Wells Fargo Commercial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

52 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Analyst Program- Commercial Real Estate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through campus career center.
    Was asked basic behavioral questions plus some accounting and real estate analysis questions. Was asked to describe the financial statements and to identify factors that are important to analyze when considering a commercial property.
    Interview took about 25 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe each of the financial statements to me as if I was a child   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

applied through school's career website + first round on campus interview (rotational with commercial banking and commercial real estate groups) + final round (super day) with the commercial banking group in their SJ office

Interview Questions

• 3statements; typical behavioral questions; talk about the financial markets; how do you analyze a company's credit risk   Answer Question

Commercial Banking Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

They asked very standard questions that tested for fit and basic financial knowledge. The first round interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. Overall it was a good experience and very similar to interviews conducted by other companies.

Interview Questions

• Describe the three financial statements to someone with no financial background.   Answer Question

Commercial Lines Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was over the phone with two people from Wells Fargo. They described the position, working for Wells Fargo and then asked me questions. Most questions were behavioral questions. They asked if I had any questions, we discussed benefits and the annual review process. We also discussed future training and licensing.

Interview Questions

• If I am working on a project that needs to be done immediately and someone else brings me something how would I handle it   1 Answer

Salary was too low

Commercial Banking Financial Analyst Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through my school in September for a position in St. Louis for the upcoming January. A fairly easy application process. Just had to send in my resume from Saint Louis University's job posting board. I heard back within a month, after the application had closed and had to pick a time slot for my interview which was held on campus.

Interview Questions

• What are the three financial statements? Explain them to someone who doesn't know anything about financial terms.   Answer Question
    • If you didn't have a company's financial statements what else would you base their loan possibility off of?   Answer Question
    • If you were a CEO and wanted to grow your company would you increase your debt or grow your equity. How would you go about that? Which scenario would the opposite case be the best route   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase

Financial Analyst, Commercial Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Champaign, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Two on one interview. They were very normal and just wanted to get to know you. Laid out the interview process from the beginning. Started with telling them about their positions, then tell me about yourself/ why wells fargo, a few behavioral that were situational based, asked some with technical finance questions in order to test your business knowledge/ acumen and left a lot of time for questions.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about yourself.

Q: Why Wells Fargo.

Q: If you were looking to increase a company's equity given their financial statements, where would you look?

Q: Explain the financial statements.   Answer Question

Commercial Real Estate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Berkeley, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

It was a 30 minute interview, and it was clear that the interview in its entirety centralized the completion of a standardized Wells Fargo interview worksheet. The guy was relaxed. Basically just filled out the worksheet and then asked if I had any questions. Overall, it was a fairly easy interview, as long as you review basic financial statement and leverage basics.

Commercial Real Estate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Interviewed by two analysts asking mainly fit questions as well as two accounting questions.They also asked why real estate. The main points they were trying to get at were to see if I would fit in with the team.

Commercial Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Reading, PA).

Interview

Submitted my resume and cover letter online through the website as well as my university.
    Took up to a month to hear back from them and then had a phone interview with the Commercial Banking Manager.
    Be prepared to talk about financial markets and how they affect us.

Besides the questions below all the other questions were behavioral and surrounded your resume and past experiences working in groups / projects. Talk about them!

Interview Questions

• Describe a project you think will be related to the work you will do at Wells Fargo.   Answer Question
    • How do you keep up with financial markets?   Answer Question
    • Was there a time when you started a project and the projects' specifications changed midway?   Answer Question
    • What is a recent economic event that you think will impact us here locally?   Answer Question

Commercial Banking Analyst Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (College Park, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

Process took about 2 weeks. I applied through my universities career center and was invited for an on-campus interview. Interview too about 30 minutes. Most of the questions the interviewer asked was behavioral. The first portion of the interview was the interviewer asking behavioral and 2 technical questions and the second part of the interview consisted of a more casual conversation. Not very technical but you should still have a good grasp on the basics.

Interview Questions

• Explain the 3 financial statements as if I didn't have a financial background   Answer Question