Wells Fargo Branch Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo Branch Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 13, 2017

3.1

Branch Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

2 interviews. Both were behavioral questions. Make sure you know the company and be prepared with examples and special answers. After panel interview took 3 days for offer and then week and half after background check.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Research what managers are getting paid in area.

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Thousand Oaks, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Panel interview with local leadership, multiple question format with time for questions. Not much more involvement. Similar to the process at most financial institutions. After the panel interview, you have a solid idea...I'm working to fill space and 30 words here.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Atlanta, GA) in January 2013.

Interview

The interviewers were disorganized and talked as the interviewee was not present in the room. They were more preoccupied with bragging about themselves. I was not asked many questions, perhaps because they seeked me.

Anonymous Employee in Waller, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Waller, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

FBI background check and NMLS certification

Interview Questions

Negotiation

one sided

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Raleigh, NC) in June 2011.

Interview

Long and lots of questions, Star format, panel of three managers, It was very distracting because they were constantly writing and not paying attention to what I really had to say.

Interview Questions

• How will you coach your team to meet daily branch goals   1 Answer

Negotiation

getting the salary I wanted took another week

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Milwaukee, WI) in August 2010.

Interview

1st interview with recruiter, 2nd interview with regional manager and district manager

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to take a stand on an issue.   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2009.

Interview

When I first sat down, before we discussed anything else, the district manager asked me "So tell me what responsibilities you would have in this position." Isn't that what HE'S supposed to tell ME in the interview??? It was terribly awkward and unexpected, and totally threw me off. I said "Well, I don't know any more than what was listed in the job description." So he said to tell him about my work experience. I've been the interviewer for dozens of interviews, and always started off with "Tell me about your job experience and skills." Then, go through a description of the job and its responsibliities, and then discuss how the candidate's skills will match the job. This had to be the most poorly run interview I've ever had. It really made me question what this man would be like to work for!

Interview Questions

• Tell me what responsibilities you would have in this position?   1 Answer
    • How you would manage risk?   Answer Question