Wells Fargo Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 15, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The day started with a one-hour writing exam that was a case study. And then a rotation of four interviews either one on one or panel type. The questions were mostly behavior based with some technical (accounting) questions. The questions are a regurgitation of what is already posted on this site. Really go over the basics of accounting.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your deadline was significantly moved up.   Answer Question
    • If accounts receivable goes up how does this affect cash flow?   Answer Question

Interview

Really long process for full-time position. Had 7+ phone calls, standard technical questions and why this group, why banking, really have your story down. Super day in New York, about 5 more interviews with 10 other people. In the end they wanted someone with previous banking experience.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

On campus interview - what do you think the role entails? Why financial analyst and not investment banking? The interviewer was kind, but tried to be intimidating. Just know what the role is and know basic accounting questions and you will do fine. Financial analyst role I applied for was pretty much a credit analyst position.

Interview Questions

• what do you think the role entails? Why financial analyst and not investment banking? How are the three financial statements linked?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

The had an interview on campus and then had me drive down to LA to do 5 30 minute interviews and a 1 hour writing test. The interview on campus had two finance questions and the rest were background questions about myself.

Interview Questions

• Give a definition of the balance sheet, income statement, and statement of cash flows.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Winston-Salem, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

I submitted my application and heard back from Wells Fargo pretty quickly. They scheduled an in-person interview at my University. I met with two interviewers the day of the interview. The interview only lasted around 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe the three financial statements. (income statement, cash flow, balance sheet)   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Program Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

1 phone interview, 1 super day interview in person (including individual interviews and panel interviews); Mostly behavioral questions on leadership experiences and tie management . easy technical questions with 1 or 2 made to have you think a little harder

Interview Questions

• What are the pros and cons of debt and equity and which one is more expensive?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about something that happened in the news and how this affected the financial markets   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Santa Monica, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online as well as had an employee referral. The process from HR pre-screen interview to offer was 3.5 weeks. They had me do a case study and offered me the position via phone call once completed.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your previous job?
      What attracts you to this position?
      Describe a time when you were stressed and how you worked through the situation?
      What are ways that a publicly held company raise funds?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

Overall quick and efficient, with direct access to HR professionals. I first had an on-campus interview, then a phone interview with a separate division, and finally a full day of interviews in North Carolina. Heard of a decision within 7 business days.

Interview Questions

• Please describe what you would expect to see on a balance sheet?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-Negotiable

Summer Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Pretty good experience! First interview was completely behavioral and it was over the phone, around 30 minutes long --standard. The second also had a good amount of behavioral but did contain a couple of technical questions. The in-person interview had two people asking questions, and the interviews were quick and to the point. Heavy focus on why Wells Fargo and why this particular line of business

Interview Questions

• Aside from looking at the three financial statements, how would you evaluate whether or not to make a loan to a pizza shop?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

-The Written application was 1 day only (basic)
    -Phone interview (45 minutes) (Resume, Behavioral, Technical)
    -Super day (5 30 minute interviews & 1 written assessment) Written assessment is judged on ability and content