Wells Fargo Commercial Lending Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo Commercial Lending Interview Questions

Commercial Lending Analyst Interview

Interview

first round interview on school campus, second round in the office for super day that lasted about three hours. Nothing too difficult, know basic accounting principles. They have pre formatted questions from HR that they are required to ask which are the basic accounting questions. Also asked some behavioral questions like "tell me about a time..."

Interview Questions

• Basic accounting questions:
      -what does EBITA stand for
      -how are the three financial statements linked
      -if you were to use one financial statement which would you use
      -what is the formula for DSCR
      1 Answer

Commercial Lending Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Had an on-campus interview which consisted of behavioral and technical questions. Was called in to have interviews at the company the following week. At the company, there were 8 interviews each 30 minutes long and consisted again of both technical and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• How do the three financial statements relate to each other and which one would you look at if you only had to choose one?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

They invited me to a preinterview dinner the night before. Most of the interviewers were there, and they just talked to us about the company. A lot of fellow participants asked them about interview questions and they simply told us the answer (what's the most important financial statement? ans: cash flow).

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions. But make sure to ask good questions. And if they ask you about which financial statement is the most important when making an assessment, the answer is cash flow statement.   1 Answer

Summer Financial Analyst Commercial and Corporate Lending Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Champaign, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting, interviewed on campus. Interviewer was a high-level guy at Wells and seemed to be above interviewing (and he clearly knew it). Relaxed to the point of being unprofessional. He also clearly did not know anything about the summer analyst program and didn't know how to answer my questions about it. Didn't really know what to make of the situation - pretty odd. Questions ranged from the typical "tell me about yourself" to a weird technical question "what's your favorite financial statement" to "tell me about an issue in the news that affects the economy." It's hard to gauge what they're looking for - both from the questions and from the interviewer's lack of response and engagement. Two days later, received a standard form rejection e-mail from Wells' sever that wasn't even personally addressed to me and didn't even have the position I had interviewed for. Overall a very bad, unclear, and impersonal process. Bad vibes from the beginning. Had I gotten an offer, I definitely would not have accepted.

Financial Analyst Summer Internship-Commercial Lending Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Diego, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Received an interview through my university's career services office. I was interviewed by two employees who were not HR personnel and were giving their first interviews. They started with basic behavioral questions about obstacles overcome and the like. Later moved to technical questions about balance sheets items and how to evaluate a potential lending customer. Finally, they asked for a current financial crisis occurring and ask specifics to tell if you understand it. One interviewer asked a majority of the questions while the other took notes.

Interview Questions

• While discussing the three items from financial statements that a lender would want to look at, they asked what other things(non-financials) might you want to review of the customer.   1 Answer

Commercial Lending Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Sacramento, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

Honestly this was the worst interview I've ever had. I've gone through countless interviews since graduation but never had I had someone been so rude and unhelpful. I felt like I was consistently being attacked when I said something he did not agree with.

Interview Questions

• How do you analyze whether a manufacturing company will have the competency to pay back a 85$ million dollar loan for a merchandise purchase they believe will make them profitable?   1 Answer