WellPoint Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WellPoint Interview Questions

2.7

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WellPoint.

Interview

The first contact was by the recruiter stating my resume was forwarded to the hiring manager. The hiring manager contacted me fairly quickly a few days later to set up a formal interview. I arrived at the location on time and had to check in at the security desk. The interview process went well with only the hiring manager and lasted about 1 hour. The manager was very nice and pleasant. The questions were very straightforward with no surprises. Overall, the experience more than met my expectations.

Interview Questions

• The questions were Project related questions. Tell me about a project you were working on with a difficult experience and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Consumer Advocate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WellPoint in September 2014.

Interview

I filled out an app online and received an email right away for an assessment, then another one once the first one was completed. Received an email for an interview, then a week later received an email to complete an app through Hireview. Received a call about two days later with an offer.

Customer Service III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WellPoint (Tampa, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

First I filled out the online application. Then was sent a email to take an assessment. A week later I was sent an email to come in for an interview. I though the interview went fine. I tried my best to nail it. The interviewer was very young and didn't ask many questions, just the five that was on the paper in front of her. We seemed to have a connection, but two days later they sent me an email denying me a position.

Interview Questions

• What are strenghts...Give an example of a time you went above and beyond. The normal interview scenario questions.   Answer Question

Strategic Sourcing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at WellPoint in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received an invitation to attend a networking dinner, which consisted of sitting at a table with 3-4 other students while the employees moved around for 10 minute sessions at each table. Currently in the interview process.
    Back to back interview with a behavioral interview followed by a case interview.

Vice President Clinical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WellPoint (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied as a Sr Tech Business Manager online. When on the phone call, the interviewer told me I was overqualified for that, and asked to interview me for complex VP position instead.

As such, I was not very prepared other than hearing a short list of what I could be doing and then asking my opinion of the job. The duties sounded challenging and exciting and we discussed the workload for a brief period. We only had scheduled half an hour for all this, so I answered succinctly and when our time was up I was able to get 2 questions in before she had to ring off. She seemed very engaging and said I seemed well-equipped for the position.

After our talk I expected a full job description and more questions/interview to follow then, as the position was complex and we could not cover everything in half an hour. Instead there was ZERO communication. As I was offered a very similar job by a larger firm the following month, I cannot say it was my inexperience nor my interviewing skills.

Her secretary was fairly inept at answering the simplest of questions (what is the job number?) or writing email without typos so maybe that was an indicator early on. Further direct inquiry on the position with this manager by email (three times) resulted in no response. This is not professional and I'm glad I did not proceed further if this is how a company attempts to hire people for important positions.

Interview

Interviewed and Hired over the phone with multiple people through out the country. Some of the interviews were groups of leaders that were wanting to see if I had what they needed. It was interesting in that I could not see them or facial reactions and had to go by tone of voice. Once I accepted it then took awhile to get all the paper work completed for the company the use called "Right Hire" - I was on vacation trying to complete everything they wanted. Did accomplish getting it done and hired while I was on vacation.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult was trying to understand they were wanting to put in a new program in my market and wanted someone with start up experience. Once I understood what they were looking for ite went very smoothly.   Answer Question

Claims Representative (Health/Dental) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at WellPoint (Middletown, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

intially i submitted my application online. The following day i received an email saying my application was aknowledged (as expected). The next day i received another email ( much to my suprise because i have heard wellpoint takes FOREVER to go through the hiring process) this email was asking me to take a comouterized assesment of my skills ( simple questions, nothing too draining). MUCH to my suprise i recieved ANOTHER email the following day stating that wellpoint has authorized me to complete the "hireRight employment application". That very same day i was asked to schedule my phone interview which is currently scheduled for this wednesday. - this is just a little insight on the hiring process. i know i havent found much on wellpoint yet, so this should put some of you at ease knowing what others have gone through thus far. i clicked no i did not get the offer becaquse i have yet to recieve even my interview.

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at WellPoint (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2014.

Interview

The manager called me directly. I never had to deal with a recruiter screen. We had a pleasant conversation and talked about my skills and the role. I had an interview with a member of her team the following day. This interview was more technical and related to my specific skills. An offer was extended within a few days and was exactly what I wanted. The whole process was very pleasant.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult questions. They asked specific questions about my skills and experience and I gave honest answers. They did not ask behavioral or personality questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

An offer was extended. I tried to negotiate, but was told the offer was already above market standards and was fair. That was very true, but it was still worth a shot. Wp pays extremely fair rates.

Customer Care Representative III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worthington, OH

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at WellPoint (Worthington, OH) in August 2014.

Interview

Very easy. Applied online, received link to take assessments. Once passed, an on-site interview was scheduled. Description of position, compensation, and benefits during interview, easy questions. Received call back with offer after two weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None. Schedule is set and pay is based off experience.

Member Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WellPoint in August 2014.

Interview

Applied for the job on a Wednesday, received a call to schedule an interview on Thursday for the following Monday. My interview was Monday at 3pm however I received an email Monday at 11:30am stating that I wasn't selected to move forward as a final candidate. It made me feel the company was unorganized. The interview wasn't conventional at all, it was all over the place and I felt it didn't cover my experience or who I was as a person.

Interview Questions

• I have 8 balls all the same color and size one is a grain of salt heavier. Using a balancing scale and only two opportunities to figure out which is the heaviest; how would you figure it out.   1 Answer