WellStar Health System Registered Nurse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WellStar Health System Registered Nurse Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2017

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Lagrange, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at WellStar Health System (Lagrange, GA).

Interview

I applied online several times and was contacted about a month later by phone. I was asked to come in for a interview scheduled approx. a month after that with management. After this I had a peer interview with nurses who already worked in the particular unit I had applied for. I was contacted by phone about a week later and sent an official offer letter shortly after.

Interview Questions

• 3 best and 3 worst qualities. a time you showed leadership. most difficult decision you have ever had to make.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation. they have set rates for your experience and your experience within the company.

Other Interview Reviews for WellStar Health System

Anonymous Employee in Cobb, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at WellStar Health System (Cobb, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

The waiting game was definitely the hardest part. It took a while for HR to pull my application. Once I was called to interview it was a round table interview with several nurses that work on the floor. We met in an open room on the floor and discussed several patient/staff scenarios.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if there was confrontation with another employee?   Answer Question
    • I was given several different types of patient scenarios and was instructed to tell them what I should expect for orders.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There's not much room for negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at WellStar Health System (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Met with nurse managers and was asked to describe experiences as a nurse using the STAR approach. Was asked about my work history and my goals for the future. Interview lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had a conflict with coworker?
      Tell us a time you made a difference in the life of a patient?
      What does being a nurse mean to you?
      Tell us about a time you made a mistake?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at WellStar Health System.

Interview

I was interviewed by a group of nurses. Intimidating to me.Second time on another unit. The manager who interviewed me was not the one who became the unit manager. That upset me.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last position? I could have asked what happened to the manager who hired me?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Reasonable except I don't think I was paid what my educational level called for.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WellStar Health System.

Interview

Received call with interview invitation email to follow. Went to live interview. Roundtable with multiple managers/educators. Received job offer the following day via phone, with email to follow.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WellStar Health System.

Interview

Pretty straightforward..did a mini-phone interview with HR, then got a call back for a face to cafe. Met with HR and then the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• It wasn't a difficult interview at all, pretty standard "why do you want to work here", "tell me about your career" type questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

They have a pay scale based on years of experience, if I could do it over, I would have asked for more

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WellStar Health System (Marietta, GA) in February 2010.

Interview

The hiring manager was very personable and took an interest in my story. She asked questions and probed but also provided information about herself. She was candid and asked direct questions. As nursing interviews go, this one was about as straightforward as is typical of the profession. The recruiter
    wants to understand that your skill sets will match up with the unit you are assigned.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were tricky or out of the ordinary. The recruiter did want to know how I would adapt to a float pool position, as it requires flexibility and a willingness to work in many different environments within the hospital.   Answer Question