Wells Fargo Collector I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo Collector I Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

I began with a phone screening with a recruiter. They set me up with an in person interview a few days later. My interview was in the morning and I wore a suit. The Managers were somewhat friendly. There were two managers doing the interview. They asked alot of questions about your background and previous employment. Parking was easy and building wasn't hard to find. They also asked a number of situational questions (tell me about a time...) The interview lasted about 40 to 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What would your previous employer say about you?   1 Answer
  • What were your duties in your previous role?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes I was able to get more than what I was informed the first time.

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Collector I Interview

Interview

I applied online I was contacted by someone and told that a recruiter was interested in speaking with me about the position, then a phone interview was scheduled for a few days later with the recruiter. I had the phone interview it lasted maybe about (20) mins. After the phone interview the recruiter wanted to bring me in for a face to face interview. The interview was scheduled a week later. The interview was a panel interview with 2 supervisors.

I went to the Interview and afterwards I was told that training classes started on the 28th and the recruiter would reach out to me within a week to let me know what decisions was. If I had gotten the job or not or if there was next steps in the hiring process. A week went by and the recruiter didn't reach out to me letting me know what the decisions was. Instead on the 7th day I got a rejection/decline email saying that they had selected another candidate and they would be moving forward with them.

Then I had emailed the recruiter trying to figure out what the decisions was from my interview shortly afterwards I had gotten a rejection response from the recruiter saying the same thing. Then the next day I got another rejection/decline email. Then 2 days later the same recruiter reached out to me and invited me to a career fair/ job fair that the department was having. I was asked to bring my resume. I had 2 interviews there and I was told the same thing the recruiter would reach out to me in a week to let me know what decisions was.

It's been 2 weeks I have not heard anything back, but I didn't get a rejection/decline email or a rejection response from me following up from the interview. So maybe this time I got the job. I don't know maybe the recruitment will reach out to me nothing is guaranteed. So I'm putting no offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Jacksonville, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

Received an email to schedule phone interview. Phone interview really easy and quick. Scheduled face to face a couple of days later. Arrived 10 mins early. Met with two supervisors.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were presented with a new procedure at work that you didn't agree with. How did you handle it and what was the result?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Jacksonville, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

I had done a phone interview and the lady was nice and i felt very comfortable. The phone interview was about 15 minutes long and the first 10 minutes will be a pre screen. She said everything sounded great and offered me an in person interview with two managers

Interview Questions

• what was one of my challenging moments dealing with a client and how did i handle it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Tempe, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

My interview was very professional. I was introduced to a woman named Robyn who ask me a little about my personal life and past job experience. She was very warm and welcoming. She listened to all my answers and laughed at a few of my jokes.

Interview Questions

• How would you take a previous job experience and related to an angry customer who you had to calm them down and defuse the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I received my offer letter the day after my interview instructed me of two things I had to do and pass in order for me to be able to start the class a month and a half from then . I had to go down to a local finger print office and get my finger print scanned which I did the same week of receiving my offer letter, my results came back for those in 20 minutes clear . I then had to submit to a background check online which I sent off the day of receiving the offer. My background check was sent off on July 21st with the class starting for my job offer on Aug 24th. My background check took 6 weeks to come back causing me to miss the Aug 24th class but being offered another class which I gladly accepted . It took a while for my background to come back and if I wasn't working at the time I wouldn't know what to do but it all came together as it should have .

Collector I Interview

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2015.

Interview

Applied Online and got an e-mail for a phone interview a 6 weeks later , which discussed the job requirements and asked behavior questions and a review of your resume.

The interviewer asked me if I was available for a 5 week training and I said yes, she told me to wait for a call from the bank manager who would schedule the face to face interview at the bank location I applied at. Waited for a call , received no call from bank manager after 3 more weeks I guess I didn't made it to the next round of selection.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry customer?
       Describe a situation where you handle conflicted
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2014.

Interview

Prompt responses from multiple levels of recruitment and management even though it was right before Christmas time. Interview was with two supervisors who took turn asking questions. Interview was very casual. Offered me a different schedule than the one I applied for.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Bernardino, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online for the position, a few days later I received an email to schedule a phone interview. About a week later I did a phone interview with a recruiter that went well. She told me that I would most likely get a call for face to face interview. About a week later, I received a call for face interview and was told to be there 10 minutes before my set interview time. I arrived for the interview 10 minutes before as instructed, only to wait another 15 to 20 minutes to be called in... The face to face interview was long and drawn out, some of the same questions were asked that were asked on the phone interview, which they had all your answers already in the computer, so they already knew what you were going to say. How do i know? The Interviewer made jokes stating he knew what I was going to say and that he has all my answers right in front of him on his laptop... The interview took about 20 minutes, a lot of the questions they asked were repetitious just worded different. Which I felt was really unnecessary for an entry level position that only pays $13hr. But i kept a smile and remained positive through entire interview. Needless to say I was never offered the position. Better Luck to the next candidate.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation were you had a difficult task at work? What was it, and how did you overcome it?   1 Answer

Collector I Interview

Interview

Applied online 2 days later received an email requesting a phone interview. Had phone interview 3 days later. Recruiter said if I am chosen to move on to face to face interview they will contact me. A week later received a call to set up face to face interview. Interview with 2 managers asked basic questions, interview lasted 20 mins.. 9 days later received a email extending an offer.

Interview Questions

• What would your previous manger say about you   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in February 2013.

Interview

Fairly standardized process. Applied online for the position and heard back 4 weeks later on the phone from Wells Fargo recruiter. Went through screening questions and recruiter extended opportunity to have a face to face interview. Scheduled interview to be 1 week from the phone call. Arrived 15 minutes early and waited around 20 minuets after scheduled time until I met with hiring manager and department supervisor. Hiring manager read from a script of questions and wrote down a few things. Department supervisor didn't really ask questions only commented a few times. After interview was told I was last candidate they would be seeing. While walking me out, department supervisor implied I would definitely be getting contacted by the recruiter again with an offer. Sure enough was called next day by the recruiter with their offer to which I accepted. After that had to submit to a urinalysis and back ground check.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you were morally challenged at work?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was able to get extra $1 an hour. It is part time work so take that for what it's worth.