Wells Fargo Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Billings, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Billings, MT) in January 2017.

Interview

I was emailed to do a phone interview. The lady on the phone sounded like she hated her life/job. I was trying to be upbeat and nice but she was very monotone and harsh.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

I attended a group interview with 5 other people at a University City Charlotte location. The interviewer was very cold from the very beginning and not very welcoming. She picked us up from the lobby and took us to a conference type room. Without introducing herself or saying anything about herself she went straight into a PowerPoint presentation where she was talking about the job as well as the pay. She then followed with 4 very broad questions. The type of questions that there is no wrong answer to but all based on your previous experience. The entire time we were answering those questions she kept typing on her computer, no eye contact and very impersonal. It did not feel like a group interview at all. The whole process felt like an interrogation and very unwelcoming.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

Was asked questions on how I would go above and beyond to satisfy a customer. I was told that I had to make goals and achieve them in regards to making new clients and that I would get fired if I failed. Calm and easy environment.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to ensure you reach your weekly goals?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Frederick, MD).

Interview

There was no interview process because I was hired through an employment/staffing agency. The staffing agency took care of everything, and gave me all the necessary information about when and where to report. Once there, I was a part of a 2 wk. training session which was very good.

Interview Questions

• The process was very smooth and very basic. The training with the company was really wonderful. I give kudos to the company for the wonderful training.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation at all. You were offered their standard rate and that was it.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

The whole interview process was Fairly easy. The questions were situational questions during the panel interview. There is first a phone interview and if they choose to pursue you, they will call you for a panel interview with 3 supervisors.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to handle a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2016.

Interview

I completed the application online. A couple of days later I received an invitation to schedule a phone interview with a recruiter. After my phone interview which was about 15 minutes, she said she would pass my information on to the managers. A week later I was contacted by a second recruiter for a follow up on my phone interview. There was no more openings for the current training class. So I had to wait another month before my second interview. I was contacted a month later for a face to face one on one with one of the hiring managers. I was asked a total of 7 questions. Mixture of customer service related questions and situations. If you have experience it shouldn't be hard at all. I was contacted the next day and was offered the position. Employment was contingent upon successful completion of finger prints and FBI background check (takes up to 3+weeks) 2 weeks later I started a 6 weeks mandatory training. Whole process took about 3 months.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went over a beyond for a customer.

What is great customer service.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Be patience. Be confident.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Richmond, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied and after two weeks or so I received an email to schedule myself for a group interview. At the group interview there were three questions that had to be answered by each candidate. The recruiter was very informative but spoke very fast. I understood the questions and as I was answering one of them I was interrupted by the recruiter who told me to speak up. I wasn't very loud but I wasn't whispering either. The way it was done was a bit embarrassing to me being that there where other candidates in the room and no one was speaking any louder. I am overqualified for the position so I didn't really care that I didn't get scheduled for an in person interview. However, I think that recruiters need to be more professional in how they conduct themselves in an interview and not sound so arrogant.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation when you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

First a phone screen with a recruiter, than a face to face or panel interview with management, offer and training schedule, background check, no drug test. The first phone screen is fairly easy just reviewing your resume see if you can perform the responsibilities listed in the posting, the panel interview is when they want detailed situation and answer scenarios

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult situation with a customer? What was the problem and how did you fix it?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2016.

Interview

Group interview of 5 people. At first, I was really nervous. But it was more calm than I expected. There were three interview questions and we all got a chance to think about our answers, so whoever wanted to go first could speak up. The hiring manager talked about how the position will be for us, scheduling, benefits, and goals. I got there an hour early before the interview and saw how the employees were. Honestly, I really like the culture. Everyone is dressed casually and they seem very happy to work for Wells Fargo. Almost everyone who walked by me said Hello. It made me want the job even more.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your name, background involving sales and customer service and why you would want to work for Wells Fargo?   Answer Question
    • What level is your computer skills? (Basic, intermediate or advanced)
      How do you browse through the Internet?
      1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a customer or went above and beyond the duty of your work to help a customer?   Answer Question

Got a better job offer.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Antonio, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got an email for a group interview session. I was invited to interview a second time at the conclusion of that session. My second interview was two days later and I was offered the position by the end of the day by phone.

Interview Questions

• How did I handle a situation when working in a group setting with other team members.   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation where you were complimented by a customer for your assistance   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation in where you handled a disgruntled customer.   1 Answer