Wells Fargo Administrative Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Dec 14, 2016

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

Apply online. After a few days I received an email to schedule a phone interview with a recruiter. This person was not friendly at all. It was like I spoke with a robot.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience in each duty listed in the job description.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

It was very easy. I was interviewed by 4 people during a few days. Everybody was very nice. They asked me about my personal interests, how organized I am in real life, how good I am in Microsoft Excel, Do I like their office environment. I got the offer in a week.

Interview Questions

• How you previous experience related to the job duties of this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2015.

Interview

Initial one-site - one-on-one with hiring manager basic interview with questions about work history, general STAR - situation/task,/action/result questions;
    Follow-up phone interview with regional coordinator, for basic get to know you conversation;

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were in a role requiring you to adapt to a new product, procedure or technology?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

I received a call from the Wells Fargo Recruiter and then had a telephone interview. He then set up a face to face. Wells Fargo got back to me shortly thereafter.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Wells Fargo is a very good company to work for. I interviewed with several different recruiters and was impressed with their responsiveness.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the normal questions. None were behavioral based interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you are a former employee and come back to Wells Fargo, they no longer acknolwedge prior years of service. I was gone only 7 months and lost 10 years of service, which was unfortunate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Bellevue, WA) in September 2013.

Interview

Had phone interview with recruiter then hiring manager. Recruiter was very nice and helpful in the process. Never met with recruiter since she was out of state. Turn around time to set up one on one interview with hiring manager was quick, within 2 days.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for this company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2011.

Interview

For all positions first you get the phone call. They ask you about your background and just chat a bit, then the questions start. First they ask about how you handled a difficult situation and who you working with. Next question is what is your organizational style. Next how do you handle tasks. Tasks are normally things you need to get done in a set time frame or due date. They are looking for how you get things done and your efficiency level. Next they ask how you handle difficult people. They are looking for someone who will listen, come up a solution and follow through to resolve the issue. Next they'll ask how do you stay organized. Here's a good time to throw in your Calendar, Outlook, whatever buzz words you can think of. After you come thru this phone call they will set up the one-on-one meeting. This could be with the recruiter or the Manager and their team. You'll meet a bunch of people to see how you interact with the group and fit in.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay organized?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Beverly Hills, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

Contacted Operations Manager for opening position. They were having trouble finding a qualified candidate, and since I had previously worked for the company and knew some of the people, it was easy for me to re-enter work environment.

Negotiation

I was able to get a salary towards the top range for the job.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2012.

Interview

Most interviews here start with a recruiter screen, then if they like you they will talk about the next steps in the process. They will let you know when to expect a follow-up, normally each stage of the process takes one week. One situation the phone screen to the offer letter went from July to December.The key thing is to be specific with your responses with HR. Next step usually involves interviews with team members than finally the hiring manager. Some managers have very specific ideas about what they want it's your job to figure out what that is. Sometimes the person you think you are working for doesn't need you and hired you for another lesser manager on the team. They don't do direct hires with some titles you have to work as a consultant first. It helps to have a contact that can refer you to what agency they use or can refer you to someone who can mentor your career. Apply for any position across the nation, if they like you they will let you train locally and work remotely. Pay close attention to payscale zones, what you think you salary is and what it is can be in reality varies from division to office location.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2010.

Interview

Interview lasted approx 1 hr; questions were based on prior work experience and why I think I would be good at sales
    everything that I was told in interview is exactly how it is at work. Bonus structure was also laid out. Manager who interviewed did a great job