Wells Fargo Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Wells Fargo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

I had an on campus interview and then flew out to Los Angeles a few weeks later for a second round interview. I had seven interviews with different department heads that were hiring. Each interview lasted about half an hour and consisted of a mixture of behavioral and technical questions. The technical questions mostly consisted of understanding financial statements and valuation principles.

Interview Questions

• Understanding how to valuate different properties under different circumstances   Answer Question

The offer was great but I received an offer from another company that was more in line with the type of work I wanted to to

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Houston, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

First rounds were over the phone, and final rounds were in Houston (I believe this is some sort of regional HQ). First round over the phone wasn't too difficult. Standard behavioral questions, and a few technical questions about financial statements and that sort of thing.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about evaluating a company for creditworthiness?   1 Answer

Didn't feel it was a great time to get into Finance (low deal flow).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Dallas, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

On campus interview and then they made me do a case study. They sent it to me a night before I went out of town so I had to rush to finish it. Mostly accounting and financial stability questions in regards to a balance sheet income statement and statement of cash flows.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (East Lansing, MI) in February 2012.

Interview

They came to my campus to do interviews. It was one on one, only for about 45 minutes. It was mostly behavioral with a couple finance/accounting questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important line on the balance sheet?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2011.

Interview

The interview process was fairly long. I first did a pre-screening interview on the phone, then a 2:1 interview in their office. A week later, they called me for another interview. It was a little bit tiresome for the pay they were offering. The first two interviews went well compared to the last one which was more technical.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had to keep your integrity.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of 3 rounds of interviews. For me, the first was with senior leaders in the group (3 of them), the second was with managers (4 of them), and the last was with the top executive of the group (1 person). All were 1:1.

Interview Questions

• What are the 3 financial statements and how do they appear?   3 Answers
    • In doing a long, what is the most important statement to look at?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself/ Walk me through your resume   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was told not to negotiate, so I did not. In this climate and with such a great program, take the offer if it works for you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

HR person clled me and asked me to introduce myself, why picked wells farog, asked if i can work independently,

get better offer

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Irvine, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

My recruiter phoned with the opportunity, and an interview was set weeks out. Months after the interview, follow-up was performed.

I was offered the job months following the interview.

The ongoing merger allowed the hiring manager to practice poor communication and solely recruit and interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you determine and communicate when your work will affect other stakeholders within the organization?   Answer Question

Negotiation

A 10% salary increase was negotiated before starting work.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2010.

Interview

First I met with the employee who referred me's manager. Had lunch and got to know each other and interests. Subsequently went through four rounds of interviews before landing the job offer. Was able to skip to the "final round" for three different positions. So it was long. The people were not professional interviewers but rather your potential coworkers. They asked varied questions and most were really not related to finance or anything technical but focused on character and personality.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was repeatedly told it was non-negotiable but that is not true. Be persistent.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Atlanta, GA) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview was surprisingly behavioral. There was a few technical questions that related to accounting. Be prepared for valuation questions.

Interview Questions

The pay was not sufficient.