Wells Fargo Financial Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo Financial Advisor Interview Questions

2.9

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Received a request for 30 minute phone interview which took right at 30 minutes. Very standard questions and interviewer could only answer basic questions about the role. Interesting position for a new advisor.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to make a difficult decision at work without consulting management.   Answer Question
  • Why Wells Fargo?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

The branch's manager and his assistant approached the interview, faking being casual, and n0-big-deal. Then, after revealing myself, warts and all, and my superior strengths, they came down on me, picking apart and in battle-mode.

Interview Questions

• Why did I leave my former employer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Memphis, TN).

Interview

Typical interview process. Phone Interview then a panel interview followed. Process took no longer than a couple of weeks. Depends on how fast they need to hire. Prepare to give details of past experiences & how you handled dealing with customers & how you have achieved meeting difficult sales goals. If you don't like sales...this isn't the company for you...you have been warned!!

Interview Questions

• Typical sales & customer service questions. They like detail...tell me a time when type of questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Bethesda, MD).

Interview

first there was an interview with a recruiter
    then there was an interview with the branch manager
    and then there was a background check
    pre-test for series 7, if you pass you can continue on with the interview process
    then you begin to study for series 7, if you pass you can continue on within the process to become a FA
    then you study for 66, if you pass you can continue on within the process to become a FA
    then off to St Louis for training
    Once you return, you have a sprint to 24

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

Really easy interview process, they will hire anyone. h h hh h h hh h h h h h h h h h h h h h

Interview Questions

• No hard interview questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Chattanooga, TN) in June 2015.

Interview

I did three interviews. One in phone and two in person. The phone interview was almost robotic and didn't really make me feel like I was dealing with a company. The in person interviews were very personable and nice.

Interview Questions

• For the phone interview it was mostly questions about describing previous work situations that were good examples of business acumen. In person it was almost informal personal questions about work ethic, interest, character.   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2015.

Interview

I received a phone call from the HR Dept. Scheduled a phone interview that lasted 30 minutes. I then had another phone interview with the hiring manager. I was then asked to come in for a face to face interview that last approximately one hour. Everyone was very nice.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Hiring for advisors is done at the local level. I was recruited in by other advisors. For me it was one lunch and one interview. The longest part of the process was waiting for the official offer.

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (West Palm Beach, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

No interview they recruited me heavily from old firm, they also used a headhunter to help recruit me, they just threw money at me to transition. No formal interview just told me why to join wells which was all lies

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

I had worked for the company for a few years already in the same building in a few different roles with different departments. I knew the people on the team I applied to from some of my previous roles.

Interview Questions

• They always ask situational questions like "Tell me about a time that you overcame an objection." or "What would you do if ....?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

The base is decent. The commissions can be pretty big, especially if you are consistently a top performer.