Wells Fargo Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2017

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Had a pre-interview reception the night before. Interview was mostly just fit questions. Walk me through your resume, etc. They were really bad about getting back to me about decisions. They actually haven't yet, I only know because I have a friend there.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

Went through a phone screening with the recruiter. Had a phone interview with two managers , which was convenient. The interview lasted about 1hr and 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Q. What did you handle a deadline
      Q. Describe a time when you had to make a tough decision
      Questions are based around what you have done in the past facing various situations
      1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2017.

Interview

Was contacted via e-mail about two weeks after applying online to set up a first round interview. Was contacted by phone by a woman who asked me to run through my resume, a few questions on my experiences and then a technical question. I was told I would hear back from them in 1-2 weeks, about 2 weeks afterwards I received an e-mail asking me to fill out department/location preferences. Didn't hear anything for a while so I followed up via e-mail with my original interviewer which was never returned, never heard anything back.

Interview Questions

• Describe the three different financial statements to someone who doesn't have a finance or accounting background.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

On campus interview - what do you think the role entails? Why financial analyst and not investment banking? The interviewer was kind, but tried to be intimidating. Just know what the role is and know basic accounting questions and you will do fine. Financial analyst role I applied for was pretty much a credit analyst position.

Interview Questions

• what do you think the role entails? Why financial analyst and not investment banking? How are the three financial statements linked?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

The had an interview on campus and then had me drive down to LA to do 5 30 minute interviews and a 1 hour writing test. The interview on campus had two finance questions and the rest were background questions about myself.

Interview Questions

• Give a definition of the balance sheet, income statement, and statement of cash flows.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (New Orleans, LA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied for on campus interview. The questions were straight from HR and pretty straight forward. Interviewer would ask the questions and then write down my response. Questions were standard to financial interviews. They were not looking for long answers as this was just the preliminary screening interview. I received an email about 8 weeks later that I had made it to the second round. This entailed another 1 on 1 interview on campus.

Interview Questions

• What are the three major financial statements? How do they connect to each other?   Answer Question

Was not willing to relocate

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

They used behavior based questions for their interviews. I did a couple of one on one interviews and also one panel interview. They had a range of levels interviewing me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you missed a deadline, what actions did you take?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Mostly behavioral with a few technical questions. The interviewers were very friendly. More conversational than question/answer. 3 rounds of interviews, final round was a super day. I interviewed for the Middle Market: Financial Analyst Program in Houston.

Interview Questions

• If you didn't have access to financial statements, what would you use to measure credit risk?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

not bad. took a little longer than expected and they take a little longer than usual to get back to you but overall not bad. people were relatively nice and the questions weren't to difficult but I would expect a lot harder for a middle market banking position. Some of the interviewers came off as a little snobby but nothing to really worry about. probably tired after a long day of listening to people talk about why they love finance so much

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Phone interview with HR
    Ultimately lead to lead to face to face interview.
    Lasted about 30 minutes. mostly behavioral questions, and then some technical questions
    Quick response, and was in the office in less then a week