Wells Fargo Collector Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo Collector Interview Questions

Updated Dec 8, 2016

2.6

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (New York, NY).

Interview

Meet HR who was not friendly or inviting give a very nonchalant vibe. I tried to make small talk before we got to the interview process but she reciprocate went right into the interview did not ask me anything about my self.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Des Moines, IA) in October 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews, 15 mins and 30 mins, the first interview was with a recruiter asking about job history, specific skills and basic preliminary questions and the recruiter was great. The next interview was with two of the managers for the Collector department. They asked some more basic questions as well as a few scenario questions. After the second interview I was called 2 hours later with an offer for the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you were faced with telling someone something they did not want to hear and how did you handle that?   Answer Question

Hours required to work. Evenings and either Sunday-Thursday or Tuesday - Saturday.

Collector ! Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Roanoke, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and a couple days later a woman called to schedule a phone interview a week after that date. The phone interview was pretty quick (10-15 mins) and the woman was nice. She asked really basic questions, nothing I had to really think about. She offered me an in person interview at the end of the call that she scheduled for a few days later. The in person interview was in STAR format which was kind of annoying, but the two women supervisors interviewing me were pretty laid back and the interview lasted probably half an hour.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that a customer asked for something specific but you thought a different option would be better   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you thought something was going to be easy but turned out to be very complicated   Answer Question

Collector Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online and a couple weeks later received an email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview you have to call them. They give you the number and conference code to get through. I almost forgot this when I was waiting for them to call. It was easy- just went over my background and I guess make sure I sound competent on the phone. A week later I got a call late at night from a recruiter to set up an in person interview. A few days after that was my in person interview. It was with a manager in another department which was weird. Went over work history then did about 8 STAR type questions and then I got to ask questions about the job. That seem to go well that he went and got an actual manager from the department i would be working. She just quickly went over his notes and asked a few questions. Basically a sped up version of the prior interview. She then asked if I had any questions and I didn't have any since I asked them all with him but asked again anyways. She was a little more realistic with the position, not in a negative way but in what you will see on a day to day basis which I appreciated. It's now a couple days later and haven't heard back but hoping since it's the weekend they will call Monday.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you didn't agree with a co-worker and how you came to a resolution and what steps did you take to get to that resolution?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview was a panel interview with supervisors and managers. They asked general questions about myself (hobbies, personal life, back ground) and gave scenarios and asked me to explain how I would handle them.

Interview Questions

• This is a customer service roll dealing with upset customers,Can you handle high stress, upset customers in stressful situations.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Strait forward

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2013.

Interview

Interview took 5 mins asked 3 question and I received call back in two hours with a offer

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Des Moines, IA) in October 2012.

Interview

The telephone interview was awesome. Very inviting and engaging. Upbeat and motivating. Positive and reassuring. The woman that called and set up the interview was the same that did the interview, and was and HR Professional.
    The personal interview was monotone, mundane, little to no emotion from the interviewer. She read from a script and wrote down my answers. She seemed as if this was an interruption to her day. The woman that did this one on one interview was a Floor Supervisor. Definitely not trained to interview. I understand this is not within her day to day role, however it should be within her wheelhouse of experience and knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you overcame an obstacle in your work life.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Urbandale, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Urbandale, IA) in July 2010.

Interview

Very quick and hired on the spot.

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Kansas City, MO) in August 2009.

Interview

interviewed by two different people then offer was made after 3 days.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Mention how many years of experience you have

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Kansas City, MO) in August 2009.

Interview

was very good company had excellent skills to make money knew how to communicate with their peers and even with the team member money go getter love it love it sorry they to lay off