Wells Fargo Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 23, 2017

3.1

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2017.

Interview

It began with the recruiter interview/phone screen to confirm your experience. The recruiter was really nice and helpful, but after that call the recruiter was non-existent, even if I reached out with a question- no response. After the recruiter screen, I had a phone interview with six people on the call. They asked behavioral based questions, which was expected. They asked a lot about how I dealt with conflict. After that the recruiter sent me an email and told me I made it to the final round, and THEN she sent me the behavioral based questions interview prep sheet, to prepare for the final round. The final round was in person, and they did not ask me any behavioral based questions. They asked me theoretical questions, and picked at my resume asking me to expand. They asked me strange questions like "So, do you know people at your old job still?" "who do you know outside of your normal network?" and "So, it says you expected to graduate (with my masters) last month...did you?". That, combined with instances of them repeating questions that I had answered made me think they were really trying to poke holes or something. At the end of the interview the interviewer told me I would hear back by the end of the week. Three weeks passed and I followed up with both the recruiter and the hiring manager, with no response. Finally I heard from the hiring manager that they went with someone else with more specific experience. I feel they had that answer when I walked in for the final round based on their interviewing strategy. Strange experience to say the least.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview were like any other interview, they asked questions, recorded my response, it was hard to get a read of their thoughts. It was kind hard to prepare for certain questions a head of time.

Interview Questions

• It was a behavioral interview. People can make adjustments but I don't think they are considering that.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

1. I applied for the position online. About 2 weeks later, a recruiter contacted me to set up an phone interview (screening). The conversation went well, and the recruiter indicated he would pass my information along to the hiring manager for review.
    2. A couple of days after speaking with the recruiter, I was contacted (via email) by the hiring manager for a phone interview. The entire format of the interview was the STAR format. This gave me an opportunity to highlight my work experiences, and how they would translate to the position.
    3. I was contacted about a week later for a second interview, with another manager. This interview was more relaxed, although the STAR format was also used. I was told that I would hear back within a few weeks and that no further interviews would be needed.
    4. About 4 weeks passed, and I was contacted for another (final) interview.

The entire process took about 11 weeks (from the time I submitted my online application to receipt of an offer letter). The hiring manager and recruiter were responsive to my emails, and questions. I was also forewarned about a possible timing delay. Overall, it was a positive experience.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

1. Phone call from Recruiter: Quick, about 5 minutes. I was asked about my interest in the position, my interest in Wells Fargo, if I was ok with the salary and location (position was offered in Charlotte and Minneapolis).
    2. Phone interview with Hiring Manager: All behavioral questions (Judgement call, Accuracy, Integrity, Teamwork, Priorities). This interview was about 40 minutes.
    3. Phone interview with Hiring Manager: Focus in this interview was on my current position and the position I applied for. This interview was about 45 minutes.
    4. Phone interview with Vice President: This interview was about 20 minutes long. I was asked about my resume, how my experiences relate to the position, why Wells Fargo.

In all interviewers I asked questions regarding management style, the interviewer's interest in WF, how feedback is provided and whether I could better answer any questions, or anything they felt I left unanswered.

This interview process was over an entire month.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

The HR representative was a great guy, very encouraging and engaging. However, the interview process was painful. The managers were poor listeners in both interviews that lasted more than 3 hours, answering and asking questions inappropriately. The opening speech that lasted more than 30 uninterrupted minutes was all about how important the managers were. The "personality question" portion was standard: "Tell me about a time you went above and beyond what was required" stuff.

Interview Questions

• One of the managers asked this to me and a colleague who also interviewed:
      "Are you sure the title *fill in job title two jobs back* is really supported by the things you have listed here?"   Answer Question

They aren't paying very well.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in May 2012.

Interview

It was smooth first they call you for an interview then asked you some questions about yourself and past experiences good ans bad about your clients.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Eagan, MN) in August 2010.

Interview

The job was an internal posting but I was required to complete an online application and submit my resume. I submitted a functional resume for this job. Human Resources always does a pre-screening and then will recommend you to the hiring manager if you meet their criteria. At the end of every HR screening I ask what the next steps are, how long it will take for me to hear from someone and if they thought I was a good fit for the job. I always ask if they will recommend me to the hiring manager. In this case, they said yes. It took a couple of weeks to hear back from the hiring manager to set up an interview at another location. I went to the interview and a peer of the hiring manager showed up a few minutes after the interview started. The manager introduced him and said that he was there to observe and maybe ask a few questions. He had a copy of my resume with several items highlighted. She would ask a question, I would begin to answer and then he would interrupt me with something totally unrelated, such as "I see on your resume that you say you are analytical, what does that word 'analytical' mean to you?" He did this several times. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to be answering his questions or hers. I looked to her for help but she kind of just shrugged her shoulders. It left me wondering if this was their tactic, was it planned, were they trying to get a rise out of me or what? The man was very rude the entire time. I kept my cool and answered all of their questions. I walked out of there very angry and I definitely didn't want the job. It seemed like the hiring manager wasn't a good leader and since I'd also have to have interaction with the other man, I definitely couldn't see myself working with someone so rude.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in June 2008.

Interview

Phone interview and in person. Good situation because they needed someone right away.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about a specific regulation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very positive.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2007.

Interview

The interview process was skills and customer centric (external and internal customer) specific. The interviewers were friendly yet professional and asked no questions out of the context of the scope of the job position. Their questioning was presented in a direct and specific approach, but was not threatening and they allows ample response time.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging but rewarding work experience you've had?   Answer Question
    • When you face advercity, how do you deal with it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, because the package that was offered was more than I had expected to receive.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Hyderabad (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

Very tardy in their approach towards new prospects. They should respect others time as much as their own. Kept waiting for over 4 hours just to be asked to come again.