Wells Fargo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

5,103 Interview Reviews

2.8

5,103 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

So you apply to all the job postings that you want online wellsfargo.com/careers. You have to make an account and apply for each job post individually. Then you get an email to do a screening. It's a bunch of random aptitude questions. Then you'll get a choice as to when you would like to attend a group interview. This is for your entire metropolitan area. You interview with a recruiting officer. The group interview is about 2 hours long. You have to apply for all the job postings you want online again. Then you'll get an email telling you you can come for another interview-it is either one on one or another group interview. Or you'll get one saying they chose to go a different direction. If you get the former you'll go to a group interview-at least in my case- with a hiring panel. It has the district manager, and the managers at all the stores that have openings in the area. They'll ask you questions. Then at that point they write what they like about you and send it to recruitment who then makes the final decisions. Then the recruiting officer will either call you or email you telling you if you got the job. But careful, then you have to do an online application, set up a date for a fingerprint analysis, then the background check officialpy starts which could take a while. The. After that clears it's another week or two until you go into 2 weeks of mandatory 8-5 training. All in all the hiring process is about 6-8 weeks. It's long for an entry level job.

Tips- you don't have to be the first one to answer all of the questions but try to be the third or forth, because sometimes they'll skip to the next question for the sake of time
    Smile: look the interviewer straight in the eye and smile and make eye contact even when they're talking to the whole group.
    Dress: Dress better then you think you should. Wear a suit. For girls a blazer and work pants is perfect. They should be wrinkle free and ironed. Stick with neutral colors and minimal makeup. Girls don't ever wear bold lipstick to an interview it's just not appropriate. And no chipped nail polish. Guys- if you wear a suit don't wear a black tie- it's only appropriate for funerals and weddings. Make sure your socks don't show and your tie should match your shirt.
    Sales- what they're looking for the most is cash experience and sales experience. And people who can learn quickly and easily. Extra friendly is the key word here. They also have customer satisfaction surveys so if you're not great with customers it might not be the right fit.

Interview Questions

• Whats a time you've overcome an obstacle? what did you learn?   9 Answers
    • Whens a time you've dealt with a difficult customer? How did you retain them?   5 Answers
    • Name a professional achievement. What did you learn about yourself?   7 Answers
    • We find coachability very important. Whens a time you'd say you learned a task quickly and effectively   2 Answers
    • Tell us about a personal sales goal. MOST IMPORTANT   2 Answers

Negotiation

Sometimes with tellers you'll have to mark both part time and full time because they have more part time positions available- but it could lead to full time. Just be prepared that it could be part time they're offering you. I got
    A part time of 24 hours a week.

Bank Teller Interview

Interview

First group interview in the corporation with the hiring manager
    Second branch manager interview at the branch with service manager, teller manager and branch manager
    Go through trainings and everything else to get prepared
    Waited for couple weeks and finally get this call that I was hired

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for Wells Fargo   1 Answer

Collector III Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Filled out application online. Took assessment test. Passed and they reached out for a phone interview. I was contacted through phone and email. The recruiter isn't even from your city. They will let you know what times they have and what time zone the interview will be in.

Leadership Pipeline Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

The interview process is largely focused on soft skills, culture, etc. Lots of "tell me about a time" questions. Once you have made it through the first interview, then they choose the office that you would work at and you go to interview there. That interview is more specific to the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult team member   Answer Question

Home Mortgage Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

short and to the point, manger was pleasant and wanted to know how I would fit, and help the company, they sort of didn't offer much in terms of helping with leads

Information Technology Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Applied through my college career board. Was selected for an on campus interview. I interviewed with an Human Resources representative and two IT people (one systems analyst one app developer). My interview was their last of the day so it was more laid back and less stressful. Most of the questions asked were situational and IT related.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time a new technological innovation caused you to have to change the way you were doing things.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to gather information from multiple sources in order to complete a project   Answer Question

Phone Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

The process is REALLY easy. Its a group interview to start. STILL treat it as if its one on one. Follow directions and direct answers to her. After that I recieved an email to come in the next day for a 1 on 1 pretty badic call center interview questions and the next day I was getting an offer

Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Initial home screening, in person first round and then second round interviews. Interviewers had standard questions to ask, typically interview questions. I believe they use the same questions / evaluation forms for everyone.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

A management and a senior platform employee sat down with me and read the script of required questions. Prior research on the hiring process was useful in preparing for this interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation in which you had an unhappy customer, what did you do to find a good outcome.   Answer Question

Technology Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

There were no technical questions. They mostly asked about my past projects and behavioral questions. Questions like "How did you handle a problematic team member?" It was a very friendly interview with one member of their security team and one member of their application development team.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a problematic team member? How did you solve an unexpected problem in a project?   Answer Question