Wells Fargo Financial Analyst Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo Financial Analyst Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Jul 3, 2017

2.9

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I got this opportunity through college's career center website when I was in the last year of school. I was selected to have an on campus interview. Since the position is Financial Analyst Program - Middle Market Banking Development Program, we all the candidates have a welcome pre-interview party in San Francisco at the night before interview day. I met my interviewer, an associate from Oakland's office. We had a short talk. A weird feeling when I talked to him, he is like don't like talking and tired. Things happened next day is the worst interview experience I have ever had. I went to career center waiting for my interview at around 11am, spent an hour waiting until 12am, but I still didn't hear they call me. I asked for assistance. Wells Fargo's people told me my name is not in their list, but I got their email and pre-interview invitation. I told them who was supposed to be my interviewer. After another 30 minutes waiting, I met him. He's like super tired with a pair of eyes fulling with red vessels. He only interviewed me 15 min, told me he didn't sleep much yesterday, asked me 2-3 questions, and asked if I have any questions for him. When I had a question like if he had any challenge experience when blablabla, his answer is very straight forward: I don't have any story could share with you because I'm very great in my job.... Well, this ends my interview process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone screening with my staffing agency. Then a one round interview with my supervisor. Was asked about my experience and excel skills. The interview was pretty easy and the decision was immediate. Got an offer the same evening.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online and started with a 30 minute phone interview. Did not prepare enough and had a hard time with one of the accounting questions. Great opportunity so I was not surprised the interview was tough.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you get to discounted cash flow?   Answer Question
    • how would the presence of both cash and debt effect each financial statement from a lending perspective   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online via University website. scheduled on-campus interview. 30 min interview. half was behavioral questions half was financial questions. Interviewer did not seem all that interested. Did not leave a great impression of Wells Fargo.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Initial on-campus interview, then a writing assignment, and an on site interview to follow. Took over 5 weeks to respond and the recruiter was very unresponsive over email. The interviews contained a few technical questions- all of which were based on accounting concepts. Mostly the interview is behavioral and they read questions off a script.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Applied on college career website, process took around a month. Pre interview reception in SF, followed by first round interview (30 min) on campus. Found out roughly a week later I had a "super day" which consisted of two onsite interviews 30 minutes each. From there, found out again a week later that I had a third round with senior management. Questions were very straight forward if you are a business/econ major...some accounting based (walk me through the income statement), some econ based (what happens to disney's revenues if oil prices rise). First and second round were combinations of technical (easy) and behavioral questions. Know your basic accounting. Third round was purely fit based.

Interview Questions

• What do we do here at Wells Fargo and what skills are necessary for the job?   Answer Question

Commercial banking was not exactly what I wanted to do, and I received other offers. I have heard it is a wonderful place to work, however.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview process consisted of 1:1 on-campus interview and then full day on-site interview with 4 different people. Small writing sample to turn in beforehand.

Asked a mix or behavioral and technical questions. They want to get to know you and see if you'll be a good (bank) culture fit. Technical questions were similar to others posted on Glassdoor. Ex: Is EBITDA a good measure of cash flow? What are some factors to consider in lending to a company? Debt vs. Equity?

Advice: Be 100% confident in your abilities. It's okay to say you don't know, but give an educated answer. They're testing to see if you maintain composure.

Interview Questions

• EBITDA? Important parts of different financial statements.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks. Interview was very smooth, management wants to get to know you in every possible label, they want to see how committed and prepared you are, but they do it in a very easy going manner, very professional. This was before the online test's for aptitude, logical, verbal reasoning, etc, which i believe is something that everyone should pass before getting in at Wells Fargo. I did use an app 'the ultimate career interview' from app store to prepare for online tests. I suggest you to check out where you stand before applying for real.

Interview Questions

• The group activity was the most difficult part. It really isn't about the answer. It's about showing a little leadership and being open to other's ideas.   Answer Question

Negotiation

45k contract.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Phone screen, then case study, then in-person meeting with 6 people. Fairly easy, know EBITDA, Cash Flow, and industry analysis. A fair amount of personality questions to make sure I was a culture fit as well. They will ask why wf vs. other banks as well.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied via on-campus recruiting in late September. Applied for Commercial Real Estate lending. First interview was 30 minutes. Questions were mostly behavioral, but some were technical. Interned at the another bank before so the technical questions were simple for me. Didn't get a call-back about the second round until 6+ weeks later. Second interview was at Irvine for a position in SF. Second interview was divided into 2 sessions of 30-minutes each. Interviewers were all SVP for the department that I was applying for. Questions were half behavioral and half technical. Stumped on some technical questions. Interviewers would prompt you further if you were stuck though. Emphasized that Wells Fargo was my first choice. Interviewers from both first round and second round had lists of prepared questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between discount rate and cap rate?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Tried to negotiate salary, relocation package, start date, etc. but were all rejected. Wells Fargo does give an above-market salary though so difficult to negotiate.