Wells Fargo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2017
5,231 Interview Reviews

2.8

Interview

I applied for the position and was not reached to until about three weeks after application, interview was scheduled. It took a total of a month to year back that I was offered the position

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Wells Fargo?
      Brief description of a difficult situation and how you handled it?
      Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Baltimore, MD) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position, and received an email the next day to take their survey. I passed the survey and had to wait for an interview spot. The interview is tomorrow.

Financial Advisor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Buffalo, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I'm still in the process but the interview was very nice and pretty informal. Net with the three managing partners of the group and discussed basic qualifications and experience.

Phone Banker I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2017.

Interview

After you complete your application and assessment, you will receive an email asking you to schedule a group interview. I received this email a few hours after submitting the application and I scheduled the interview for the next day. There will be between 7-10 people in the room with a single recruiter typing down your answers. Keep your answers a minute or less, you will be able to get into more detail in the second interview. First, the recruiter will explain the details of the position and then ask three easy questions. If you are selected to move to the second interview, you will receive a call from the recruiter within two days. For me, it was the same day. At the second interview, be prepared to answer 4-5 situational questions using the STAR method (Situation/Task, Action, Result). All the questions start off with "Tell me about a time...". Make sure to be as detailed as possible and sound confident with your answers. They will tell you to expect to hear back from them within a week if you were hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself / Why Wells Fargo?   Answer Question
    • How would you rate your computer skills: beginner, intermediate, advanced? How often do you use your computer? What search engines do you use?   Answer Question
    • Describe, briefly, a difficult situation you had with a customer OR describe, briefly, a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a difficult situation with a coworker and what steps you took to overcome it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you worked as a team on a task that had a deadline and what steps you took to overcome that.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the details of a job you had to get right.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you sold a product to a customer and what steps you took.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when there was a policy change at a job and how you accommodated to it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you have previous banking experience, you are eligible to negotiate a salary.

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Raleigh, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied for the position it took three weeks for a recruiter to schedule me for a phone interview. Waited for about a week I received an invitation for an in person interview which went well. After the interview I received an offer that same day over the phone

Collector III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview which was the classic STAR questions. Easy going interviewer. Was called back for an in person panel interview 2 days later. That is in two weeks...will update review afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • How does the job you are currently doing pertain to this position?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Wells Fargo?   Answer Question
    • How many years of customer service experience do you have?   Answer Question
    • How many years of late stage collection experience do you have?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Newark, DE) in June 2017.

Interview

The process from the submission of my application to my start date was about 6 weeks. After applying for the position online on the Wells Fargo website I was contacted a couple days later to schedule a time to attend a group interview. A couple days after that I attended the group interview where there were between 13-15 applicants. We started by introducing our selves per applicant and then the questions were pretty standard after that. There were 5 questions each applicant had to answer. After that, the regional recruiter and a manager from one of the branches in the region, that sat in on the interview talking notes, left the room to collaborate. The recruiter and manager then started to call applicants to the hallway to tell them whether they are moving on to the next step or not. The branch manager wanted to talk to me afterward to schedule a time for a second interview at her branch which I accepted. The interview at the branch was also pretty standard. The service manager interviewed me. This was one of my easiest interview experiences, but I did prepare for it and one of my biggest resources was biginterview.com It really simplifies everything in an interview. I was offered the position the following week. After finishing my background check and finger prints, my start date was determined.

Interview Questions

• Group interview: Tell me a time you went above and beyond for a customer

Why do you thing you are right for this position?

Second interview: Tell me about a time you've done something at work that you wish you could have taken back

What made you interested in Wells Fargo?
      Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Irving, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

The employer first scheduled you for a phone interview after that first step of the hiring process they schedule a panel interview for the second and final step of the hiring process .

Interview Questions

• Scenarios on problems that you’ve solved for your previous employer   Answer Question

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email about scheduling a phone interview. You have to be really fast in answering this email otherwise they will be full. Phone interview was easy. Basic questions about customer service. About 3 days later manager from the branch I applied to called for interview. 4 days later went to interview. Preparation is key. Situation based questions. Smile and stay calm. Act like your having a conversation amongst colleagues and you will be fine. Got a call the same day with an offer! Now just doing the background check. Set to start training in a week.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Wells Fargo?   1 Answer
    • Name a challenge that you overcame.   1 Answer
    • Do you have any questions for me?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Telephone interview with the hiring manager, followed by an interview which was face to face with one team member and others on the phone. I had to wait a week or so before hiring confirmation but had positive reviews from the panel within an hour.

Interview Questions

• What methods do you use for the requirements gathering process?   Answer Question