Wells Fargo Home Mortgage Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo Home Mortgage Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Wells Fargo

2.7

Home Mortgage Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume online after hearing about the position through my network. Called and scheduled a phone interview with a recruiter. It lasted about 25 minutes and the questions were scripted. Mostly they dealt with my previous experience and how it relates to the position. I received a call two days later to schedule a live interview for next week. This was my first phone interview, so I was a bit confused at first by the long silences until the recruiter explained that he was typing my answers. I was not used to answering questions without visual feedback, so I wasn't sure if I was giving enough information or not. I had to put that I did not receive an offer in order to submit this review, but the process is not over and I do expect to get an offer next week.

Interview Questions

• When you were working in retail sales, how did you promote your products?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Tempe, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

First contact is email, then they schedule phone interview that is just a screening which is a 30 min call, then you move on to first 1:1 interview with a sales supervisor then finally a third interview with sales manager. Interview style is mainly situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you had an impossible situation with the customer and how did you handle it and what was the resolution?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

short and to the point, manger was pleasant and wanted to know how I would fit, and help the company, they sort of didn't offer much in terms of helping with leads

Home Mortgage Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2017.

Interview

Submitted Resume, and they called me in for an interview. They were very courteous and tried to make me feel comfortable. First they have an HR phone interview and then they invite you to a panel interview. After the interview they take about a week to make a decision.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Did a great job selling the brand. I declined the offer, but was told by a employee that works there that they have phenomenal benefits and they really do what they can to take care of their employees. If they offered a base salary, the position would be more attractive in comparison to what else is in the marketplace.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Denver, CO) in February 2014.

Interview

3 phone interviews. Corporate, branch manager, and finally, are manager. Each stage is done separately and can take a while to get back to you. At the end of the interviews, you will get the thumbs up or down and the offer right after that.

Interview Questions

• What do you plan on doing to expand your business   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Palm Desert, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Palm Desert, CA).

Interview

Phone call, two office interviews. Real basic, asked manager what annual turnover rate was; he lied to me. Found out after accepting offer its a revolving door. Was with company and witnessed 130% turnover per year.

Interview Questions

• asked about mortgage experience.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Chicago, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

Not an extensive process - phone interview and face to face. Phone interview with a basic getting to know you, walk through resume and basic behavioral based questions. Face to face involved some additional behavioral based questions and I was asked to sell a pen to the interviewer. Was offered the job after the face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Highly behavioral based questions. For example, tell me about a time when something didn't go as planned on a project or school assignment?   Answer Question

Home Mortgage Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2016.

Interview

it was nice and took an hour interviewing me .made me feel relaxed, and questioned me about my past experience and why I want to work with wells fargo and how did I hear about the job,work experience, goal. knowledge about the industry, current trend, job profile and what all is required for the job, compensation, leaves, working hrs and days, weekly meeting, branch and areas to cover.Understand real estate appraisals, title reports, and real estate transactions
    Inform prospective and existing customers of WFHM programs, rates, policies, underwriting requirements, and loan procedures
    Analyze detailed financial and credit data, matching customer needs with an appropriate loan program and level of risk
    Receive customer applications, quote the rate and points, and complete follow-up activities with the registration lock-in
    Develop and maintain a high degree of visibility for WFHM in the marketplace
    Perform miscellaneous duties as needed and required

Interview Questions

• work experience, goal. knowledge about the industry, current trend   Answer Question

Home Mortgage Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

I met a recruiter at our university's career fair and was in contact with him for a week or two before we had a phone interview. The phone interview was fairly straight forward, and now I have an interview in Charlotte, NC. From what I gathered, the next interview will be with a panel of people, who I'm assuming are sales managers and maybe one HR person. I was told to come "prepared to talk about why I'm a good fir for the company"