Wells Fargo Interview Questions in Alaska | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 23, 2017

2.9

Personal Banker I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Anchorage, AK).

Interview

Felt like interview questions had nothing to do with the job but they focused too much on me and felt typecast. When I knew I could do the job and have banking and customer service experience

Interview Questions

• What would my old boss day about me?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Juneau, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Juneau, AK) in April 2014.

Interview

Interviews at Wells Fargo belong to the most difficult interviews in the United States. Job applicants are tested with a set of screening, technical, and behavioral questions. A cherry on a cake, role-play, waits for everyone at the end of their interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an irate customer? How did you deal with them in the past?   1 Answer
    • How did you hear about this job?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at Wells Fargo?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Eagle River, AK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Eagle River, AK) in July 2013.

Interview

Coordinated, they kept in touch with me and expected what they wanted to hear about my skills. Skills emphasis was in sales and service. They want to see someone who can make goals and work with a team to acheive them. Be sure to use the key words in the application. If you have sales numbers or qauntified improvement stats that really makes you stand out. Started with a group interview, then two one on one interviews.

Interview Questions

• What will make you the best choice for the bank, why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negoitate, when I heard what they offered me I referenced my experience in customer service and asked for a raise, which they complied with.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Anchorage, AK) in January 2013.

Interview

They ask you about your sales experience. It's a pretty straightforward conversational interview. They just want to see your personality and whether you know how to connect with people.

Personal Banker I (SAFE) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Juneau, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Juneau, AK) in December 2012.

Interview

The interview process was friendly. I have transferred with the company to different locations with the same job three times, and have experienced interviews each time.

Upon applying online, you have to take a personality test. Then they message you, if selected, and set up a phone interview time. Wells Fargo is required to go through a preapproved set of questions. These questions are the standard "why do you want this job, tell me about your experiences that prepared you for this job, and what is your greatest strength or weakness" variety. If you pass through that portion, they then have an in person interview (unless you are not in state and planning on moving there, in which case it would be over the phone) interview with the manager. They never let you know initially if you received the position, as they have to review the other applicants. Whether selected or not at that point, you generally receive a call within about a week.

The entire process is a bit lengthy. They definitely take their time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me an example of a customer experience you are proud of. What could you have done better?

What is your greatest strength? And greatest opportunity for improvement?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Anchorage, AK) in February 2011.

Interview

First I had to endure a group interview which was totally terrible-very competitive and intimidating. Especially terrible since I ended up working with one of the other people that interviewed and then I had to remember how competitive things were every day. After the first initial group interview (which was at a WF headquarters) I had a second interview with the two managers who worked at the Wells Fargo I was going to be working at. That was way more relaxed and I felt like it went well.
    I received a call from one of the mangers telling me they had chose the other candidate who had interviewed and I was really disappointed. I reapplied for another teller position at a different location. I was brought in for another interview, this time back at the headquarters and was hired on the spot by the lady who had held the group interview. Strangely enough it ended up not working out with the other candidate who got the teller position at my first choice and so I ended up replacing her at the original location.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle being short $50 in your drawer at the end of your shift.   1 Answer

Personal Banker I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Anchorage, AK) in August 2009.

Interview

I was told I would be hired on as an Assistant Store Manager. They did not give this to me in writing. OW. I started out with a phone interview, then was moved on to a group interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no salary negotiation but I would suggest asking.