Wells Fargo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

5,103 Interview Reviews

2.8

Business Process Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

My resume was submitted through a staffing agency so I first had several interviews with the staffing agency before a one on one interview with my manager. The interview was very relaxed and informal.

Interview Questions

• Given your lack of experience in this industry (financial), what value do you bring?   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Interview

First group interview in the corporation with the hiring manager
    Second branch manager interview at the branch with service manager, teller manager and branch manager
    Go through trainings and everything else to get prepared
    Waited for couple weeks and finally get this call that I was hired

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for Wells Fargo   1 Answer

IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (South San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

A technical interview by two tech leads and later, a personality interview by the director.

Wells Fargo indicated that I had passed all interviews and needed just one more short "getting to know you" interview with upper management. That person never participated in the phone call. Rather, they ambushed me with yet another 45-minute technical and personality interview and asked me to defend the one negative comment on me they managed to dig up.

The next day, they told the recruiter that they no longer had the budget for the position.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a staff member does not pull his weight?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Springs, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Palm Springs, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied long distance, WF accommodated me via phone interview. Three days after the phone interview I got an offer. I think they have changed process, now a candidate will review an over the phone interview, followed by a group interview or interview with a branch manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a courageous action you have taken in your life.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2015.

Interview

There was a group interview and then an in-person interview. The process was quick! Once you get hired you go through two weeks of paid training. The process is very smooth, the only thing that takes awhile is the background check.

Interview Questions

• Do you have past banking experience? How would you handle an angry customer? Are you goal-oriented? What is your 5-year plan? What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied online, got a phone interview, and then in-person interview with a Branch Manager. Most of the questions were behavioral, and you have to answer in a STAR format.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an irate customer   Answer Question

Phone Banker I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Roanoke, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

applied online using employee referral, did the assessments online than received an email few hours later for a group interview, did the group interview 3 others very positive and I felt relaxed more than nervous. I was offered for the one on one interview I go to next week so fingers crossed!!!!

Interview Questions

• Why would you like a job with Wells Fargo?   1 Answer

Leadership Pipeline Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

The interview process is largely focused on soft skills, culture, etc. Lots of "tell me about a time" questions. Once you have made it through the first interview, then they choose the office that you would work at and you go to interview there. That interview is more specific to the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult team member   Answer Question

Collector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Des Moines, IA) in January 2015.

Interview

First you apply online, within a few days to a week (depending on the closing date for the position) you will receive an email about setting up a time for a phone interview. The phone interview is about 15 minutes asking about your eligibility and skills required for the job and questions about why you feel like you're a good fit for the position. Following the phone interview you will receive an email regarding a face to face interview, again the time is dependent on how many applicants and closing date of the req#. Once you complete the face to face you may either receive a phone call or email with a job offer or decline letter.

Interview Questions

• Random situational questions about work experience, how well you handle confrontation in the work place, and why you're a good fit for the company culture.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

The process consisted of an initial phone screen and then followed by an in-person interview with a series of two-on-one interviews. The interviews were very straight-up, mostly fit questions, i.e. "Tell me about a time when..." with the occasional technical mixed in

Interview Questions

• How would you measure the credit worthiness of a company?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to make an unpopular decision   Answer Question
    • What are some debt ratios you would look at when evaluating a company? What would be too high?   Answer Question