WellPoint Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WellPoint Interview Questions

2.7

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WellPoint (Columbus, GA) in May 2009.

Interview

Typical process of applying online, resume submission etc. However,since I have worked at WellPoint before my resume was pulled and eventually interviewed.

Interview Questions

• The interview itself lasted 2/12 hours and the most difficult question was billing related to their systesms. Not past experience on billing tasks.   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Project Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at WellPoint in March 2009.

Interview

complex, multi tier, took a long time

Negotiation

didnt negotiate

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at WellPoint in December 2008.

Interview

I was emailed an exam to take online,then called for a phone interview,then called in for a one on one.The reviewer was pleasant but called me by the wrong name a few times.My overall feeling is that Wellpoint probably hires a ton of people and it is kind of like an assembly line.

Interview Questions

• Your previous employer promoted you many times and gave you a great reference.Why don't you still work there?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.An offer is made and it is" take it or leave it".

Business Improvement Group Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at WellPoint (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

2 rounds of behavioral interview with peer level interviewers followed by a Case interview. Be sure to understand the current trends in the market, consider people, process and technology aspects of any case challenge. Leave time for questions. Don't pretend to be an expert, but rather demonstrate your ability to thing critically about the challenge or opportunity at hand, formulating poignant questions.

Developer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WellPoint (Virginia Beach, VA) in July 2012.

Interview

A phone interview that was mostly a screening for technical skills in SSIS, SSRS and SQL, followed by an in-depth interview from the hiring manager and the team. Everyone on the team I'd be joining had the chance to ask questions, and I think after the technical screening the group interview was more about how well I'd fit in the team. They were clear about expectations, such as wanting me to identify and help improve process bottlenecks. When I got the job, however, they were more interested in my heads-down productivity. They explained it was not a 40-hours and home job, but what started as occasional extra work became a norm of being available at any time even when on vacation, and of routinely working well over 40 hours a week.

Interview Questions

• The questions were more at a design philosophy level rather than specific technical questions, and I cannot recall any "stumpers."   1 Answer

Negotiation

My recruiter did that for me. The offer was generous and included reloaction costs.

Member Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WellPoint in August 2014.

Interview

Applied for the job on a Wednesday, received a call to schedule an interview on Thursday for the following Monday. My interview was Monday at 3pm however I received an email Monday at 11:30am stating that I wasn't selected to move forward as a final candidate. It made me feel the company was unorganized. The interview wasn't conventional at all, it was all over the place and I felt it didn't cover my experience or who I was as a person.

Interview Questions

• I have 8 balls all the same color and size one is a grain of salt heavier. Using a balancing scale and only two opportunities to figure out which is the heaviest; how would you figure it out.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WellPoint.

Interview

Interview, Case Study, and formal HR offer.

Actuarial Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mason, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WellPoint (Mason, OH) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online, HR Phone interview about a week later. Then an actuarial manager interview arranged about 2 days from the HR interivew

Learning Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at WellPoint (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The hiring process was pretty lengthy for this position. It took approximately two months for anyone to contact me after I had submitted my resume.

The initial interview was with 4 people on the phone, director and 3 people currently in the role. It wasn't that difficult.

The second round was presenting a case study to an additional 5 people on the phone.

In my opinion, it should not take almost 4 months to go through the interview process, then never follow up with the candidate.

Interview Questions

• Had to complete and present a case study on providing a learning solution strategy and the methodologies that should be used.   Answer Question

Health Outreach Specialist Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at WellPoint (Denver, CO).

Interview

The panel interview is a behavioral interview. You should know the core values of the company, and be able to think of incidents in your past where you demonstrated the core values. You should demonstrate an eagerness to be part of the company and be excited about the business. When they ask you if you have any questions, have some prepared. The questions should be about the business, how it works, and about opportunities to move up in the company.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember specific questions. The question about core values would have tripped me up because I didn't have it memorized, but someone clued me before the interview, so I wrote them down.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not feel a need to negotiate. I felt that my manager at the time made a fair offer.