Wells Fargo Home Preservation Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 16, 2017

2.6

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Des Moines, IA) in February 2017.

Interview

20 min phone interview where they will go over previous experience submitted or from your resume. I was asked about previous Customer Service experience as well as given an opportunity to include any other relevant experience. Also given a chance to ask any questions.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Wells Fargo?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Tempe, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

Was very easy. First I had a phone interview and than I was scheduled for a 30 min. interview with two VP from the department. Interview was pleasant and easy.

Not enough pay.

Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (West Des Moines, IA) in March 2016.

Interview

Talked to them at a college job fair and told me to apply online. I applied to over 25 positions and within 2 weeks of this i was called back for 6 positions. First step is the phone screening with someone not associated with the department. They just want to make sure you can talk to people and verify information on your resume and ask questions about things that are not unclear. About a week later i recieved a call back for a phone interview but insisted to come to the company to show my interest. Interviewed with 3 people in the department and i feel it went fairly well, they asked me probably 6 behavioral questions, talked about the position and allowed time at the end for me to ask them questions. Said i would hear back in the next 2 weeks. Durring the 2 weeks i interviewed with 3 other positions at wells fargo all went faily the same, same questions asked differently, same process. Was called back for the one i accepted (HPS2) and met with VP of Finanace. She asked me 5 questions and gave me an overview of the companies focus and more detail about day-to-day activities. She said i would hear back within a week but a hour after i was called back with an offer. It was a friday so i waitied to Tuesday to accept it. I also go a call back the same friday with a offer in a different department and on Monday for the other. I took time Monday to clearly think what i want it and chose HPS, hope it was the right choice. The process took probably 3 weeks total.

Interview Questions

• Give a time where your focus was on one task but your manager wanted you to shift focus on something else, how did you handle it and what was the outcome?

Give an example of a time you had to respond to an unhappy manager/customer/colleague?

Tell me about a time that you disagreed with a rule or approach?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Their is typically 2 interviews, one over the phone, you will speak to a hr rep that will gather basic information on your qualifications listed on your resume, if you they feel your qualified, they will send your resume to the hiring manager who will review your resume to determine if you will be a great candidate, if you are picked you will go in for a 2nd interview, the questions are your basic situation, task, action, result questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer, what was the situation and how did you handle it, and what were the results.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Antonio, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

applied directly to their website career section, first was contacted for a 1st phone interview with recruiter. 2nd in person interview with two managers that may be your direct manager, 3rd and final in person interview with level 3 manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Antonio, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

1. Phone Interview
    2. Face to Face Interview
    3.3rd interviews are common for positions paying 42k or more

Your face to face interview will be in a small conference room and 2 members of management are usually present. Make sure you are prepared to sell youself.

Wells Fargo does not have a strict policy on backgrounds at this large site and for this position in particular. Once you do your initial new hire drug test and background check, you are not asked for that information again for this position Other positions do require additional screening.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Antonio, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Initial phone screen followed by in-depth situational interview with reporting managing duo. The questions were geared towards scenarios you would encounter regularly in the role. Both individuals provided feedback and asked additional exploratory questions.

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Chandler, AZ) in April 2014.

Interview

It was a three part interview. The initial interview was to find out what skills you possessed that could be used in this role. The second interview was with a manager. This was more specific to see how you would handle situations on the phone. Thew third interview was with upper management and was the easiest. It was more of informal and was very conversational.

Anonymous Employee in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Sioux Falls, SD) in August 2013.

Interview

I had a phone interview for this position. Once I passed this, I received a call for an in person interview. I met with two managers who told me about the business and what the job entails. The managers were excellent at answering all of my questions. The process went quickly and we were all satisfied.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to be flexible and needed to switch priorities because something else came up?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not much room for negotiation besides your schedule.

Home Preservation Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

I was first contacted for a phone interview about two weeks after submitting my resumé. At the end of the phone interview, the HR guy let me know that someone would be calling me to schedule a face to face interview. I got the call about an hour later for an interview the next day. The interview went very well and I was scheduled for another interview two days later. At the end of the interview I was told I would be contacted within a week to let me know the results either way. Two weeks passed and I only heard back after calling them twice.

Interview Questions

• Knowing that 50% of people don't qualify for home preservation, how do you feel about having to notify people that they will not be able to remain in their home?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    • Some questions about modifications and preservation programs.   Answer Question