Wells Fargo Interview Questions in Austin, TX | Glassdoor

2.7

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Securities Ops Service Spec I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Austin, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

I got a call for an interview about a week and a half after applying. The actual interview was very easy going. There were two interviewers and they both had a set of questions that they had to choose from. I was asked around 3-4 situational questions. The first half of the interview, the interviewers talked about the position, then the questions followed.

Interview Questions

• When have you had to overcome obstacles that prevented you from meeting your goals?   Answer Question

Lead Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Austin, TX).

Interview

They look for experience. If it is your first role in banking, rely on past customer experience you have had. The value customer satisfaction highly. It is what is more important as they go through the interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when a customer was upset and you helped resolve the situation?   Answer Question

Collector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview was a panel interview with supervisors and managers. They asked general questions about myself (hobbies, personal life, back ground) and gave scenarios and asked me to explain how I would handle them.

Interview Questions

• This is a customer service roll dealing with upset customers,Can you handle high stress, upset customers in stressful situations.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Strait forward

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Very laid back. It's a group interview where the interviewer ask a question from each person. There are 2 interviewers, one will be asking the question and the other will be recording. They are upper managers at the bank. It's quite easy and they just want to get to know you.

Real Estate Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Austin, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I met them at the career fair and Did an interview through the university. They emailed us back with a time of the interview on campus. They were quick to get back to me with an interview within days of the career fair

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?

Describe the 3 financial statement to me as if I was a 5 year old.   Answer Question

Mortgage Loan Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Austin, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Panel interview with the sales team, the processing manager, and other area managers. They asked, specifically, how the interviewee has previously dealt with high volume demands and any conflicts that arise from trying to meet a large and continuously growing number of tasks. The loan processor deals with nearly every aspect of the loan (loan structure, interest rates and APR's, disclosures, underwriting policy, customer service, and continually resetting expectations).

Interview Questions

• How have you previously resolved a serious customer conflict?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Marcos, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Group interview after a basic phone interview where you talk about sales experience. Group interview consisted of role play and and obvious emphasis on customer service.

Interview Questions

• All q's were very general and with sufficient preparation you shouldn't have a problem. Customer service and sales is key.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non negotiable.

Personal Banker I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Austin, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

At a table with 6 or 7 people. Given questions and went around the room with "tell me a time when..."
    Most people were in their 20's. Quick witted candidates. Three people completed the interview process, and even the interviewees were stressed and over-worked. No bueno...

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you demonstrated exemplary customer service...   1 Answer

Negotiation

Back and forth on the telephone. They offered, I asked for a few more k. They increased half way.

The training process was very quick and the teacher talks to you while u look at computers. Training was overwhelming if you haven't already been a banker, or you are the more creative type who would have done well, given more time to learn the job.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Austin, TX).

Interview

Group interview (I hear they are not done anymore). 12 people. One guy from the same company I was from was in my interview. It worked well we were able to play off each other and basically give 2 answers for every question. (one me and one him). Interview the person next to you and then present them to the group.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really, one of the interviewers gave us the best tip. "Be friendly and personable. We can teach you banking if you are relateable"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much, This is the offer.

Personal Banker I (SAFE) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Austin, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied online. Had to take an online assesment BEFORE being able to schedule an interview. Once the assesment was complete it automatically schedules your interview. Interview is with a group of other candidates at teh same time. Usually with the recruiter and possibly one hiring manager. Questions are asked to the group and every individual has an opportunity to answer with a certain time period. At the end you are either asked to stay behind for additional questions or the interview is concluded after about an hour. the ones that usually are asked to stay behind are the ones that usually get the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe atime when you had to go above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Asked what salary was expected. Counter offered and accepted.