Wells Fargo Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 22, 2017

2.9

250 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Phone behavior interview where you are scenario based question about preview experiences. Each question covers something related to the job description. You receive a call based on whether your response fit their culture.

Financial Analyst Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Applied online and several weeks later, I received an email from HR and the Hiring Manager for phone interviews. HR will ask 3 behavioral questions, why the program, and if you have any prior examples of analysis abilities. Questions you're asked will differ from what you see on this site, but may see 1 or 2 of them.

Interview Questions

• 1) Time when the scope of a project changed halfway what you did as a result

2) Time you made a minor error on an assignment and what you did to correct it

3) Time you missed a deadline and why.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Back-to-back interviews with members of office with different levels of seniority. One at analyst level, one at relationship manager/portfolio manager level, one with Loan Team Lead (office level approver), and one at SVP level.

Summer Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2017.

Interview

Applied Online during the summer and had a phone interview with the vice president from Commercial Real Estate division. It was for the Junior Diversity Forum. Had 5 interview with each businesses.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe three financial statements to a person with no finance background?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2017.

Interview

Took about a week for a recruiter to contact me via email to set up a phone interview. The interview was short and pretty straight forward, recruiter basically explained the program and then asked 3 behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to stop midway through a project and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you didn't meet a deadline?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you made a mistake(s) in your work and what did you do?   Answer Question

Corporate Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

On-campus recruiting. Submitted my resume online. Got first round. Easy questions. I believe I did not get invited to a Superday because I lacked prior finance experience. Pretty personable interviewer though.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

I received a phone interview two days after I went through the online application. She asked my visa status, and then reject me because they do not sponsor any type of visa.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Had a pre-interview reception the night before. Interview was mostly just fit questions. Walk me through your resume, etc. They were really bad about getting back to me about decisions. They actually haven't yet, I only know because I have a friend there.

Summer Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

On-campus interview
    5, 30 minute 1-on-1 interviews (Analysts, VP, Director)

I applied through campus recruiting for the Corporate Banking - Consumer & Retail Group. I had an on-campus interview and heard back in about a week. I then had a second round interview at their office in Philadelphia with 5 members of the team.

Interview Questions

• Describe the 3 financial statements and how they interact.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Santa Rosa, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

One phone interview and one in person panel interview. The phone interview was about 30 minutes and the in person interview was 3 hours long. Phone interview was basic behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when started a task but the circumstances changed. How did you proceed with the task?   Answer Question