Wells Fargo Financial Analyst Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 9, 2017

2.9

39 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Analyst Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2017.

Interview

Took about a week for a recruiter to contact me via email to set up a phone interview. The interview was short and pretty straight forward, recruiter basically explained the program and then asked 3 behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to stop midway through a project and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
  • Tell me a time when you didn't meet a deadline?   Answer Question
  • Tell me a time when you made a mistake(s) in your work and what did you do?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The day started with a one-hour writing exam that was a case study. And then a rotation of four interviews either one on one or panel type. The questions were mostly behavior based with some technical (accounting) questions. The questions are a regurgitation of what is already posted on this site. Really go over the basics of accounting.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your deadline was significantly moved up.   Answer Question
    • If accounts receivable goes up how does this affect cash flow?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed at a site-specific office. 5 30-minute interviews, one case study (provided basic financial info and asked for your opinion on their creditworthiness), and lunch. Interview questions were all standard behavioral, only a few technicals. I enjoyed talking to all the people I interviewed with. Haven't made a decision yet.

Interview Questions

• Difference between issuing stock or taking on debt?   Answer Question
    • If oil prices go up, what is the effect on Disney's profits?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Winston-Salem, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

I submitted my application and heard back from Wells Fargo pretty quickly. They scheduled an in-person interview at my University. I met with two interviewers the day of the interview. The interview only lasted around 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe the three financial statements. (income statement, cash flow, balance sheet)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Santa Monica, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online as well as had an employee referral. The process from HR pre-screen interview to offer was 3.5 weeks. They had me do a case study and offered me the position via phone call once completed.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your previous job?
      What attracts you to this position?
      Describe a time when you were stressed and how you worked through the situation?
      What are ways that a publicly held company raise funds?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

Overall quick and efficient, with direct access to HR professionals. I first had an on-campus interview, then a phone interview with a separate division, and finally a full day of interviews in North Carolina. Heard of a decision within 7 business days.

Interview Questions

• Please describe what you would expect to see on a balance sheet?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-Negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

-The Written application was 1 day only (basic)
    -Phone interview (45 minutes) (Resume, Behavioral, Technical)
    -Super day (5 30 minute interviews & 1 written assessment) Written assessment is judged on ability and content

Financial Analyst Program Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2016.

Interview

Applied via employee referral. Was contacted by HR 2 months later, but only after I inquired about the process (it seemed like HR forgot they put this job offer out) and then had phone interviews with two managers.

Interview Questions

• What are the three financial statements?   Answer Question
    • Pretty much the other questions listed here. They have a very standardized process.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Program Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

1 phone interview, 1 super day interview in person (including individual interviews and panel interviews); Mostly behavioral questions on leadership experiences and tie management . easy technical questions with 1 or 2 made to have you think a little harder

Interview Questions

• What are the pros and cons of debt and equity and which one is more expensive?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about something that happened in the news and how this affected the financial markets   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Applied online, and got an email asking to set up a time for a phone interview.
    One week later, I got a phone call saying that I passed their phone interview, but must do their writing assignment. Finished their writing assignment in one day.
    Two days later, I was invited for their final round
    Three weeks later, final round at their regional office.
    Two weeks later, rejected.
    For those of you who are anxious about getting an offer from Wells Fargo, expect something within a day or two from them. If not, you aren't moving on. Don't read any other forums or yahoo answers asking when you will be getting an offer. Wells Fargo will notify you right away if you are wanted. If they don't want you, they will just take their time anywhere from 2 weeks to a month to send you a "thank you for your time" email.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview:
      1. Tell me about a time when you had to change in the middle of a project.
      2. DCF
      3. Raising $100 million, 50:50 equity to debt. How does it affect the three financials.
      4. One more behavioral, but I do not remember.

Final round(don't expect any technicals)
      1. Tell me about a time when you worked in a group and what role did you play.
      2. Tell me about a time when you had to make an unpopular decision and how did you handle it.
      3. Strengths and weaknesses
      4. Why should I hire you
      5. Why Wells Fargo, and commercial banking?
      6. Other bull crap questions they usually ask.   1 Answer