WellPoint Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WellPoint Interview Questions

2.7

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at WellPoint (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received an email to set up a phone interview a week later. Phone screen was basic behavioral questions and that was followed up with an invitation for an onsite interview. Met with the hiring manager for the department the opening was for as well as actuaries from other departments. Behavioral questions and basic chitchat I guess to see if you are personable. The interview ended with a case study.

Interview Questions

• The case study was definitely challenging. Makes you really think about what an actuary does and how to help companies hedge and manage risks. Didn't get the job but I learned a lot.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WellPoint.

Interview

It was an interesting interview process. It involved several rounds with several different people. From what I've heard there isn't necessarily a standard format between teams on how interviewing works.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WellPoint in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received email from hiring manager a few weeks later. Interview took over 1 hour and also interviewed with another team member. Interview process was pleasant, wanted to get to know me as a person and gave a lot of insight to position, more than trying to grill me on my skills (had knowledge of my kills in resume), so it was a great, non-rigourous experience. Contact with HR until offer was presented. Background check was fast, took 4 days and HR very professional and pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Make sure to provide real world examples of your work experience.
      Since it was phone interview, I created flash cards so I could quickly highlight accomplishments so conversation flows and in case I got nervous and forgot.
      Have previous employment dates, graduation dates, pay rate (yes, they even check pay rate, although most past employers don't provide that info but some do) readily accessible for background check.
      The most difficult part was waiting for the final decision, it took about 14 days so be patient and don't stress out (like I did).
      Overall, possibly the best interview experience I've ever had.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer and incentive were fair, no need to negotiate.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WellPoint in July 2014.

Interview

I had originally applied for a lower-paying customer service role in Colorado. After you apply, you receive an email for a computer assessment. (within 2-3 days after applying) I passed the assessment and received an email to setup a phone interview with a recruiter. If you pass that, you receive an email if you'll be contacted. I was contacted by the hiring manager. During my interview with her, she recommended a position in Indianapolis that also paid 7 dollars more per hour. I had to do an assessment, and after completing the assessment I was pretty much guaranteed the job. I start on August 18th!

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you realized you had made a mistake, what you did that fixed it, and what you learned for the next time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was so happy with the process, I did not want to attempt to gain more money. Can't be too greedy!

Media Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at WellPoint in July 2014.

Interview

Wellpoint was very quick to respond to my resume submission online. Had one phone interview with hiring manager, followed by an in person interview with a VP, and then another phone interview with employee. The process spanned about 3 months and the communication was horrendous. I was actually in shock at how unorganized the process was and the lack of communication for a position that was within the communications department at Wellpoint. This did not reflect well on the company or department. There wasn't any HR interaction and there was no follow up regarding their decision. I only found out after I tried contacting the hiring manager multiple times for follow-up and next steps. Shortly after, I received the generic "sorry, you were not selected for the position" email with no feedback.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult but I found it strangely odd that I was asked "Why work for a health insurance company that is generally boring?" This also did not reflect well on the people.   1 Answer

Case Manager (RN) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WellPoint in July 2014.

Interview

The process took 3 weeks. Submitted application online. A few days later I received a phone call from a manager asking when it was convenient for me to interview. After a day or so of phone tag, we agreed upon a date and time. An email came later that said prior to the meet I would get an email with the phone number and further instructions.

The email came 30 minutes prior to the meeting giving me a number to call and also wanted me to prepare a short presentation. The interview went fair. It felt like the decision was made prior to getting me on the phone.

I was told I would hear back in two weeks.
    Six weeks later I got an email from HR telling me I did not get the job and told me that they would keep my resume on file and that I was welcome to look for other opportunities in the company.

Obviously I knew I did not get the job, but was curious why I was sent the email, so I checked the job portal and found they had posted the job again.
    I did not bother applying a second time.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Typical scenario type of questions.   Answer Question

Customer Care Representative I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at WellPoint (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

I was called in to do a face to face with business manger and operational expert. They were very friendly and easy and made sure I was very comfortable during the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would handle a stress called?   1 Answer

Appeals and Grievance Representative I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WellPoint (Mason, OH).

Interview

There will be 3-4 people in the room to interview you. Interview was pretty easy but be prepared to write a paragraph. They want to see your writing skills and whether you have good grammar. Overall the hiring process was very professional.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiate for a higher salary the job can be very demanding when it comes to overtime.

Customer Care Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WellPoint (Virginia Beach, VA) in June 2014.

Interview

hiring process seem quite simple one one on one interview with the company phone interview phone enactment. know how you east easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at WellPoint (Richmond, VA) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online and a week after I applied, I checked the status of my application. It stated "Hiring Manager Review". I received a call two days later stating that they wanted to do a phone screening first because they had a lot of people apply. I performed the phone screening one week later, and it consisted of the hiring manger and an employee that performs the job. They stated they would inform people of the decision to move on to the interview that Friday. I received a call, and was informed that I was selected to move forward with the in house interview, but they needed me to come that Monday. I went to the interview that Monday, and it was panel style. It was a general behavioral question interview. I felt at ease, and everyone on the panel was very nice. I however, received a call one week later stating that I was not chosen for the position, but that the manager was very impressed with me, and wanted to recommend me for another administrative assistant position for their department, but it was in another state. I declined because I was not looking to relocate. It was a kind gesture that I did appreciate, nonetheless.

Interview Questions

• Did any of your former co-workers find you unapproachable?   Answer Question