WellPoint Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jan 16, 2018

To filter interviews, or .
Found 13 of over 185 interviews

Employee Referral9%
2.5
HardAverageEasy

WellPoint

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WellPoint

Interview

It was easy and smooth but the entire process took two weeks. First it is a telephone interview and then they call you for in person interview. They ask you behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time when you went above and beyond to help the customer
    1 Answer

WellPoint

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at WellPoint

Interview

Interview was a manager reading from her list of questions, she was distracted, brought along a subordinate to take notes??? after the mgr left the room for a brief break, whatever that was, the girl started telling me about her life. weird

Interview Questions
  • none, expected standard textbook questions, pro's con's, talk about a time when you??those type questions, nothing you can't find on website.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at WellPoint (Midland, GA) in Jul 2013

Interview

Submitted RESUME, heard back 2 weeks, next they had me take a job-like CHAT online test and next day I was scheduled for Phone Interview. Next morning contacted by HR (no email as I was told, no waiting 7 days as I was told) and the Phone Interview/screener is actually a screener from another Company who goes thru the motions on questions about the position. Tells you that this job pays $14.02 per hour, no more, no less, will you accept that. Kind of a robot, but you get an immediate survey on how the phone interviewer treated you. Talk about over doing it, anyways, I was granted an onsite interview the next day and given a choice of immediately the next morning, or the morning after that. Upon practically being told I had the job, they decided to change the job description to BILINGUAL. They did continue to send me other job opportunities from the Talent Acquisition Team. - Protocol very professional, but the TEAM doesn't know what their doing as far as needs based on OBAMACARE in California I believe. Facility is very nice, manager that interviewed me very nice as well. His hands are tied as to the constant changes, but the job required only 1-2 years experience in CSR, I had over 25 and felt I was over-qualified, but the BENEFITS are to die for at WELLPOINT, that makes it all worth it.

Interview Questions
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Newbury Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WellPoint (Newbury Park, CA) in May 2013

Interview

I applied online and shortly after was sent a link for a test. They were not difficult. The next day I was sent a link to pick a phone interview time. A man called and the interview lasted 30 min. The first questions were pre-lim questions and the last three were scenario. Within a few hours I was asked to schedule an in person interview.

Interview Questions
  • None...they were all standard. Ex..Tell me a time when you went beyond your duty to calm a customer.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WellPoint (Denver, CO) in Jul 2012

Interview

First was a phone interview from a recruiter. Second was another phone interview with some scenario questions. The last step was an interview at the office location.

Interview Questions
  • Was given a scenario that related to an emergency, scared me a bit but got through the question fine.

Anonymous Employee in Fond du Lac, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at WellPoint (Fond du Lac, WI) in Jul 2012

Interview

Hiring process involves a recruiter

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at WellPoint (Atlanta, GA) in Feb 2012

Interview

interview with human resource manager and then a second interview with the department manager.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at WellPoint (Melville, NY) in Dec 2011

Interview

was already an employee there . You submit your application and then have a phone interview, which is then followed up by a group interview. They do an extensive background check and then you ethier get an orfer or not. The whole process took about a month for me. The interview was semi difficult. Lots of what would you do questions./

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WellPoint (Richmond, VA) in Nov 2011

Interview

I applied for a couple of positions, including Customer Service Representative and Administrative Assistant. I meet all the qualifications for both positions, although the CSR position did not pay as much as I would have liked, it is better than most at $14.00 an hour to start. I applied online. During the online application I was directed to a test site to take a sort of general customer service test - it asked questions like how when is it ok to bend the rules (never), what would you do if another employee was stealing from the company (report it) and how would you handle an angry customer (offer all accomodations the company policy allows, and if customer still not satisfied, refer them to my supervisor). Apparently these were the correct answers because I received an email within 2 days asking me to pick a time for a telephone interview. A couple of days later I took the telephone interview - I was asked questions about my work experience and skills (data entry, handling telephone calls, MS Offfice programs). The interviewer seemed enthusiastic and set up an in-person interview for the next week. The in-person interview consisted of 2 people in a conference room. They were polite, but did not seem as enthusiastic as they were on the telephone. I got the impression they were expecting someone younger, however my experience should have made my age (over 50) pretty obvious. (On the advise of my current employment agency, I have cut the first 15 years of my work history from my resume). They asked me most of the same questions I was asked over the telephone, the gave me a short written test similar to the one I took online and thanked me for coming. They did not ask if I had any questions or bother to tell me much about the position. I think they pretty much made up their minds as soon as they met me. About a month later I got a rejection e-mail. A few weeks later I signed with a local employment agency, they were trying to fill the same position at Wellpoint and said they were going to submit my information - they also thought my skills were exactly what Wellpoint was looking for - but I was again rejected. My background is clean & my previous employer says that she has responded positively to all imquiries. Overall, I thought the interview process was easy, but it may be that I was given a "cursory" version. I thought I was pretty nice, but maybe they just did not like me.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if you discovered a co-worker was stealing from the company?
  • How ofter is it ok to be late to work?
8 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at WellPoint (Thousand Oaks, CA) in Oct 2011

Interview

all online. just a series of online question and answer. Outside company does all the hiring.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 13 Interviews