Wells Fargo Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 1, 2017

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

I received a phone interview two days after I went through the online application. She asked my visa status, and then reject me because they do not sponsor any type of visa.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Had a pre-interview reception the night before. Interview was mostly just fit questions. Walk me through your resume, etc. They were really bad about getting back to me about decisions. They actually haven't yet, I only know because I have a friend there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Santa Rosa, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

One phone interview and one in person panel interview. The phone interview was about 30 minutes and the in person interview was 3 hours long. Phone interview was basic behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when started a task but the circumstances changed. How did you proceed with the task?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

The process consisted of an initial phone screen and then followed by an in-person interview with a series of two-on-one interviews. The interviews were very straight-up, mostly fit questions, i.e. "Tell me about a time when..." with the occasional technical mixed in

Interview Questions

• How would you measure the credit worthiness of a company?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to make an unpopular decision   Answer Question
    • What are some debt ratios you would look at when evaluating a company? What would be too high?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

Went through a phone screening with the recruiter. Had a phone interview with two managers , which was convenient. The interview lasted about 1hr and 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Q. What did you handle a deadline
      Q. Describe a time when you had to make a tough decision
      Questions are based around what you have done in the past facing various situations
      1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2017.

Interview

Was contacted via e-mail about two weeks after applying online to set up a first round interview. Was contacted by phone by a woman who asked me to run through my resume, a few questions on my experiences and then a technical question. I was told I would hear back from them in 1-2 weeks, about 2 weeks afterwards I received an e-mail asking me to fill out department/location preferences. Didn't hear anything for a while so I followed up via e-mail with my original interviewer which was never returned, never heard anything back.

Interview Questions

• Describe the three different financial statements to someone who doesn't have a finance or accounting background.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2017.

Interview

Standard phone screen, then the head of the office called to answer any questions I had about the office. Wells Fargo flew me out in early January to interview for the Financial Analyst position. Though the interview itself was pleasant and quite standard, I had a huge difficulty with HR booking my hotel and my refund. They actually ended up charging me for the hotel, which is ridiculous. Honestly, I wish I hadn't even accepted the interview.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

On campus interview - what do you think the role entails? Why financial analyst and not investment banking? The interviewer was kind, but tried to be intimidating. Just know what the role is and know basic accounting questions and you will do fine. Financial analyst role I applied for was pretty much a credit analyst position.

Interview Questions

• what do you think the role entails? Why financial analyst and not investment banking? How are the three financial statements linked?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

The had an interview on campus and then had me drive down to LA to do 5 30 minute interviews and a 1 hour writing test. The interview on campus had two finance questions and the rest were background questions about myself.

Interview Questions

• Give a definition of the balance sheet, income statement, and statement of cash flows.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (New Orleans, LA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied for on campus interview. The questions were straight from HR and pretty straight forward. Interviewer would ask the questions and then write down my response. Questions were standard to financial interviews. They were not looking for long answers as this was just the preliminary screening interview. I received an email about 8 weeks later that I had made it to the second round. This entailed another 1 on 1 interview on campus.

Interview Questions

• What are the three major financial statements? How do they connect to each other?   Answer Question

Was not willing to relocate