Wells Fargo CONSUMER LOAN UNDERWRITER Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo CONSUMER LOAN UNDERWRITER Interview Questions

3.1

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (West Des Moines, IA) in October 2015.

Interview

First step was a call with HR that lasted about 15-20 minutes. After 3-4 days, I was contacted for a face to face interview. 1 week later, I had an hour long face to face interview with the hiring manager on site.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you made a decision without all of the factors available   1 Answer
  • Tell me a time when you managed a high pipeline; what did you do to ensure quality was maintained?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

CONSUMER LOAN UNDERWRITER Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Internal Process I interviewed for a position within my department for advancement I was selected as an underwriter from a processor but it was a lateral move. Wells Fargo gives you the opportunity to advance in positions but not salary. This is why I think that this company is not great over all

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NONE

CONSUMER LOAN UNDERWRITER Interview

Interview

Behavioral based questions - be prepared to give specific examples related to the industry. For entry level positions you must have the attitude to learn and want to excel. Wells Fargo looks for energetic people willing to work in a fast-paced ever changing environment with excellent communication skills regardless of the position. This is a customer focused employer and you need to be able to exhibit excellent customer service skills.

Interview Questions

• Transaction specific questions regarding potential scenarios (for underwriting positions).   Answer Question

Negotiation

Know the market and the current industry requirements. Base pay is low but when the market is hot there is potential for significant overtime hours as well as the incentive plan.

CONSUMER LOAN UNDERWRITER Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

I applied for the position online and 5 weeks later I received an e-mail requesting a phone interview. I thought this was odd because i had interviewed for 3 positions with Wells Fargo in the past and they had always been a face to face interview, then a second in person interview. The phone interview was a fairly simple interview with the standard questions ie. name a time at your current position when you were successful, etc. One week short of two months went by and I didn't hear anything. I figured I hadn't gotten another interview. Then I got an e-mail from a department manager requesting that I contact them to set up a conference call interview with two managers. So, the next day I was called by Wells Fargo and did a conference call with the managers. It was a very light-hearted interview. They only asked me 3 questions. I think one was to explain my work ethic. After the interview I figured there would still be a round or two of in person interviews. However, exactly one week later I got a call and was offered the job, which I accepted! I am so happy working at Wells Fargo. It is by far the best company I have worked for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was told that in this case there was no room for negotiation of salary.

CONSUMER LOAN UNDERWRITER Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2013.

Interview

Interview was very laid back. I got the interview through my school. It was only me and one of the site managers. Nothing special about the interview. It was quite easy. I just answered questions about my resume and about how I would deal with customers to give them a good experience.

CONSUMER LOAN UNDERWRITER Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Interview was set up via email. The interview was not with a hiring manager, but with another manager helping out the hiring manager. Met with 1 person and had only 1 interview. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. It started with few questions about the resume, then about 4 questions from a list of standard interview questions- they were very specific in asking you to recall situations in your life. I believe this was unusual, but the employment offer was received via email about 4 hours after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a difficult decision you made where others were not happy with your decision.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2013.

Interview

Wells Fargo hires mass quantities of people, and has very limited training resources, and as a result many of their people in higher positions have very little experience in their roles. Everything moves very slowly at a large bank like Wells Fargo, it was two months before we even got desks.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult time when you had to deliver bad news to a client. How did you handle it and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They hired on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Raleigh, NC) in April 2012.

Interview

Received contact from recruiter two weeks after application was submitted. Interviewed with recruiter then hiring manager. Job was offered 2 days after interview with hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make an unpopular decision and what was the outcome?

Explain what information is on a Credit Report

Tell me about a time you had to deliver bad news to a customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Only spoke with Recruiter. You can only counter offer once. The counter offer from the employer is firm.

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Cary, NC) in October 2011.

Interview

Applied online, hiring process took about 2-3 weeks. Once you apply online there is an initial phone screening, then face to face interview. If hired, there will be a drug test and background check.

Interview Questions

• Question on self employment tax returns. Make sure you know the different types 1040, Schedule C etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You need to know different types of tax returns and ace the interview to negotiate. Excellent overtime and bonus structure.

CONSUMER LOAN UNDERWRITER Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2009.

Interview

The interview was standard. My first perception that the place was unprofessional because they wanted me to sign my offer on the first day (my start day) instead of at the time of the verbal offer. I stood my ground and insisted that I could not quit my current job without a formal written offer in place.