Wells Fargo Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo Banker Interview Questions

Updated Dec 11, 2016

2.6

Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in September 2014.

Interview

standard interview questions most large companies ask. usually interviewed by 2 different managers and both are taking notes. feedback from interview takes some time to get results as to whether or not you got the job. if you are denied job can take even longer to hear anything back from the company

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how did you resolve that?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Banker Interview

Interview

I went on one interview in transition from wachovia to wells fargo. The interview was a joke and I was called and offered the job on my way home which 25 minutes away at the time. I believe I had interviewed with the district manager as well as a branch manager of some sort.

Interview Questions

• Asked me if I was low on my lending goal for the month and only had a week to go what would I do.   Answer Question

Negotiation

If the recruiter tells you this is the offer and I can't negotiate it. Tell her to call the person who can negotiate it tell them what I said then call me back and tell me what they said. Repeat as necessary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Encino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Encino, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

The interviewer will make you watch this long outdated VHS tape. You have no choice but sit down there and watch it. It's usually a group interview. One question after the other which every member of the group must answer. When you go interview for other positions, it's usually the same VHS tape to watch. They call you for interview but never hire you for the position. One HR staff doing the interview told the truth about the company that people do not stay long enough with the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me one time you went out of your way to help a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Cerrito, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (El Cerrito, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Not difficult much at all. Definitely can prepare by going preparing areas of your own personal strengths and weaknesses. How can you excel in the workplace, how are you with customer service, etc.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Houston, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

Phone interview, then at a branch with a manager, then they send you to your actual branch. I actually interviewed with a separate branch manager at a different branch then after getting the offer I was sent to my branch so I never actually interviewed with my boss which i found interesting.

Interview Questions

• Customer service related questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Greenville, SC) in June 2012.

Interview

the process included several intrerviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there as no negotiation phase

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Salem, OR) in January 2012.

Interview

Emailed reply to ad, they emailed response, I emailed back, they called, did phone interview, went in for 1:1 interview, then brief phone interview 2 days later. Was just background check and email forms & paperwork after that.

Interview was easy. They did actually read my resume first, which some employers don't do. They were looking to hire me when I walked in. I don't know if they do that with everyone, or if I just resume'd/phone interviewed well. I've been to other interviews where they're trying to weed people out, rather than get people in, and those weren't nearly as much fun.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

As it was presented to me, "This position pays $xx.xx/hr." No real room to negotiate. Don't know if a better negotiator could have done better than I there, or if that's just how it goes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Denver, CO) in January 2011.

Interview

First you have to apply online, if you pass the test they will give you a 1-800 number to call, then you will be asked some questions about sales and customer service experience, if you pass that they will send you to a group interview. I am at that point right now...

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Diego, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

1- phone interview consisting of general questions and was given a date for group interview. Took about 10 minutes.
    2- group interview date was a month and a half later. There were 12 candidates total, one main recruiter speaking and asking the questions, and about 5 managers from different branches taking notes and listening. Group interview took about an hour and a half.
    3- received phone call on the same day by the recruiter telling me I made it to the next step of the interview process and was given contact information to the branch that I wanted to work at for a 1 on 1 with the branch managers.
    4- 1 on 1 interview date was one week later and I was told that I would hear from them within a week. Pretty basic questions, I felt very comfortable.
    5- I ended up calling them to follow up a week later and was offered the position if I passed the mandatory background check. I was told it would take a week but it ended up taking 2 weeks.
    6- received a phone call from the recruiter telling me my background check finally cleared and we set up a date for me to come in to fill out all the paperwork.

The only negative part of the process was how long it took. Almost 3 months from the phone interview until I was offered the position. Other than that, everyone was very nice and the recruiter was very helpful. She even told me that if the manager at the branch I chose didn't offer me the position to let her know so that she could set me up at another branch.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for wells Fargo?   Answer Question
    • Describe a tough situation you were in at your previous job and how you resolved the situation.   Answer Question
    • Describe some of your strengths and how you would apply them at wells Fargo.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in May 2008.

Interview

Meeting Face to Face, nothing to spectacular. Basically each branch is controlled by the manager so you are selling yourself to one person, that is it. No need to worry about second interviews the first is pretty much the one that counts. Overall a great place to work and a lot can be learned.