Wells Fargo Banking Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1,293 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Phone Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

The interviewing and hiring process was quick. Once you complete your assessment, you set up a group interview if you do well on the group interview you have a face to face interview. Pretty easy, they ask behavioral questions mostly.

Interview Questions

• Name a goal you had to accomplish and how did you accomplish it.   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

It was a group interview where everyone introduced themselves and their past work experience. After that, everyone had a turn answering the same question. If you made it past the group interview, you had a interview with the bank manager at the location you requested.

Interview Questions

• what previous experience do you have hitting sales goals?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Interview

Never happened because I was immediately rejected 2 days after I applied online. I've applied to be a bank teller after getting my bachelors and working at Morgan Stanley and I've been rejected multiple times. I do not understand this system, am I too educated for them? Blows my mind.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pico, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Pico, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online, within two days I was approved for a screening. A week later I was scheduled for a group interview which went very well. Five business days went by and I received a call for a one-on-one interview.

Interview Questions

• Past experiences: Recall a time you had an objective to take care but something else came up but your job was accomplished   Answer Question

Phone Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

Firstly introductions, and background as a customer or service oriented executive. Group interview, follows, which will take the majority of an hour or more, depending how well the team is answering on all four to five questions. Then the benefits of being the company will be presented. Ending with Q&A.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenging position you were put through by a customer, and how did you handle it.   1 Answer
    • Computer skills, and managing from one application to other. How good you will rate yourself?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Torrance, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I interview for Wellsfargo and it took about a month process. I have previously applied, so the assessment to getting a phone interview was easy. The first time I applied I did not do so well on the phone interview, and quickly told me that I needed more experience. While the second time I applied the phone interview was very rushed, only asked two questions and said that I would hear back from them. A week later I got an another call from them on a Friday and they asked me to come in for an interview on the upcoming Monday. The interview was with two managers and they took turns asking questions. There was about 6-7 questions. I do not remember it all, only the ones that stood out to me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Tell me about a time when I had a difficult customer? How did I handle it?
      Tell me about a mistake you made and did you tell the manager? What happened after?
      Where did you see yourself in 10 years?
      What are your goals?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

First had a phone interview which was exclusively only behavioral questions. SuperDay was three weeks later, which consisted of networking sessions and two back-to-back interviews. They definitely do good cop/bad cop in the interviews so be prepared to engage with both interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through the 4 valuation methods and which is your least favorite? Why Wells Fargo? How are financial statements connected? Walk me through how this particular transaction effects the cash flow statement.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Odessa, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Odessa, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online
    Took Assesment
    Passed Assesment
    2 days after phone interview
    3 days after interview with branch manager
    No offer
    Horrible interview
    I was not Mexican
    I didnt know spanish
    And they were looking me very insultive
    If you apply at South Texas cities
    Make sure you are Mexican and speak spanish !
    Interviewer Elsa was very racist

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time that you made a mistake and how did you correct it ?   1 Answer
    • When was the time that you challenged with a customer who doesnt know about product and how did you spesify the product and what did you do ?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2017.

Interview

it was quick and I felt rushed, and I felt the question I was asked had nothing to do with the position I was applying for. I will learn more knowledge to be better prepared for the interview next time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McKinney, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (McKinney, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied through online and have to answer background education questions. It takes 30min -1h. You will get application received an email. 1 week later, they will send you the email regarding the phone interview. I was excited how it goes faster. I scheduled to have the phone interview following week. The phone interview went extremely fast. I felt like I was talking to the robot but not human. I can tell that they scheduled so many applicants to interview each day.