Wells Fargo Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 5, 2017

2.8

64 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Met with a recruiter during a career fair, and got an in-person interview the next day (behavioral interview). Talked about the details of the internship program and then asked basic STAR-type questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed on a project. How did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Interviewed on my college campus through campus recruiting. Interviews were kinda tough and I had two interviews back to back. Interviewers were very monotone and uninterested. Not the best interview experience.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

Very informal and relaxed. Interviewed by an HR rep. over the phone and then by the hiring manager. The questions were mostly behavioral based and the hiring manager was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when a project you worked on did not go according to plan?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Pretty much all behavioral. Team questions. Situation question - tell me about a time ___. What did you do? How did it turn out? My interviews were over the phone and then a few weeks later they notified me with an offer. Everyone I spoke to was friendly and answered all of my questions.

Interview Questions

• A time there was conflict among a team. What did you do, what role did you play in resolving it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

I got the interview through campus recruiting. It was an interview with two managers and they started off by explaining the overall program and asked me some questions, nothing too technical. It was more of a conversation, not very stressful interview. It was a fast process, but it took a while for them to get back to me for the result.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult team project you have worked on and how did you solve the difficulties?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in December 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with 5 questions about myself. I enjoyed that it was more of a conversation, where she commented on my answers for each question. She was very relatable and easy to talk with. It is likely that I got lucky with my interviewer. She was warm as soon as she picked up the phone.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult team project you have worked on and how did you solve the difficulties?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

I applied on their careers website and was contacted by a recruiter to set up interview time. There was only one interview over the phone with the hiring manager. The interview was completely behavioral questions and I received an offer one week later.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

Submitted my resume for their internship program and was contacted periodically to submit additional information and eventually schedule an interview. Was notified of the result in a timely manner, and the interview was done via phone.
    Interviewed with a manager, and she asked 4 structured questions - the interview was very laid back.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you used Excel to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2016.

Interview

The in person interview was rigid, technical and abrasive. When I was answering the questions I was interrupted multiple times and couldn't finish my complete answer. The two guys interviewing me also seemed to dismiss me as a candidate almost immediately after I started speaking.

Interview Questions

• If I gave you the three financial statements, get to EBITDA   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Phone interview for about 30 minutes, then an in person interview with about four different people who would cycle in. The second interview was at their office. There were several technical questions asked. Also they asked about each part of my resume and wanted to know how this would apply to the job. Overall a good experience, and a tough interview.

Interview Questions

• How does $10 of depreciation affect the 3 financial statements?   Answer Question