Wells Fargo Interview Questions in Des Moines, IA | Glassdoor

2.7

69 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Home Preservation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Des Moines, IA) in February 2017.

Interview

20 min phone interview where they will go over previous experience submitted or from your resume. I was asked about previous Customer Service experience as well as given an opportunity to include any other relevant experience. Also given a chance to ask any questions.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Wells Fargo?   1 Answer

Summer Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Des Moines, IA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied January. I think the phone interview happened late February.
    Reached out after the interview and she said I did very well and I should hear within the next two weeks. Didn't hear anything for three weeks so I reached out again but was directed towards someone else, who then also said I had great notes and should wait to hear within another two weeks. Three weeks went by again with no word, so I emailed to check in - no response. Another three weeks with no response - checked in again. Never heard back. Very SLOW process. Terrible communication.

Interview Questions

• Explain the 3 financial sheets. Other than financial forms, what should you look at before giving a loan. Talk me through your resume.   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (West Des Moines, IA) in November 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter on Thursday October 20, 2016. I was notified by the manager for an in person interview, which took place on Wednesday November 2, 2016 with the manager and one of his team members. I was then notified by the manager on Wednesday November 9, 2016 that he had chosen another candidate. The phone interview was very informal, it lasted about 5 minutes. My in person interview was more detailed in the questions that was asked and lasted about 30 minutes. I was a little nervous going into the interview but quickly felt at ease once the interview process started. Over all even though I did not get the job it gave me interview experience that I need.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time about an issue that came up, how did you handle it and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Collector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Des Moines, IA) in October 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews, 15 mins and 30 mins, the first interview was with a recruiter asking about job history, specific skills and basic preliminary questions and the recruiter was great. The next interview was with two of the managers for the Collector department. They asked some more basic questions as well as a few scenario questions. After the second interview I was called 2 hours later with an offer for the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you were faced with telling someone something they did not want to hear and how did you handle that?   Answer Question

Hours required to work. Evenings and either Sunday-Thursday or Tuesday - Saturday.

Loan Servicing Specialist IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (West Des Moines, IA) in September 2016.

Interview

I was initially contacted by the recruiter for a phone interview where I answered basic demographic questions. A few weeks later I was invited for an interview. The process was very structured and consisted of maybe ten questions asking me to "name a time when..." The whole thing was maybe 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate.

Communications Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (West Des Moines, IA) in September 2016.

Interview

Took a long time to schedule a phone interview. The person who ended up doing an initial interview asked some very odd questions. Also was very dry, just read questions from a list.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed.   1 Answer

Applications Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Des Moines, IA) in September 2016.

Interview

Hired as contractor based on resume and job skills. There was no interview for this position with manager or department supervisory staff. Per contracting company, resume submitted for review by team.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions asked, resume reviewed for qualifications   1 Answer

Loan Servicing Specialist III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (West Des Moines, IA) in August 2016.

Interview

Have applied for several positions. Interviewed for 2. Turned down for the first. Second time I was contacted by a recruiter to see if I would be interested. Was contacted for phone interview which I think was the 1st time this person had ever done one. It was disaterous, I was dying to get done. Then I'm told that I will get recommended for a face to face. Ok.... Got an email within an hour from the hiring mgr stating my intervew was the NEXT DAY, the time, and who I would meet with. Never had that happen before. Very standard situational interview questions, only about 5 total. They don't seem to like it when you ask very direct questions, such as why is this position open, tell me about the type of people who work on the team, what are team dynamics like? I was hustled out of there as fast as possible, and told to contact the recruiter if I had any other questions. After thinking about it a couple days, I withdrew from candidacy. This also did not go over well. You have to be very, very, careful what area you apply in. Trust your gut, if it doesn't feel right stay away. There are some depts where the turn over is 100% and they literally can't keep people. Either they quit or are fired, which I figured out what was happening with the job I withrew from. I know many people who work there, and have now learned it works against you if you withdraw or don't accept a position. Also if you are offered more than 1, you can't turn down the first, and take another one. Once you accept you are in. If you withdraw and try to take a different one, you will be denied the offer for the 2nd one. And kiss good bye any chances of working there in the future.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard situational questions. Pretty easy to come up with an answer that would fit the situation.   Answer Question

Loan Servicing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Des Moines, IA) in July 2016.

Interview

I got a phone call from the temp agency at 9am about a position that opened that morning. I was In the interview within two hours. It was a one-on-one with the manager, and it was very simple. He was a funny individual and stepped away from the typical interview questions and talked more casually. Even though I didn't have as much phone experience as the job needed, the manager focused more on my people skills and what I could bring to the table instead of what jobs I did in the past. I got a phone call the next day that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why should I be hired over someone with more experience?   Answer Question

Inbound Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Des Moines, IA) in June 2016.

Interview

They will call for initial times to set up the first interview; which will be by phone. They will ask a series of questions that validate your pre qualifications. Be as precise and honest as possible.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous experience help with the position you applied for?   Answer Question