Wells Fargo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 28, 2017
5,119 Interview Reviews

2.8

Information Technology Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Applied through my college career board. Was selected for an on campus interview. I interviewed with an Human Resources representative and two IT people (one systems analyst one app developer). My interview was their last of the day so it was more laid back and less stressful. Most of the questions asked were situational and IT related.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time a new technological innovation caused you to have to change the way you were doing things.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to gather information from multiple sources in order to complete a project   Answer Question

Phone Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

The process is REALLY easy. Its a group interview to start. STILL treat it as if its one on one. Follow directions and direct answers to her. After that I recieved an email to come in the next day for a 1 on 1 pretty badic call center interview questions and the next day I was getting an offer

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

A management and a senior platform employee sat down with me and read the script of required questions. Prior research on the hiring process was useful in preparing for this interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation in which you had an unhappy customer, what did you do to find a good outcome.   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Group setting interview inside of the bank. We were asked to stand in front of a group of 20+ people to answer our interview questions and had about to 1 hour introduction to the company goals and policies

Interview Questions

• How many years of experience with cash handling do you have? How proficient are you in computer programs?   Answer Question

Technology Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

There were no technical questions. They mostly asked about my past projects and behavioral questions. Questions like "How did you handle a problematic team member?" It was a very friendly interview with one member of their security team and one member of their application development team.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a problematic team member? How did you solve an unexpected problem in a project?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Chapel Hill, NC).

Interview

Questions were difficult. interviewer was not friendly. I felt written off before I started talking. Was atypical to rest of my experience networking with wells fargo. Be confident and don't let them talk you down.

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Roanoke, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

applied online using employee referral, did the assessments online than received an email few hours later for a group interview, did the group interview 3 others very positive and I felt relaxed more than nervous. I was offered for the one on one interview I go to next week so fingers crossed!!!!

Interview Questions

• Why would you like a job with Wells Fargo?   1 Answer

IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (South San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

A technical interview by two tech leads and later, a personality interview by the director.

Wells Fargo indicated that I had passed all interviews and needed just one more short "getting to know you" interview with upper management. That person never participated in the phone call. Rather, they ambushed me with yet another 45-minute technical and personality interview and asked me to defend the one negative comment on me they managed to dig up.

The next day, they told the recruiter that they no longer had the budget for the position.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a staff member does not pull his weight?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

I filled out an application online and received an email the same day to schedule and in person interview. For the most part the interviews will be in a group setting, which in my case consisted of myself and six others. There was one employee(the recruiter) answering questions and typing our answers, and two other employees who turned out to be dept. managers listening in. Before starting the questions they go over the position, benefits etc. on a big screen where they also display the interview questions. In my case they chose who to start with and we went around the room for the questions(there were 4)...BE SURE TO ANSWER ALL PARTS OF EACH QUESTION. We were told to keep our responses to 1 minute maximum for the sake of time. The group interview lasted a little over an hour and then they let us leave. My group interview was on 4/3 and I received an email the next day to select a day/time for a 1 on 1 interview which was held a little over a week later. They tell you what to bring, how to dress, and give a few tips in an additional email. About two weeks after I was called and offered a position. You definitely have to be patient when interviewing because it is a process, but I had a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you offered a customer a product or service that would benefit them.

Describe a time when you had to navigate between multiple computer screens. Give specific examples. How long did you work in this position.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Applied, then received an email for a group interview. If you passed the group interview they called you back 2-3 days for a one on one interview. However, if you didn't pass the group interview they would send you an email.

Interview Questions

• Introduction and talk about work experience you have had with customer service and/or sales   Answer Question
    • Name a time you have had to offer a product or service depending on the customers needs   Answer Question