WellPoint Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WellPoint Interview Questions

2.7

Utilization Review, Rm Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WellPoint (Virginia Beach, VA) in December 2014.

Interview

I have an interview tomorrow with WellPoint for the UR position. I'm kin of nervous since I intentionally interviewed for a case management position, but they had a hiring freeze.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

56-60k

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WellPoint in December 2014.

Interview

After applying, they emailed an assessment that contained three parts. After that assessment, an email arrived to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was an operator asking detailed questions about yourself, salary expectations, previous employment, etc. After, another email was received to schedule a panel interview. Upon panel interview, employment offer was given.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your previous job?   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Low pay for my experience and education.

Outreach Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at WellPoint (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Met with the hiring manager who was friendly and very personable, made me feel comfortable from the very beginning which made the process less stressful. I was asked basic questions about my experience and industry knowledge as well as software applications. Was also given hypothetical scenarios to see how I deal with coworkers/members. Met with a 2nd person immediately and read a paragraph in Spanish, answered more hypotheticals.

Medical Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WellPoint (Manchester, NH) in November 2014.

Interview

Initial contact was for telephone interview. Interview was friendly and non- confrontational. Primary interest was specific medical background and board certification, and level of interest in the position. General description of the position also covered, but details not known.

Interview Questions

• Are you board certified by ABMS?
      What license's do you currently have?
      Would you have any trouble obtaining another state license?
      Are you interested in specific attributes of this job?
      Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Interview

on campus recruiting. Half an hour interview with a very nice and easy going interviewer. Asking about strengths and weaknesses, why i want to work for them and why i want to enter the industry. Tell them about team play and leadership experiences.

Customer Care Representative I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WellPoint (Middletown, NY).

Interview

1st online skills test , 2nd phone interview with person who sounds like there from Pakistan, very hard to understand 3rd in person interview with average questions I thought interview went well but I didn't receive an offer

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your boss told you do something that you disagreed with or knew was wrong?   Answer Question

Customer Care Representative I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WellPoint (Nashville, TN) in October 2014.

Interview

There was a phone interview with mostly coming from the same questions on the application. Then I was told I would receive another call for an interview. I went to that interview and was told it would be another week before a decision was made. The next step would be for the hiring manager to send my information to a recruiter. I wasn't told if there would be another interview after that.

Actuarial Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WellPoint (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

Applied online, was contacted by the hiring manager to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was a quick 10 minute screening to make sure I'm interested in the job and that my general qualifications were legitimate, and it quickly translated into an on-site interview about a week later.

The on-site was nearly a full-day interview - 6 credentialed actuaries, 45 minutes each. I don't think there was anything unexpected, and felt most of the interviews were very casual and nice; in the spare time, I was able to talk about some personal things which made me feel more comfortable overall. Be prepared to talk about your previous experience as they will want to know how much of it is relevant to the current position. I was asked a couple of riddles, but it was more of a way to see how you think, rather than being pressed for getting it right.

Two weeks after the interview, I was extended an offer. I was also given a very accurate timeline when I followed up a week after the interview, which I appreciated and respected very much.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation - the compensation was very competitive for my level.

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at WellPoint in October 2014.

Interview

Met WellPoint at an university career fair. Got invited to a first round interview. Thought everything went well, recruiter seemed friendly. Biggest thing that the recruiter pointed out was the lack of exams (only had 1). Having more is almost essential to getting any sort of interview. That's probably what dinged me, GPA and leadership experience were solid.

Health Care Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WellPoint.

Interview

The manger that interviewed me was very upfront about this position.. She gave the pros and cons of this position. I appreciated the honest answers to my my questions about this positions. I was told to think about this role and to email her back in a couple of days about my interest in this role.