Wells Fargo Interview Questions in California | Glassdoor

2.8

877 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The interview process was drawn out over several months. The team that interviewed me were over-worked. They complained during the interviews about lack of clear priorities between projects and changing direction as different executives pulled them in different directions. They articulated a good description of the job responsibilities in general terms. When I drilled down on specific programs, the scope of work assigned to the team was beyond the resources available for the team size that was described to me. The requisition was cancelled after I had interviewed, so nobody was hired for this position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous experience. How does your experience doing X at company Y make you a good fit for this role?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Santa Monica, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online and after passing an assessment test I had a phone interview, they asked me about my ability to work with computer and also my experiences with working with customers and cash handling. after that, i got a call from the bank and set a time for an interview.

Interview Questions

• tell me about the time that you did something that you know it was a right thing to do, even though it was challenging to do such a thing   Answer Question

Personal Banker I Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Quick and easy online application process that allows you to see which locations have open positions. Received a call from friendly recruiter just a few days after to schedule a group interview in downtown offices. Passing the group interview led to interviewing with branch manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond for a client.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview was a 30 minute phone screening with several technical questions about valuation and cultural fit. The questions consisted of scenario driven frameworks which were linked with how to approaching problems. This was complimented with several knowledge based questions about general Finance.

Interview Questions

• What are the three primary methods of determining a company’s value?   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

The overall process was pretty informal. I just met with two other designers and they asked me a few questions about my portfolio. We had a brief conversation about their design culture and what type of designer they were looking at for the role.

Interview Questions

• Will you please give me an example of how you used metrics to inform your design process?   1 Answer

Analytics Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Easy.Only one round. Manager was easy going and friendly. Even if I didnt answer he would guide me to answer right. We clicked and I managed to get the job.

Interview Questions

• 3 tier structure of Datawarehouse, different kind of joins, basics of sql, one to one conversation on hobbies, previous education and experience, index, stored procs, triggers, views   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied through my school (USC) and was contacted to do an interview over the phone. The interviewer asked 4 scripted questions then gave around 5 minutes for you to ask questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• Explain the three financial statements to someone who doesn't know accounting.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time in which you were working on a project and the specifications changed.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time in which you were a leader.   Answer Question

Portfolio Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied through their website. A couple of weeks later, I was invited for a phone interview. Mostly behavioral with a touch of technical questions. A few weeks after that, I was invited for a superday in their office. The process consisted of four 45 minute interviews followed by a networking reception. A week later, I was informed that I received the offer.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Berkeley, CA).

Interview

Group interview with other candidates, Phone,3 managers interview back to back, and one with the store manager for the branch you are applying for. Overall intimidating but at the time I could think on my feet and was up for the challenge.

Interview Questions

• Above and beyond for a customer?   1 Answer
    • conflict or coaching at work and how did you resolve?   1 Answer

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Interview

Never happened because I was immediately rejected 2 days after I applied online. I've applied to be a bank teller after getting my bachelors and working at Morgan Stanley and I've been rejected multiple times. I do not understand this system, am I too educated for them? Blows my mind.