Wells Fargo Home Mortgage Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo Home Mortgage Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Oct 25, 2016

2.7

Home Mortgage Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume online after hearing about the position through my network. Called and scheduled a phone interview with a recruiter. It lasted about 25 minutes and the questions were scripted. Mostly they dealt with my previous experience and how it relates to the position. I received a call two days later to schedule a live interview for next week. This was my first phone interview, so I was a bit confused at first by the long silences until the recruiter explained that he was typing my answers. I was not used to answering questions without visual feedback, so I wasn't sure if I was giving enough information or not. I had to put that I did not receive an offer in order to submit this review, but the process is not over and I do expect to get an offer next week.

Interview Questions

• When you were working in retail sales, how did you promote your products?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Home Mortgage Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

I met a recruiter at our university's career fair and was in contact with him for a week or two before we had a phone interview. The phone interview was fairly straight forward, and now I have an interview in Charlotte, NC. From what I gathered, the next interview will be with a panel of people, who I'm assuming are sales managers and maybe one HR person. I was told to come "prepared to talk about why I'm a good fir for the company"

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Columbus, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

It's been as smooth processes for since day one - I have had great communication with the branch manager during the processes. Me and the branch manager had two face to face interviews, then I had an interview with the regional branch manager and branch manager, and lastly I had one final interview/review with the branch manager.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral interview questions. Tell me about a time when...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

A recruiter came to my university and picked a handful of candidates based on our resumes. From there I did an interview with 2 men and just got a call back for a second interview, its been about 2 weeks. So i will update this once I complete the process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were put in a difficult position. How did you react, and how would you change your reaction if you could.   Answer Question

Home Mortgage Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2016.

Interview

it was nice and took an hour interviewing me .made me feel relaxed, and questioned me about my past experience and why I want to work with wells fargo and how did I hear about the job,work experience, goal. knowledge about the industry, current trend, job profile and what all is required for the job, compensation, leaves, working hrs and days, weekly meeting, branch and areas to cover.Understand real estate appraisals, title reports, and real estate transactions
    Inform prospective and existing customers of WFHM programs, rates, policies, underwriting requirements, and loan procedures
    Analyze detailed financial and credit data, matching customer needs with an appropriate loan program and level of risk
    Receive customer applications, quote the rate and points, and complete follow-up activities with the registration lock-in
    Develop and maintain a high degree of visibility for WFHM in the marketplace
    Perform miscellaneous duties as needed and required

Interview Questions

• work experience, goal. knowledge about the industry, current trend   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Tempe, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

First contact is email, then they schedule phone interview that is just a screening which is a 30 min call, then you move on to first 1:1 interview with a sales supervisor then finally a third interview with sales manager. Interview style is mainly situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you had an impossible situation with the customer and how did you handle it and what was the resolution?   Answer Question

Home Mortgage Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Meetings with Management on several different occasions then a go ahead from top management. Phone interviews as well as face to face with a business plan. Normal interview questions focused on the mortgage and banking experience I had.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for from Wells Fargo   1 Answer

Home Mortgage Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Reached out to by recruiter. Then phone interview. Came in and have a physical interview. Got a second interview on the spot and said I would receive a call back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

first, phone screening, then face to face interview with two diferent managers. interview was not hard, managers talks about company, products, and ask little questions about my previous working experience.

Home Mortgage Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

panel interviews with multiple managers and peers. different personality questions and role play. situation questions to see how you would react in certain situations. good overall experience. very detailed.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a situation where you will upset a customer or put company at risk?   Answer Question