Wells Fargo Interview Questions in Charleston, SC | Glassdoor

Interviews at Wells Fargo

2.4

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charleston, SC) in September 2017.

Interview

It took an incredible amount of time for the recruiter to reach out and the whole process in itself was very drawn out and time consuming. Information was not relayed to the applicants in a timely manner. My expectations of a phone call fell short and the whole process in itself from the time the application was submitted to the time I received the outcome of that application was roughly a little over a month.

Service Manager II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charleston, SC) in September 2016.

Interview

Started with phone screen and then was invited to interview at branch with branch manager and district manager. Recruiter was awesome during the entire process. I also enjoyed meeting with manager and district manager. Interview consisted of standard questions from interview guide. Manager and district manager took turns asking the questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you helped an angry customer?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had to coach and develop an employee who was not meeting business expectations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charleston, SC).

Interview

Applied online and was sent assessment and screening tests. Was called in to do a group interview. Before I could drive home I was called to do an in person interview at a branch. Interviewed in person with a head teller and a service manager, and a few days later was formally offered a position. Training takes two weeks before you settle into your branch. The process started in early November and I finished training the second week of January.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time for you had to deal with a difficult customer? Tell us a time where you went above and beyond for a customer? How do you motivate yourself and or others? What was one of your biggest achievements? What is good customer service to you?   Answer Question

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Summerville, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Summerville, SC) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online Sep.3 along with a Wells Fargo personal banker sending in a reference letter for me. Same day I was set up for or a group interview for the following week. Group interview basic questions to tell about yourself. Then a time with a difficult customer, how you handled the situation and the outcome. A goal u set and how u met that goal. Then an accomplishment u had along with what u learned. A week later got an email to set up to meet with branch manager for the following week.. Asked a lot of questions mostly dealing with your experience. She said I would hear something within 48 hours. Just got an email saying they have other candidates with more experience in what their looking for. The process took 4 weeks and with an end result with no job offer makes you feel like it was a months waste of time. Not sure how my experience didnt match due to myself having years of customer service experience and management experience. Very confused on the decision. Feel like they should call past employer's to see your true work ethic when making a decision. Very disappointed!!!

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charleston, SC) in August 2015.

Interview

I wouldn't stress at all. Basic interview behavior questions .... Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer? What was ur biggest obstacle?? What was the outcome

Interview Questions

• What was a great accomplishment and how did you achieve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (North Charleston, SC) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online through the Wells Fargo website and received an email with a link for an online questionnaire a few hours later. The next time I heard from them was about two weeks later with a time and date for a group interview.

I was a little nervous never having gone through this type of interview so the day before the interview I did a little research and found this website. I made myself a little cheat sheet with some of the questions and answered them for practice purposes. I'm glad I did that!

There were eleven other candidates at the interview besides myself ranging in ages from early twenty to about mid-fifties. The recruiter was very friendly and explained the process well. We all sat around a long table with the recruiter at the end. The interview was a long and very drawn out process. Everyone had to share some of their background and answer the same three questions. I really didn't need to hear some of these made up (believe me, some of them were very stupid) stories.

We were told by the recruiter that we would hear back within 1 - 5 business days via phone if selected or receive an email if not. I never did hear anything back either way, even after I applied for several more positions. I finally gave up.

I feel that the whole process was very disrespectful to potential future employees and will take my banking elsewhere from now on.

Interview Questions

• What are some goals you set for yourself?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a significant accomplishment in your life?   Answer Question
    • Can you share an example of good customer service you have provided?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charleston, SC) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied Monday, passed the assessment and scheduled an interview for Tuesday. It was a group interview with 9 people. The recruiter asked three questions.
    1) Why do you want to be a bank teller?

2) Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond customer service.

3) When did you have to meet a sales goal? Explain how you achieved it.

Then she told us more about the company. The interview lasted about an hour and twenty minutes.

I received a call the same day for a second interview with the district manager on Thursday.

The second interview were the same 3 questions from the first, and she also asked 1 question about cash handling experience. The interview was very quick, it lasted about 15 minutes. Three hours later I received a call about an offer for the job with a salary of $12.08/h and I accepted.

The process didn't take long at all, only 4 days for me :) Good Luck!

CONSUMER LOAN UNDERWRITER Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charleston, SC) in January 2014.

Interview

There is an initial phone interview with the recruiter then if you like what you hear they move you to a panel interview. Usually in the panel there are 3-7 people who will ask anywhere from 5-10 predetermined questions and will rank how you answer them on a scale of 1-5.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a challenging customer whom you seemed to not be able to please? What did you do? Where you able to make things better?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charleston, SC) in November 2012.

Interview

When applying online I was given a choice of when I would like to take part in a phone interview. After the brief phone interview I was offered a face to face interview with my (now) branch manager. Several days after the second interview, I was offered the position. Both interviews took 30-45 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a situation in which you were unable to make a sale.   2 Answers

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was almost non existent. You are prompted to provide a desired salary when applying online.

Teller At Wells Fargo Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charleston, SC) in October 2012.

Interview

The process was lengthy and consisted of a group interview which I had never experienced before. That was followed by a phone interview and then another one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in sales?   1 Answer