Wells Fargo Interview Questions in Columbia, MD | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo Interview Questions in Columbia, MD

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Columbia, MD) in February 2016.

Interview

Went through a temp agencies, my understanding is that all new hire come through a temp agency, I know that they work with Areotek and Rand Stand. There are 2 interviews, first with 2 floor managers where they ask primarily behavior questions as well as different situation questions

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to priorities a number of tasks that have a strict deadline.   1 Answer

Business Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Columbia, MD) in November 2015.

Interview

3 steps (phone screen, and 2 in person interviews). Contacted first by an HR recruiter who then refers you to the hiring manager. Depending on the role, you may or may not have a panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Informal questions about education, experience, and interest in position followed by behavioral interview questions.   Answer Question

SAS Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Columbia, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

Three person interview, good pay, good company. The team is close knit, and is very very supportive. Good growth possible, there is so many people in this building. Biggest bank in the world by market capitalization, so you can basically go anywhere your heart desires if you choose to transfer. I had to leave for Grad School, but it was a really good experience. HR is hard to approach, which would be one of the few negatives I have to add about this subject at hand. Columbia, MD SAS ANALYST 2

SAS Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Columbia, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

First you go over your resume and background, then they ask questions regarding your background and how they fit into the role. After your background, it's behavioral type questions "Tell me about a time when..." And you have to answer the question to the best of your ability giving the scenario, how you handled it, and the result. Often they came with a follow up question that wasn't even on paper to expand on the question.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had too much to do and couldn't get it done in one day.   Answer Question

Personal Banker I (SAFE) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Columbia, MD) in February 2014.

Interview

The process took about one month. waiting for the background check was the longest wait. recruiters were kind and well spoken and explained the process easily. They were responsive and kept good communication. The phone screening took about 20-30 minutes. questions were pretty generic

Securities Administrative Services Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Columbia, MD) in May 2013.

Interview

Most SAS Analyst IIs start as a temporary employee. The staffing agency will set up an interview with supervisors from WF which typically lasts an hour. The interview begins with questions about your work experience along with career moves and progression. The longest part of the interview deals with situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Give an example with technology has deterred you from accomplishing your goals.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Columbia, MD) in December 2012.

Interview

Phone Interview with HR was pretty short only about 15 min, asked why I was interested and background. Then in person interview with 2 managers mostly situational, and behavioral type questions. It lasted about One Hour, received the offer a week later.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you faced a difficult challenge, how did you overcome it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Columbia, MD) in September 2010.

Interview

The interview process is actually fairly quick compared to other companies in the industry. At first I received a phone call and was asked basic questions about my history and why I am applying. This was only about 10 minutes long. Two days later I was asked to come into the office and was interviewed by two supervisors at the same time. It was a group hiring process and there were around 6 other people interviewing as well. A few days later I was called back with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a better fix in our company than other applicants?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate as much as possible!!! Each position has a acceptable salary range, but managers will make an offer towards the lower end of that scale. Since annual raises are are percentage of your salary, it is crucial to start at the highest salary possible.

Securities Administrative Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Columbia, MD) in September 2009.

Interview

I had a phone interview and one on site interview. They'll have a book of questions for me. Questions are behavior questions. While I answered the question, they will wrote down the answers. At least 2 people will interview you. sometimes are more

Client Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Columbia, MD) in June 2008.

Interview

Interview began with HR. They call to let you know they want to interview you by phone and schedule an appointment. They have you give permission to check your background and your references. If all goes well with that, they schedule you to meet with hiring managers. The always do a panel interview. The questions they ask must be asked of all applicants applying for that position, they use a form to track questions and record responses. The like to get unofficial information on the applicant and don't be surprised is they try to lead their supporting questions to try and get you to reveal any issues they heard you had on your last job. Be prepared to state your case!

Environment has been described by colleagues as "toxic" and I agree. This comment refers to the division that we worked in only. They track work errors for reporting and improvements but the managers WILL include all your errors in your evaluation and you will be placed on a performance improvement plan and likely fired. Division is made up of well seasoned employees and they don't take kindly to newbies.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

This went well. If you have the experience you can justify asking for more money as well as flexibility in your schedule if you need it. The more you earn, the more challenging your interaction will be with your peers.