Wells Fargo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1,660 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Call Centre Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I applied online and was called for a phone interview. I was asked a lot of questions since I have a science background and decided to apply for a financial company, and she asked me the same question 3 times. I was asked about previous work experience and educational background.

Interview Questions

• If you have a science background, why do you want to work for this company?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Interview logistics were great. I was scheduled a flight and everything to go to headquarters to interview. Interviews with about six different managers. Didn't get position because I "seemed nervous in one of the interviews". I dont think that this was a valid reason. I received good feedback from the managers that I interviewed with. Overall being "nervous in one interview" shouldn't override the rest of the five interviews. Good luck!

Teller Interview

Interview

pretty basic, all the standard questions. they did not seem like they were present, very distracted by interruptions from other employees, said they were short staffed and that is why they needed to hire someone

Teller Interview

Interview

Everything went very well, but I think I didn't do well talking about my experience . My advise to ride more about other people experience, and how they did in their interview

Collector III Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Filled out application online. Took assessment test. Passed and they reached out for a phone interview. I was contacted through phone and email. The recruiter isn't even from your city. They will let you know what times they have and what time zone the interview will be in.

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Duluth, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Later that day received an email to complete assessment. The next day I received another email saying I have been chosen to complete participate in a group interview.
    My group interview was today. I was accompanied by 11 other individuals. The interviewer was very relaxed and friendly. We introduced ourselves then he asked only 4 questions. We took turns answer all the questions. The interview lasted for 2 1/2 hours.
    I now have to wait 7-10 days to hear if I move on to the next step, which is an interview with two branch managers.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with customer service? How many years? And have you dealt with difficult customers   Answer Question
    • Have you been employed somewhere where you had to promote products and services? For how long?   Answer Question
    • Do you have experience working with computers and multiple programs? For how long?   Answer Question
    • How much cash handling experience do you have?   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online and about 4 days later got the email to schedule the phone interview for next week. It was 20 mins window for the interview (11.00-11.20). Interviewer called at 11.17AM only asked 3 questions and said will get back within 3 business days... Never heard back.

Personal Banker II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Jersey City, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

First a phone interview with generic banking questions. Next an email asking dates and times that would be good for a F2F interview at a different location than the one for which I applied. After choosing the date and time, the branch manager from the branch in which I had applied called me to introduce herself and let me know that she was going to send me an email with more details regarding the interview. The email explained what to expect and how to prepare. Went to the F2F interview and met with the branch manager who had called me and another branch manager. The questions were, once again, very generic. Basic knowledge of sales is required along with some questions around ethics. One of the managers was warm and friendly and the other appeared to be distracted because of a situation that was going on in the branch while I was interviewing. At the end of the interview, the friendly manger gave me her card and encouraged me to call with questions. The other manager gave me the "kiss of death" at the end by saying "We still have more candidates that we are going to interview. This was on a Tuesday. By Friday afternoon I was send a generic email from AR letting me know that I was not selected. It was a very sterile and cold environment and I have a feeling that I dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry customer?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you has to coach a colleague?   Answer Question
    • At your last job were you ever in a situation where you witnessed unethical behavior and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online
    Received email to schedule a phone interview
    After phone interview (20mins) was told to wait 3-5 days if interested , they would call to set up interview at branch. Went to interview at the branch office and was told to wait 1 week for a call. Currently waiting

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online after that had to do a screening. You have to pass the screening to be considered for an group interview. After passing the screening I was able to chose the dates the had available for the group interview. After the group I had another interview with the service manager and the branch manager. I am still waiting for the outcome.

Interview Questions

• Tell a time that you was wrong. How did you take ownership for your mistake? What was the outcome?   Answer Question