35,000 jobs to make the same money. All directors want their reps to blow out their goal, that's where the real money is. It's such a shame, I was so excited to interview and come back to
    Medicare sales but as the interview progressed I was completely disappointed and balked. The base was low, but it's still free money to work with, MAPD, especially SNPs are easy sells. It sounds like they hire anyone, there is no real investment in their reps or products. I wasn't asked about my book of business, which by the way, I do have. Within an hour after the interview, I decided to call and leave a voicemail and said I'd be willing to work if they were willing to hire me. Within 15 minutes I received the formal email that they would not pursue my candidacy. I want to hit short term goals and succeed in the long term, and be proud of the company I represent. In addition, management didn't establish their own credibility with the company, just introduced themselves by names and titles.
    We were on two different wavelengths. I got the impression quantity vs quality breathed rampant here. Looks like they did me the favor.

Interview Questions

• Do you speak Spanish (very first question) and can I be successful (very last question), no questions in between.   1 Answer

WellCare Response

Jun 8, 2018

We are disappointed to hear this. If you are willing, please send an email to hrsocialmedia@wellcare.com. We would like to hear more about your experience.

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at WellCare (Brooklyn, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

worked for Wellcare since April 2011, therefore it was a simple interview with the current Brooklyn supervisor. Also was one of the top reps in the Brooklyn team for many years, so was happy to be back in Brooklyn.

Benefit Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WellCare (Lafayette, LA) in March 2015.

Interview

Very smooth, manager is very welcoming but in no time it's too much and you are convinced it's fake and she's dumb. The office is nice and roomy. But it's all about being able to Mimick someone that sells more than the required amount.

Interview Questions

• Do you enjoy working with customers and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation-all benefit consultants make the same amount of money

Benefits Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WellCare.

Interview

Interview on the phone, then received call to meet with director, then had 2 phone interviews afterwards. I have not heard back as of yet and don't know if i should call or email for an update.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WellCare (Atlanta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview was a panel of 2 managers and 1 Director. They asked a series of scenario questions about how I interact with people and why I want to be a Benefit Consultant

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a Benefit Consultant?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy. The position is pretty straight forward since it is a sales role

Benefits Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at WellCare.

Interview

The interview was not anything special. They needed help and I don't think that I could have mesed it up even if I had worn short pants and cow boy boots.

Interview Questions

• Why couldnt we reach your college to verify your transcript? Well maybe you might want to dial the correct number.   Answer Question