Wells Fargo Teller Part Time Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,495 Interview Reviews

2.6

1,495 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

So you apply to all the job postings that you want online wellsfargo.com/careers. You have to make an account and apply for each job post individually. Then you get an email to do a screening. It's a bunch of random aptitude questions. Then you'll get a choice as to when you would like to attend a group interview. This is for your entire metropolitan area. You interview with a recruiting officer. The group interview is about 2 hours long. You have to apply for all the job postings you want online again. Then you'll get an email telling you you can come for another interview-it is either one on one or another group interview. Or you'll get one saying they chose to go a different direction. If you get the former you'll go to a group interview-at least in my case- with a hiring panel. It has the district manager, and the managers at all the stores that have openings in the area. They'll ask you questions. Then at that point they write what they like about you and send it to recruitment who then makes the final decisions. Then the recruiting officer will either call you or email you telling you if you got the job. But careful, then you have to do an online application, set up a date for a fingerprint analysis, then the background check officialpy starts which could take a while. The. After that clears it's another week or two until you go into 2 weeks of mandatory 8-5 training. All in all the hiring process is about 6-8 weeks. It's long for an entry level job.

Tips- you don't have to be the first one to answer all of the questions but try to be the third or forth, because sometimes they'll skip to the next question for the sake of time
    Smile: look the interviewer straight in the eye and smile and make eye contact even when they're talking to the whole group.
    Dress: Dress better then you think you should. Wear a suit. For girls a blazer and work pants is perfect. They should be wrinkle free and ironed. Stick with neutral colors and minimal makeup. Girls don't ever wear bold lipstick to an interview it's just not appropriate. And no chipped nail polish. Guys- if you wear a suit don't wear a black tie- it's only appropriate for funerals and weddings. Make sure your socks don't show and your tie should match your shirt.
    Sales- what they're looking for the most is cash experience and sales experience. And people who can learn quickly and easily. Extra friendly is the key word here. They also have customer satisfaction surveys so if you're not great with customers it might not be the right fit.

Interview Questions

• Whats a time you've overcome an obstacle? what did you learn?   9 Answers
    • Whens a time you've dealt with a difficult customer? How did you retain them?   5 Answers
    • Name a professional achievement. What did you learn about yourself?   7 Answers
    • We find coachability very important. Whens a time you'd say you learned a task quickly and effectively   2 Answers
    • Tell us about a personal sales goal. MOST IMPORTANT   2 Answers

Negotiation

Sometimes with tellers you'll have to mark both part time and full time because they have more part time positions available- but it could lead to full time. Just be prepared that it could be part time they're offering you. I got
    A part time of 24 hours a week.

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Group interview by HR recruiter, very relaxed and comfortable enviroment. Wewere first asked to introduce ourselves. Afer that a question was asked and you raised your hand to answer the question.

Interview Questions

• how would you deal with an irate customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pico, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Pico, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online, within two days I was approved for a screening. A week later I was scheduled for a group interview which went very well. Five business days went by and I received a call for a one-on-one interview.

Interview Questions

• Past experiences: Recall a time you had an objective to take care but something else came up but your job was accomplished   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Interview

I applied online then received a spot for a phone interview after completing an online assessment about previous work experience. After passing the phone interview and I got to interview with the branch managers at the bank.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to have integrity during your job when it wasn't easy to do.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

I interviewed an, did not pass the screening questions I would presume. I received an email promptly like a day later saying I did not meet the qualifications. Probably not hard for others just did not accept the experience that I provided on my resume, So someone with more direct experience in ccash handling should be able to snag it with no problems. I applied online, then you do screening, if you pass that they should call you

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

They took about two weeks to get back to me. I did a phone screen and face to face interview. They want you to be very detailed with your answers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced a difficult customer. how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Applied online, a recruiter reached out and interviewed me. Sent me to two different locations to interview once i was recommended for hire by a manager a high level manager reached out and conducted a phone interview and then the recruiter reached out again with an offer.

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

They have you apply online. Will send you and email for a phone interview. The phone interview is just them screening and making sure that you are qualified for the job. The branch then called and had me schedule and in person interview.

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Lakeland, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied and recieved an email about the dates and times I would schedule a phone interview. Beware that it takes several tries (weeks) to get a interview time. I finally recieved a time for a phone interview, I thought sweet! I was scheduled to have one on July 19th at 11:00am a time that I picked. Well guess what? I never received the interview call. It was 19 minutes past 11:00 when I emailed to see if I was suppose to go in or if there was trouble. I received and email back saying that they were behind on calls and someone would be calling me shortly. I had another appointment to be at so I asked them if they could just reschedule the interview for another day. I was really interested in the position. A few hours later I reveieved an email saying they emailed my resume to a recruiter and they would calling me. Then about an hour later I get am email saying thanks but theyre going wirh candidates with kore experience. What?! I get home from my appointment and I see I have a voicemail waiting. I received a message from a recruiter who said she was confused because she called me this morning and we got disconnected and said if I was still interested in the positon to give her a call back. By this time it was after business hours but I still called her so she was able to recieve my message first thing in the morning when she got into the office. I told her she must have dialed the wrong number because I never spoke with her and it wasn't me who she spoke with earlier in the day. I told her I was still interested in the position, and to return my call so we can reschedule the phone interview. Waiting for her call the next day I saw it was getting late, so I called her. She was out of the office the rest of the week and she never responded to my voicemail. I find it ridiculous and extremely unprofessional that they reject interviewing me because of their error. I thought it would a great company to work for but I guess not.

Lead Teller Interview

Interview

Phone interview. Applied, took a couple of weeks, then was sent an email to pick a time for a phone interview. On the day and time someone from wells fargo will call you and ask many customer service questions. Then will let you know in a week if you moved on to the next step.