Wells Fargo Full Time Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,446 Interview Reviews

2.6

1,446 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

So you apply to all the job postings that you want online wellsfargo.com/careers. You have to make an account and apply for each job post individually. Then you get an email to do a screening. It's a bunch of random aptitude questions. Then you'll get a choice as to when you would like to attend a group interview. This is for your entire metropolitan area. You interview with a recruiting officer. The group interview is about 2 hours long. You have to apply for all the job postings you want online again. Then you'll get an email telling you you can come for another interview-it is either one on one or another group interview. Or you'll get one saying they chose to go a different direction. If you get the former you'll go to a group interview-at least in my case- with a hiring panel. It has the district manager, and the managers at all the stores that have openings in the area. They'll ask you questions. Then at that point they write what they like about you and send it to recruitment who then makes the final decisions. Then the recruiting officer will either call you or email you telling you if you got the job. But careful, then you have to do an online application, set up a date for a fingerprint analysis, then the background check officialpy starts which could take a while. The. After that clears it's another week or two until you go into 2 weeks of mandatory 8-5 training. All in all the hiring process is about 6-8 weeks. It's long for an entry level job.

Tips- you don't have to be the first one to answer all of the questions but try to be the third or forth, because sometimes they'll skip to the next question for the sake of time
    Smile: look the interviewer straight in the eye and smile and make eye contact even when they're talking to the whole group.
    Dress: Dress better then you think you should. Wear a suit. For girls a blazer and work pants is perfect. They should be wrinkle free and ironed. Stick with neutral colors and minimal makeup. Girls don't ever wear bold lipstick to an interview it's just not appropriate. And no chipped nail polish. Guys- if you wear a suit don't wear a black tie- it's only appropriate for funerals and weddings. Make sure your socks don't show and your tie should match your shirt.
    Sales- what they're looking for the most is cash experience and sales experience. And people who can learn quickly and easily. Extra friendly is the key word here. They also have customer satisfaction surveys so if you're not great with customers it might not be the right fit.

Interview Questions

• Whats a time you've overcome an obstacle? what did you learn?   9 Answers
    • Whens a time you've dealt with a difficult customer? How did you retain them?   5 Answers
    • Name a professional achievement. What did you learn about yourself?   7 Answers
    • We find coachability very important. Whens a time you'd say you learned a task quickly and effectively   2 Answers
    • Tell us about a personal sales goal. MOST IMPORTANT   2 Answers

Negotiation

Sometimes with tellers you'll have to mark both part time and full time because they have more part time positions available- but it could lead to full time. Just be prepared that it could be part time they're offering you. I got
    A part time of 24 hours a week.

Teller Interview

Interview

pretty basic, all the standard questions. they did not seem like they were present, very distracted by interruptions from other employees, said they were short staffed and that is why they needed to hire someone

Teller Interview

Interview

Everything went very well, but I think I didn't do well talking about my experience . My advise to ride more about other people experience, and how they did in their interview

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Duluth, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Later that day received an email to complete assessment. The next day I received another email saying I have been chosen to complete participate in a group interview.
    My group interview was today. I was accompanied by 11 other individuals. The interviewer was very relaxed and friendly. We introduced ourselves then he asked only 4 questions. We took turns answer all the questions. The interview lasted for 2 1/2 hours.
    I now have to wait 7-10 days to hear if I move on to the next step, which is an interview with two branch managers.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with customer service? How many years? And have you dealt with difficult customers   Answer Question
    • Have you been employed somewhere where you had to promote products and services? For how long?   Answer Question
    • Do you have experience working with computers and multiple programs? For how long?   Answer Question
    • How much cash handling experience do you have?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online and about 4 days later got the email to schedule the phone interview for next week. It was 20 mins window for the interview (11.00-11.20). Interviewer called at 11.17AM only asked 3 questions and said will get back within 3 business days... Never heard back.

Bank Teller Interview

Interview

They asked a lot of questions about math and customer service. It was fairly simple even a pigeon could ace the interview. I spoke with one of the branch managers.

Anonymous Employee in East Flagstaff, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (East Flagstaff, AZ).

Interview

First there is a phone interview with a recruiter. Once you have completed this interview, you will get a call back from the recruiter whether you got the job or not letting you know. Then the recruiter sets up a in person interview with the branch and service managers.

Interview Questions

• Asked about various experience from resume and from things they are looking for.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Interview

Had 3 Interviews - group interview, branch manager interview, district manager interview. Group interview was very basic - looking for customer service experience and decent personality. Branch manager interview was ok - asks basic interview questions. District manager interview felt more like a pay/location placement negotiation.

Bank Teller Interview

Interview

First group interview in the corporation with the hiring manager
    Second branch manager interview at the branch with service manager, teller manager and branch manager
    Go through trainings and everything else to get prepared
    Waited for couple weeks and finally get this call that I was hired

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for Wells Fargo   1 Answer

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Group setting interview inside of the bank. We were asked to stand in front of a group of 20+ people to answer our interview questions and had about to 1 hour introduction to the company goals and policies

Interview Questions

• How many years of experience with cash handling do you have? How proficient are you in computer programs?   Answer Question