Wells Fargo Business Systems Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 24, 2017

2.8

30 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Mid April, HR phone screen followed by Manager and 2 reports phone interview (20th or so of April), did well - heard good answer from team, felt good, then within week had second interview scheduled, wasn't as good as first, 2 other business partners, they seemed more trying to get under skin, and I kept calm, but wasn't as good as first interview (end of April). I sent a follow up thank you email within a few days to hiring manager reiterating my interest and fit for position (beginning of May). Heard back immediately that mgr was going to discuss with HR by end of week, (first week in May). Now in first week in June, still show up as Interview in system. I should let it go, but was wondering if anyone may have gotten a job as maybe second backup candidate heading towards 8 weeks, maybe possibly manager pushing into a new quarter for hire, so they have longer to make certain required deadlines for MRAs?? So I am not out totally (it doesn't say Withdrawn or Declined), but obviously at this stage, really cannot expect that will get a greenlight.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had a difficult customer, what did you do? Other usual behavioral questions about past roles and how you did a great job.   1 Answer

Interview

First started with an online application. Recruiter reached out with an additional skills questionnaire to be completed. This was succeeded by two rounds of interview with the hiring manager. The entire process took about 4 weeks with an online activity indicating the status of the application in every stage.

Interview Questions

• Mainly behavioral questions relating to the relevant skills and experience   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very smooth and professional. Presented with the details of the offer in writing and the entire process was very transparent.

Business Systems Consultant IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

Process took a little under 4 weeks; I applied online on 12/12, had my first interview with a recruiter on 12/21, was called on 12/22 to set up second interview with hiring manager. Had my interview with two hiring managers on 12/28, was offered the job on 1/3. Overall it was painless experience and followed the typical STAR method, while also including responsibilities required for the position. With preparation and research, it made the interview flow.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

it was no very long. i got direct one one interview call. they were more interested in knowing how i handeled data in prevvious project . they just asked few jira and sql questions .

Interview Questions

• what have yo done in previous company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was very straight forward and basic for a business analyst. They asked almost all behavioral questions and very little technical questions. I don't have anything else to say for this interview. I had a very good experience interviewing for them.

Interview Questions

• What do you think makes a good requirement?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2016.

Interview

Screening phone interview with HR, interview with hiring manager, 2nd interview with 2 peers. All of the questions were standard ones set by HR to be used for all interviews for the position; the hiring manager chose questions from the approved list.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions geared at past performance - tell me about a time when you needed to balance multiple priorities, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with the HR recruiter with basic questions and then interviewed with who would be my direct supervisor. Again questions were fairly standard "tell me about a time when ..." I then briefly interviewed with who would be my business contact.

Overall very informal and standard.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you gathered requirements and the process you took.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Des Moines, IA) in March 2016.

Interview

Spoke with subordinates of manager. Basic STAR questions. Was challenging but nothing that you couldn't answer based on the experience and qualifications required. They asked if you have experience in the technologies they used.

Interview Questions

• Describe a problem you faced and what you did to resolve.   Answer Question

Interview

Talked to three managers and was hired the next day. Overall process took about 2 weeks and they were in a rush to fill the position. I was a contractor however the process was a lot easier for me than for others.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

It was quite hard. Most of the questions were related to my experience and my responsibilities on my old position as a Systems Support Analyst II.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you needed to apply your organizational skills.
      Tell me about a situation where you needed to apply your organizational skills.   1 Answer